Canadian Pre-dental applying to US schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

orangeayellowfruit

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this whole pre-dental business as I just decided to pursue dentistry recently.

I was just wondering how most US dental schools look at Canadian university courses to see if they are accepted as prerequisites.

I go to University of British Columbia and some general biology and physics courses that come with a lab or tutorial component only account for 3 credits. Which I'm aware of only counts as 3 semester hours even though the lecture and the lab takes up 4-5 hours a semester at my school. I really hope I don't have to take extra courses to full-fill these simple science requirements.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but will I find out if I'm lacking prerequisite courses after applying?

Thanks everyone! Any help is appreciated.