CAN'T complete english pre-req before matriculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medismydream

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wish I found this forum earlier because I am in serious deep trouble. I was accepted off waitlist last week and the class starts in August. Because I was almost certain I need to re-apply again after the interview and I know I would not do too well on English, I did not plan to take any English pre-req until sept. This way the Eng mark wouldn't hinder my gpa for this cycle. However, the school offered me a seat last week and they were asking for the Eng credits. Being so thankful and eager to attend the school, I've tried searching for online english courses that can be completed within two weeks but I've found nothing. The good news is the school accepts course substitution, and I have some science and economic courses that are novel- and reflection based. Do you think I can use them as substitutes or do you know any fast route in obtaining Eng credits? I REALLY would LOVE to go to med school this year :( ANY help is appreciated!

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

That is definitely a situation I would not want to be in... Why didn't you finish the pre-reqs before you graduated??? Your only hope is to talk to someone in admissions and beg them to either wave it or substitute it. Depending on the schools policy you may get really lucky or you may be **** out of luck. Thats just my thoughts, but I'm still a pre-med whose yet to apply so take it with a grain of salt until a more experienced user responds!

Thanks for your input, @Optimist Prime , I didnt because I was afraid of having low english marks affect my application and I thought I wouldnt get in this year, so I delayed taking them

Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch that could definitely come back to hurt you but I hope it all works out for you! I would call up the school first thing tomorrow and ask them about doing substitutions for those classes.

Reactions: 1 user
Speak to your med school immediately! See what they say. You might could get your acceptance deferred until next yr or they may somehow be OK with a substitution.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I would contact the school the first chance you get and explain the situation in detail. Make sure you are very clear with them. If they are willing to work with you, make sure the plan is crystal clear. Good luck.

It's hard to give you much advice on this other than talk to the school. But I just wanted to say good luck and I'm hoping for the best outcome for you!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you all for your replies! I just emailed the school and was very sincere about my situation. Hope everything will turnout well.

If they will take online courses, there are many schools that will give you credit as soon as you finish the course work.

Do they not accept any writing intensive courses?