Canadian to American grade conversions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ithsirs999

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I had a quick question for anyone who has done this/is doing this: if our school uses 0.5 and 1.0 credits for courses regardless of lab, how are you guys inputting them into optomCAS? are you doing 0.5=3, 0.5 with lab=4, or just 0.5? I was just going to do 0.5=3, 1.0=6, but for some schools for example Salus, they require that your chemistry prereqs be 4 credits.....so when I add my course it says 3 credits.

I have emailed them but have yet to receive a reply. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

thank you all

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I had a quick question for anyone who has done this/is doing this: if our school uses 0.5 and 1.0 credits for courses regardless of lab, how are you guys inputting them into optomCAS? are you doing 0.5=3, 0.5 with lab=4, or just 0.5? I was just going to do 0.5=3, 1.0=6, but for some schools for example Salus, they require that your chemistry prereqs be 4 credits.....so when I add my course it says 3 credits.

I have emailed them but have yet to receive a reply. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

thank you all

hi in waterloo we use : 0.5 for course and 0.25 for lab. so I called OptomCAS.
they told me time by 6. like: course: 0.5X6=3 and lab 0.25X6=1.5

that's how I put there. I think you better call OptomCAS to ask.
thanks

hi in waterloo we use : 0.5 for course and 0.25 for lab. so I called OptomCAS.
they told me time by 6. like: course: 0.5X6=3 and lab 0.25X6=1.5

that's how I put there. I think you better call OptomCAS to ask.
thanks

hey! thank you for your reply! I did call optomcas, a few times actually...they were of very little help :/ It seemed like they just read me the same thing fro the instructions lol. My problem is my school doesn't list labs at all on the transcript, so there's no way to know that a course had a lab

hey! thank you for your reply! I did call optomcas, a few times actually...they were of very little help :/ It seemed like they just read me the same thing fro the instructions lol. My problem is my school doesn't list labs at all on the transcript, so there's no way to know that a course had a lab
just keep calling them, different people maybe give you different answer.

(my university give the lab point. ( courese is 0.5 and lab is 0.25)