Cancel interviews after Dec 3, IF you receive an acceptance on Dec 3?

Started by UNCafDDS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UNCafDDS

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you with Dec., Jan., and beyond scheduled interviews..... do you plan to cancel those interviews *if* you receive an acceptance on Dec. 3? I have interviews scheduled after Dec. 3 (some in very early Dec.), and now I am wondering if dental schools will be expecting cancellations with little notice right after people get acceptances?

I mean, I don't want to cancel on schools last minute. At the same time, going to interviews involves missing class and work, and involves hotel costs, etc.

Has anybody had to cancel on schools with little notice? I don't want to burn any bridges down the road!
 
For those of you with Dec., Jan., and beyond scheduled interviews..... do you plan to cancel those interviews *if* you receive an acceptance on Dec. 3? I have interviews scheduled after Dec. 3 (some in very early Dec.), and now I am wondering if dental schools will be expecting cancellations with little notice right after people get acceptances?

I mean, I don't want to cancel on schools last minute. At the same time, going to interviews involves missing class and work, and involves hotel costs, etc.

Has anybody had to cancel on schools with little notice? I don't want to burn any bridges down the road!
If I get into my top choice I'll cancel my post-December interviews. Traveling for interviews is very stressful and expensive🙁
 
Last edited:
For those of you with Dec., Jan., and beyond scheduled interviews..... do you plan to cancel those interviews *if* you receive an acceptance on Dec. 3? I have interviews scheduled after Dec. 3 (some in very early Dec.), and now I am wondering if dental schools will be expecting cancellations with little notice right after people get acceptances?

I mean, I don't want to cancel on schools last minute. At the same time, going to interviews involves missing class and work, and involves hotel costs, etc.

Has anybody had to cancel on schools with little notice? I don't want to burn any bridges down the road!
it's the polite thing to do (as long as you get into a school you most def want to attend), gives people a chance to get invited for an interview, even at the last minute...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad