Canadian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

notadoctorx

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So from what I'm reading the PTCAS GPA doesn't allow any retakes. For Canadians/International students it says that they don't calculate your GPA, does this mean the universities take into consideration all retaken courses?

This is wishful thinking and a bit silly but I thought I would ask because there's a chance.
 
You can do retakes.....the retakes just don't replace. I'm not a Canadian applicant but I'm assuming same applies. In my case I had straight Fs and C minuses from undergrad in the pre reqs (yes awful....failed pre med....didn't know what the heck I was doing and didn't care). I retook everything at a community college and got straight As. So my ptcas pre req gpa still looks a little rough....but as I've learned, as long as it meets the minimum (usually 3.0), the schools seem to look closer to see what's going on. In my case they see a low cumulative pre req gpa but when they look close they see a straight A student over the recent years. I guess I'm saying it's worth doing pre reqs and the schools seem to do a decent job of looking into your whole application as long as you meet their minimums.