Car Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TallScrubs

Coude Rockin' Everywhere
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We're future doctors...there have to be others besides myself who love cars and looking forward to having the capital to get something to enjoy.

What do you drive? What do you want to drive? PICTURES--cars are visual

My current (picture taken during 2009 AKA Rally from New York to Florida Keys):

6176_133142930529_669840529_3718400_5470563_n.jpg

Hoping to drive:

1-carbon-fiber-lotus-elise.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

My boyfriend wants me to buy him this:

235I7361_Fmed_lg.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Right now I drive a 13 year old Ford Taurus station wagon. It has really low miles, though, so it serves us pretty well, though the heat in the winter sucks. I look forward to a newer, fancier car.

Ultimately, I want a luxury SUV for our family car, like an Acura MDX or a Lexus LX or GX. My husband and I will each have a car, though, and I'm thinking he'll want the SUV when we're not together for room (he's a big dude). Depending on where I'm practicing, I may want a nice sedan for myself commuting and parking in a city.

your state doesnt need a front plate? nice

This reminds me, I've noticed that some car people refuse to put on their front plate even if it's required. I guess it's cooler not to have it?

your state doesnt need a front plate? nice

Nope, but my dealer still decided to drill the two holes to put their stupid plate.

Also, to the other poster above, you could also buy me the Atom (the car in the picture) it is sweet.

This reminds me, I've noticed that some car people refuse to put on their front plate even if it's required. I guess it's cooler not to have it?

fa sho fa sho. it gets in the way of the aesthetics;)

im hoping to get an M3 before they change the engine to TTV6:laugh:

Right now I drive an 08 SI that I turbo'd a few months back.

I'll more than likely have a stable of cars someday :) Too many to choose from that I'd like to own

i currently drive an 02 civic that i love and will drive into the ground, but i'd like to upgrade to small SUV or luxury coupe (think BMW 3 series or an A4). it'll be a while though :laugh:

I drive a Camry now and love it. Does everything I need and hope to hang on to it for a long time yet (come from a Toyota family and have seen just how long they last ha). My dream is to own supercar power and performance for the price of a luxury sedan:

branew-gtr.jpg

And although I really love my current Suzuki toy, I drooled a bit when I saw her:

bmw-s-1000-rr-sbk.jpg

All 193hp on two wheels, just wow.

Last edited:
Right now I drive an 07 light green Ford Focus that has dark tinted windows and we just lowered it! :p Will probably put on the sway bars next spring/summer. That will be my med school car. By residency, there are a couple BMW's in the family, and maybe I can inherit one. It will most certainly be awhile before I can buy my own! Just no Lexuses. So generic. Leave those to the realtors.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about luxury cars? More money for tech gadgets, nice clothes, and fancy pens.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'd like to submit my car - It's the only car I want. It's a marvel of modern engineering. Now before everyone goes crazy, here's why I qualify this car as a marvel of engineering. Honda sells these things worldwide. They are able to compete in rich countries and poor ones. They have kept the design more or less unchanged since their update in 06. They continue to have stellar reliability, economy, and utility. Have you seen the crash test videos? They have so many airbags that the dummies look like they are heading off to bed.

All this for 15 and change for the well equipped model. It may not have the horsepower, of other cars, but in terms of bang for the buck, it can't be beat.

Attachments

• 2010.honda.civic.20354642-E.jpg
    2010.honda.civic.20354642-E.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 2010.honda.civic.20354646-E.jpg
    2010.honda.civic.20354646-E.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 30
Members don't see this ad :)
Now this thread I <3

Right now, I have a 07 pontiac solstice that I bought this summer-- affordable car payment.

I've had a long list of cars that I used to modify (when I worked and wasn't paying tuition fees lol) such as Stage 2 Roush mustang for autocross (it was okay), GT mustangs (1 had a small procharger on it), 08 vette (my avatar- 1st brand new car I ever bought), 04 STi (that a truck fell on), crossfire, 1st car was a grand prix, also had a Mach 1 Mustang, and my all time favorite was my 04 Mustang Cobra with a F1-A procharger (cog setup at 18 lbs of boost). Here's a link to that car: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2515051/2004-ford-mustang. Not sure if that'll work or not. Page 4 shows the installation of the procharger. The roush is in that mix somewhere too.

