Cant wait for Oct. 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
one school I interviewed at said they might put our letters in the mail this Friday. i live about 10 mi away from it so there's a chance I could get my letter on saturday... AHH THE ANTICIPATION!

I'm willing to bet that by 3pm on Oct. 15th there will be an "I haven't heard anything today and my mailbox is empty...scared" thread.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
one school I interviewed at said they might put our letters in the mail this Friday. i live about 10 mi away from it so there's a chance I could get my letter on saturday... AHH THE ANTICIPATION!

Have you used USPS recently? Even 10 miles away will take them a week. :laugh:

Last edited:
Have you used USPS recently? Even 10 miles away will take them a week.
I interviewed at this same school last year, they sent the letters out on a Friday and I received it 90 miles away on Saturday. so yes I know what I'm talking about :)

I see you live in CA, here in bumf*ck wisconsin mail isn't so hectic ;)

I interviewed at this same school last year, they sent the letters out on a Friday and I received it 90 miles away on Saturday. so yes I know what I'm talking about :)

I see you live in CA, here in bumf*ck wisconsin mail isn't so hectic ;)

Ahaha I was just kidding :D Lucky :( Just a few weeks ago I sent a letter from a post office that was across the street from its destination...took 4 days....

Ahaha I was just kidding :D Lucky :( Just a few weeks ago I sent a letter from a post office that was across the street from its destination...took 4 days....
haha well I'm sure your mailbox is going to be overflowing soon when you hear back from your 38800402 interviews.. just might take a few more days than my one letter

I thought USPS stopped delivering mail on saturdays?

i'm really excited/optimistic. I'm def looking forward to 10/15

Members don't see this ad :)
eh, my first interview is on the 17th, so for me, the decision nerves start then... hope everyone gets the news they want on the 15th though!

Why didn't you just drop it off yourself? :confused:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Why didn't you just drop it off yourself? :confused:

Cause the novelty of sending stuff via snail mail is awesome duh!? :cool: Its a little more complicated than that...but yeah.(I also could have sent it via intercampus mail but its just not the same!)

Everytime I look at the calendar this week my heart jumps and then sinks and I get all sweaty. Can it please just be the 15th already not sure how much more I can take!!

Everytime I look at the calendar this week my heart jumps and then sinks and I get all sweaty. Can it please just be the 15th already not sure how much more I can take!!
I was talking about this situation to a buddy who attends CUSOM right now, and he was pretty much telling me to hush... he didn't hear anything til March (granted, his interview was later)

I was talking about this situation to a buddy who attends CUSOM right now, and he was pretty much telling me to hush... he didn't hear anything til March (granted, his interview was later)

He's just jealous you interviewed early ;)

He's just jealous you interviewed early ;)

haha maybe. he's got nothing to be jealous of though... he's already in!

I'm not really afraid of having to wait a little longer for a decision. I'm just afraid that they already made the decision and it wasn't the decision I wanted.

The only school I interviewed at snail mails acceptance letters on the 15th, so if I am lucky enough to get one, it might not be for a few days after the 15th. I will be waiting for the mailman every day starting Monday...

Fair enough! I want to at least be able to enjoy some of this year so hopefully some of the pressure will be off if there is good news next week :xf:

Just to clarify, the AAMC says:

"Each school notify all applicants - other than Combined College/M.D., Early Decision Program (EDP), and deferred matriculation applicants - of acceptance to medical school only after October 15 of each admission cycle."

Does this mean that it will actually be at 12 am on October 16?

"Each school notify all applicants - other than Combined College/M.D., Early Decision Program (EDP), and deferred matriculation applicants - of acceptance to medical school only after October 15 of each admission cycle."

I've heard of schools sending letters out on the thirteenth so the letter gets there the fifteenth or after...

Sent from my LT28at using SDN Mobile

One of my schools said the 15th. Some websites say the 16th. So it just depends in the school, I guess.

So my phone chimes, I excitedly look at my email, hoping for another II. But no, Starbucks has to torment me yet again.

On the plus side, the email said I could pick up a free coffee from 4-6pm on...

... you guessed it, October 15th, lol.

So I guess if I get good news I will be celebrating with Starbucks and if I get bad news I will be crying at Starbucks trying to enjoy my free coffee.

So my phone chimes, I excitedly look at my email, hoping for another II. But no, Starbucks has to torment me yet again.

On the plus side, the email said I could pick up a free coffee from 4-6pm on...

... you guessed it, October 15th, lol.

So I guess if I get good news I will be celebrating with Starbucks and if I get bad news I will be crying at Starbucks trying to enjoy my free coffee.
If bad news, you add a shot of whatever to that coffee you're drinking

I'm kind of paranoid bc the post office just lost my absentee voters ballot, so I'm worried my acceptance letter might get lost too!

I'm kind of paranoid bc the post office just lost my absentee voters ballot, so I'm worried my acceptance letter might get lost too!

I doubt your acceptance letter will get lost. The other one probably got lost because someone didn't like who you voted for, lol.

I doubt your acceptance letter will get lost. The other one probably got lost because someone didn't like who you voted for, lol.

Obama is paying post office to lose all ballots voting for Romney. Jk, I haven't voted yet, I was waiting to receive the ballot.

This will be the longest weekend im history.

This will be the longest weekend im history.

images54schlitz.jpg

Whoever came up with the idea of making this deadline is a cruel person.

Whoever came up with the idea of making this deadline is a cruel person.
agreed. I htink September 15th would be more prudent given how early schools start interviewing these days.

After reading through some of last year's school-specific threads, I'm actually beginning to doubt I'll hear anything on Monday.

Last edited:
After reading through some of last year's school-specific threads, I'm actually beginning to doubt I'll hear anything on Monday.

well oct 15 was a saturday last year

As the date draws ever closer I find a zen-like calm replacing my otherwise nonyielding neurosis. I hope this is a sign from the gods.

As the date draws ever closer I find a zen-like calm replacing my otherwise nonyielding neurosis. I hope this is a sign from the gods.

nevermind. the neurosis returns like a creeping fungus

So, it's safe to say that many on this thread will be checking each school's portal on Monday for any changes??

Some schools call.

I know, it was a joke.

In the chance that calling accepted applicants isn't the very first thing they do at the start of business at 9am Monday morning, I thought some here may get the itch to check their applicant pages for changes like, "Congratulations, please call Jane Doe to confirm your spot," or a shiny new "Next Steps," or "Accepted" tab on their homepage. :D

Lol, oh sorry, yeah I've been checking for weeks.