Army Can't Access MODS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSandlapper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't get into MODS, have they made it to where you need a CAC now? I used to be able to login from my home computer, but now the website won't even load. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Members don't see this ad.

Same here. Trying to submit a CDW but the site won't load.

Members don't see this ad :)
New pha training became mandatory this month, did you do it?

I have not done this, how do I? Google tells me it has to deal with the personal health assessment, but I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do.

I did my PHA less than 6 months ago - this shouldn't have anything to do with the actual website not loading....

Ok,

Several things here. First is the MODS issue. A large number of HQDA Websites are currently undergoing maintenance and
will be unavailable until further notice. This is a direct quote from the Pentagon Executive Office. The HPSP office has made the EO aware of the situation and they are working to correct it. The HPSP Office will announce when access is allowed once again.

Second PHA. Attached is a slideshow with instructions on how to fill out the new form for PHA. If you have any trouble (some state they can't access without a CAC) please call the help desk 888-901-6896. They will no longer accept the AKO forms. You must go to the LHI website (listed on the first slide) and go from there.

While I'm at it. The Blended Retirement System. The following came directly from HRC:
•All members serving as of December 31, 2017, are grandfathered under the legacy retirement system. No one currently-serving will be automatically switched to the Blended Retirement System.

•Though they are grandfathered under the legacy retirement system, Active Component Service members with fewer than 12 years since their Pay Entry Base Date, and Reserve Component Service members who have accrued fewer than 4,320 retirement points as of December 31, 2017, will have the option to opt into the Blended Retirement System. The opt-in/election period for the Blended Retirement System begins January 1, 2018, and concludes on December 31, 2018.

•All Service members who enter the military on or after January 1, 2018, will automatically be enrolled in BRS.

BLUF, the Students have work to do to identify which retirement system they want to take advantage of, take the mandatory BRS Opt-In Course on Joint Knowledge Online and make the selection on MyPay

Q1.9. If a service member is eligible for BRS do they need to do anything?
A1.9. Yes, eligible service members will need to complete the mandatory BRS Opt-In Course on Joint Knowledge Online or their services’ Learning Management System (if available) and physically opt into BRS anytime from January 1, 2018, to December 31, 2018. Service members in the Army, Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard that wish to remain under the legacy retirement system do not need to take any action. To opt into BRS, Soldiers, Airmen and Sailors will utilize MyPay, Coast Guardsmen will opt in via Direct Access and Marines will make their decision via Marine Online (MOL). Additional guidance will be provided separately for the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Commissioned Officer Corps by their respective service. No one will be automatically moved to the BRS. Service members joining on or after January 1, 2018, will be automatically enrolled in the BRS.

http://militarypay.defense.gov/BlendedRetirement/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNC5O_nlL4Q

Finally, I know that many of you follow several other social network sites (Facebook, Yahoo, etc.) and while I lurk around there I'm not a member. Please PLEASE share it, and feel free to copy and paste this information.

Attachments

• LHI Care Registration Slides May 2017.pdf
    299.3 KB · Views: 176
MODS - same deal here. I can CAC in just fine on a government computer, but the site won't load anywhere else, no matter what network, browswer, OS, etc. I'm using. I can't even ping the site. I wrote to the MODS help desk but they didn't answer.

It is down for the foreseeable future - you should have received an email with instructions of how to manually submit CDW's and apply for ADT. If not, PM me and ill pass the info along.

How do I report getting married without MODs?

Recently found out the MODS admins are doing this on purpose. The site is INTENTIONALLY blocked for everyone that's not on a government computer AND a government network at the same time. This is a nightmare for the Guard and Reserves as we now have pretty much every soldier showing up for PHAs not having completed the service member questionnaire, which of course they cannot do at home.

First and foremost, I strongly suggest that before anyone posts information, that they perform their due diligence to ensure what you’re posting is correct. I am continually amazed at how many people will take what they see on social media as gospel rather than go to the source (in most cases the HPSP Student Management Office), and ask them. I read it on the internet so it has to be true!

Second, the Student Management Office is a MODS user as well. Calling the Student Advisors in the HPSP office "the MODS administrators" is a total misnomer and completely wrong.

Third, nightmare for the Guard and Reserves? You can trust me when I say that the Student Management Office is more frustrated with the fact that you can’t use the MODS system than all 1200 HPSP students combined. In the Army there are three – count em three Student Advisors. In order for you to go on ADT, they have to sign in as you and enter your request, then sign in as themselves and approve that request. They have to sign in as a new student, request a logon ID and create a password, then they have to sign in as the student and pre-enroll them into the system. Then, once the record is received from the recruiters, they sign in as themselves and verify the record so that you get paid stipend and your tuition gets paid on time. Same with the CDWs only the entity that approves those, can disapprove them without telling you or the Student Advisors that they just denied your $5,000.00 request for reimbursement. Then, when all 1200 of you get pi$$ed off, who do you call? Those same three people and interrupt them from doing all of the above to answer your questions and fix whatever it is that needs fixing. The workload is now X10 what it normally is at this time of year. But, everyone is getting their stipend, tuition, ADT and everyone is getting their CDW reimbursed.

Last, now that you know the difference between MODS and the Student Management Office I will tell you that it is NOT MODS that is intentionally keeping you out of the system. Nor, is the Surgeon General or anyone in her office. This came from Department of the Army for security reasons. Hence, why you need (why we need) to be on a .mil computer to work. No, we can’t sign in from home using a CAC reader on our own computer either. These security issues are being fixed. MODS is not an off-the-shelf program. The Army pays literally millions of dollars for development and maintenance of this HUGE data base. The programmers are working diligently to put in place the security patches that need to put in place. We are not going to estimate when you will have access again. Every time someone looks at it, they find some other issue that now needs to be fixed in the interest of security.

The Student Management Office has emailed out instructions on how to request ADT, PHA, and CDWs. If you need those again call 877-MED-ARMY or send a message to:
[email protected] and the staff will provide it to you.

And oh, by the way, you’re welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Sir/ma'am,

Thanks for the info. I'm a medic, not an HPSP student. I was just posting what I was told when I contacted the MODS helpdesk back in November, when the problem began, before I was made aware of all the network security issues. When Big Army revokes access to a data system that our Soldiers need, and we've been telling them to complete their PHA questionnaires before drill weekends, it's bad for readiness, but there's not much we can do about that (other than vent).