Cancel interviews after Dec 3, IF you receive an acceptance on Dec 3?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UNCafDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you with Dec., Jan., and beyond scheduled interviews..... do you plan to cancel those interviews *if* you receive an acceptance on Dec. 3? I have interviews scheduled after Dec. 3 (some in very early Dec.), and now I am wondering if dental schools will be expecting cancellations with little notice right after people get acceptances?

I mean, I don't want to cancel on schools last minute. At the same time, going to interviews involves missing class and work, and involves hotel costs, etc.

Has anybody had to cancel on schools with little notice? I don't want to burn any bridges down the road!

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you with Dec., Jan., and beyond scheduled interviews..... do you plan to cancel those interviews *if* you receive an acceptance on Dec. 3? I have interviews scheduled after Dec. 3 (some in very early Dec.), and now I am wondering if dental schools will be expecting cancellations with little notice right after people get acceptances?

I mean, I don't want to cancel on schools last minute. At the same time, going to interviews involves missing class and work, and involves hotel costs, etc.

Has anybody had to cancel on schools with little notice? I don't want to burn any bridges down the road!
If I get into my top choice I'll cancel my post-December interviews. Traveling for interviews is very stressful and expensive:(

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

it's the polite thing to do (as long as you get into a school you most def want to attend), gives people a chance to get invited for an interview, even at the last minute...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I only attended my top 5 and saved the rest of after december just incase

If I get into my state school, I plan on cancelling my interviews. No school is going to be cheaper than it.

What if someone else gives you a fat scholarship though

If I attend my state school, it’ll cost me 170k since I get in-state tuition and I plan on living with my parents. I don’t think any scholarship is going to make attendance cheaper than that.

what kind of scholarships do schools usually offer? and how much?

They offer merit-based, need based, and a mix. Idk how much, it varies from schools and depends on how much money they have. I know UPenn offers a bunch with the highest being 40k/year