Cant wait for Oct. 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemsmith

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going crazy! Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

i know this is a stupid question, but what happens october 15?

Members don't see this ad :)

You'll see a rise in threads that look like this:

"guys I only got into 8/9 schools that I interviewed at, am I a bad pre med?"

"I got into Yale, Harvard, johns Hopkins but not mayo. WHAT DO I DO? MY DREAM IS TO GO TO MAYO."

Also a bunch of threads like this

"omg I didn't get a call today, should I start working on my application for next cycle?"

typicalindian said:
"I got into Yale, Harvard, johns Hopkins but not mayo. WHAT DO I DO? MY DREAM IS TO GO TO MAYO."

"omg I didn't get a call today, should I start working on my application for next cycle?"

Unfortunately we will need to wait until march for some of these threads.

You'll see a rise in threads that look like this:

"guys I only got into 8/9 schools that I interviewed at, am I a bad pre med?"

Do they call for acceptances?

so is this the first day when med schools can tell you acceptances?

Unfortunately we will need to wait until march for some of these threads.

Tots, want to join me in the, "I got rejected by all 18 schools I interviewed at!" panic thread this Spring?

Yes, however, that doesn't mean that you are rejected if you don't get contacted on October 15th.

According to SDN, if you don't have an acceptance by October 15th at 8:01 AM EST, you're rejected from all your schools, even the ones you haven't interviewed at yet.

I thought acceptances for most schools are in march? Is this early decision or for DOs?

So this means that if we haven't been contacted at all, that the chances of getting rejections are extremely high on this day?

Members don't see this ad :)
So this means that if we haven't been contacted at all, that the chances of getting rejections are extremely high on this day?

October 15th is the first day that they're allowed to contact you about an acceptance. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll get rejected on that day.

Also, some schools (looking at you, BU!) won't say anything until mid-January. Thus the waiting continues....

each day adds to the anxiety, panic, and excitement....:scared:

As for me im waiting for nov 15th , thats the earliest for Tmdsas IS applicants to hear back

i am quite excited myself
Same, but I'm also terrified of a rejection.

On October 15 Loyola will call me and say I've been accepted (I hope) :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:.

Also, some schools (looking at you, BU!) won't say anything until mid-January. Thus the waiting continues....

Indeed. I was so excited about having an October interview at BU.. but then I realized they aren't rolling so it doesn't even matter :thumbdown:

11 days and counting. Two of the schools I have interviewed at said they would let me know their decision on October 15 so I can't wait!

So once you get at least 1 acceptance the stress is off right? Because reapplying isn't an option anymore after you get in once, even if your only acceptance is to your last choice.

So once you get at least 1 acceptance the stress is off right? Because reapplying isn't an option anymore after you get in once, even if your only acceptance is to your last choice.

I have two DO acceptances and the stress definitely isn't off.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

I was referring to md...in the md forum

Sorry bro. Still no though. If the only MD I get into is Drexel, then I'm going DO

Sorry bro. Still no though. If the only MD I get into is Drexel, then I'm going DO

Why not withdraw your Drexel app if you don't wanna go there? That way someone who does can have a chance.

Why not withdraw your Drexel app if you don't wanna go there? That way someone who does can have a chance.

Because I might change my mind.

Don't mean to open a can of worms, and don't mean to sound rude, but why did you apply to Drexel then?

Don't mean to open a can of worms, and don't mean to sound rude, but why did you apply to Drexel then?

I was actually really excited about Drexel, but the tour and interview day ruined it for me. I didn't realize how much I care about facilities and location until I saw how much I don't like those things about Drexel.

I'm so glad the 15th is almost here. I've only had one interview so far but it was one of my top choices so if I get the acceptance phone call any other interviews are just a bonus.

I'm not interviewing at Drexel until 10/16 :( Missed the cutoff!

I'm so glad the 15th is almost here. I've only had one interview so far but it was one of my top choices so if I get the acceptance phone call any other interviews are just a bonus.

Same here. One of my top choices said theyd get back to us on 10/15!

does anyone happen to know what the reasoning behind the oct 15th date is/? just curious

I'm not interviewing at Drexel until 10/16 :( Missed the cutoff!

They won't necessarily tell you on the 15th even if you made the cut off. They said that decisions would come out in 4 to 6 weeks, possibly even longer.

does anyone happen to know what the reasoning behind the oct 15th date is/? just curious

Just before fall break for many undergrads so kids won't celebrate too hard while classes are in session? Idk.

I was actually really excited about Drexel, but the tour and interview day ruined it for me. I didn't realize how much I care about facilities and location until I saw how much I don't like those things about Drexel.

Drexel's interview day was totally weird. I can't blame you at all for this outlook.

Drexel's interview day was totally weird. I can't blame you at all for this outlook.

I was very disappointed.. not necessarily with Drexel itself, but with the fact that I didn't like it there. :(

My guess is that schools would have finished handing out decisions for Early Decisions Applicants. If they have a small list, they could interview regular applicants, but since not all schools are finished with ED yet, they just wait for one standardized day to start releasing ED people.

I was in the first batch of 25 interviewees at the 1 MD interview i have (interview day was end of august), and am praying that I am accepted on the 16th (when they said they would start offering acceptances)

I have no interviews, just a train full of rejections. :(

How does withdrawing now give someone who wants to go there a chance? Drexel is going to take a set number of medical students next year whether MedPR withdraws now or right before May 15th(if he is accepted). He is not preventing someone else from matriculating until he decides to matriculate himself. Yes, he might be delaying the acceptance process for someone else but he got an interview and even if it wasn't his favorite school he should be entitled to await that decision. He should have the option to make the choice to attend(if accepted) down the road when the situation is different, even if currently he does not think he would attend over other acceptances.

Its really hard to get a feel for a school until you show up and interview. I encountered one school that looked like a perfect fit on paper but after my interview I walked away pretty sure I did not want to go there. (And I have not yet withdrawn my app :smuggrin:)

Oct. 15th is dictated by the AMCAS traffic rules. Found here: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/recommendations/62826/policies_admissionofficers.html

3. Each school notify all applicants - other than Combined College/M.D., Early Decision Program (EDP), and deferred matriculation applicants - of acceptance to medical school only after October 15 of each admission cycle. It may be appropriate to communicate notifications of decisions other than acceptance to medical school to applicants prior to October 15.

I have no idea why they choose Oct. 15th though, if that is what you were asking. :D

i was in the first batch of 25 interviewees at the 1 md interview i have (interview day was end of august), and am praying that i am accepted on the 16th (when they said they would start offering acceptances)

ouwb?

yes! you interviewed there recently as well right?

I was there recently as well :) I really liked the school and am hoping they like me just as much lol. I think I'll send a LOI soon.

I was very disappointed.. not necessarily with Drexel itself, but with the fact that I didn't like it there. :(

That's terrible. Maybe I've just been really lucky but I LOVE all the schools that I have interviewed at.If I am lucky enough to get multiple acceptances, I will be choosing based on cost and trivial things such as what the weather is like, not the school itself.

Last edited:
That's terrible. Maybe I've just been really lucky but I LOVE all the schools that I have interviewed at.If I am lucky enough to get multiple acceptances, I will be choosing based on cost and trivial things such as what the weather is like, not the school itself.

Weather isnt much of a deciding factor for me. Campus and surrounding area are hugely important though.

The moment of truth
is right around the corner.
Good luck to us all.