I want another cobra, but I wouldn't do a procharger.. I'd go with kennebell this time. The vette was fun, but I loved my cobra way better. Honestly, I've almost quit school just to fund this habit because I made more when I wasn't paying tuition. All in all, I've just put my "habit" on hold lol.

thats my biggest complaint with my civic, is the lack of power. i want a V6 (at least :smuggrin:)

I had a V6 for a while...too bad it was trapped in a '93 buick century. Hard to look cool in that ;). especially when I had to roll down the window and open the door from the outside because I broke the inner handle. Still, it was a good car, especially over 25mph, and got surprisingly awesome mileage. Now I live in an accessible enough city that the cost of gas and parking aren't justified, so I gave it up.

currently, i agree. cars a wasted. however, when i have money to blow its going to a nicer car.

My husband and I share a Chevy Prizm 2001. When I'm finally a doctor he wants a custom bike plus a truck. I just want a silver Toyota Corolla. :)

My husband and I share a Chevy Prizm 2001. When I'm finally a doctor he wants a custom bike plus a truck. I just want a silver Toyota Corolla. :)
My first car was a beige/champagne (depending on how fancy you're feeling) Toyota Corolla. I loved that car. I got T-boned at a major intersection in the neighborhood where I grew up when some bozo blew the red light which bent the frame and totalled my baby. :(

My first car was a beige/champagne (depending on how fancy you're feeling) Toyota Corolla. I loved that car. I got T-boned at a major intersection in the neighborhood where I grew up when some bozo blew the red light which bent the frame and totalled my baby. :(

+1! First car was a 1994 dark green Toyota Corolla. $800. I sold it to some kid my senior year in high school, then he must've sold it again because I totally saw it years later driving around town. I can't say that I loved it, but it got me around.

Currently rocking: Red 2005 Honda Civic Coupe LX Special Edition with 125,000 miles. It was my first new car. Since it is paid off, I hope it lasts until I graduate med school in 2015. Hopefully everyone isn't lying and my Honda will last until 200K or more.

Dream car: F450 or F550 Super Duty Crewcab Truck to pull my dream 3 horse trailer with living quarters. LoL

Extreme Dream Car which will probably never happen:

Yellow_Ferrari_458_Italia.jpg

We're future doctors...there have to be others besides myself who love cars and looking forward to having the capital to get something to enjoy.

What do you drive? What do you want to drive? PICTURES--cars are visual

My current (picture taken during 2009 AKA Rally from New York to Florida Keys):

Hoping to drive:

Nasty OP! I drove a WRX from 2002 to about 05. HEAVILY modded...emphasis on heavily haha. I did a fair bit of local rallies back then too!! Photo attached.

I am rockin a MKV GTI these days. Carbonio CF intake and APR Chip. Nothin like the rex

PS Welcome to PCOM :) You will love it here next year!

Attachments

• 14235_567213183289_21800158_33511081_2977797_n.jpg
    14235_567213183289_21800158_33511081_2977797_n.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 7021_558140529959_21800158_33212854_7016044_n.jpg
    7021_558140529959_21800158_33212854_7016044_n.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I love this thread. The kind of car I want is the only monetary-related thing that I have given thought to.

As for me I would like nothing more than the BMW M6.

yesterday was my 21st birthday, i have never been much of a spender of mah parent's money tho, so my mom and my dad decided to pay for me to lease a honda accord, 2011 edition. let me tell ya, that thing was fast lol.

as for the future, i am gonna get the benz e series, prob the 350. its got the right amounts of horse power and luxury to meet mah standards lol.

qft.

I'm somewhere in between loving the stuff and not caring at all.

I'm partial to Lexus though.

And if you feel like an American model, Chevy did nice with that camaro
2010-Chevrolet-Camaro.jpg
While I agree the current Camaro looks awesome from the outside, the windows are so freaking small on the inside its uncomfortable, I don't get it :confused:

also inb4 all-students

Awesome! Lots of Suby owners!!! My old one... 507 awhp

hutch2.jpg

Now I drive an Xterra :laugh: But hey, at least it's Supercharged.

As for what I'd like one day... I'd be happy with an M3 or GT3

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'd like to submit my car - It's the only car I want. It's a marvel of modern engineering. Now before everyone goes crazy, here's why I qualify this car as a marvel of engineering. Honda sells these things worldwide. They are able to compete in rich countries and poor ones. They have kept the design more or less unchanged since their update in 06. They continue to have stellar reliability, economy, and utility. Have you seen the crash test videos? They have so many airbags that the dummies look like they are heading off to bed.

All this for 15 and change for the well equipped model. It may not have the horsepower, of other cars, but in terms of bang for the buck, it can't be beat.
This made me lol. Would you seriously buy a Honda Civic if you could afford almost any other car on the market?

Awesome! Lots of Suby owners!!! My old one... 507 awhp

hutch2.jpg

Now I drive an Xterra :laugh: But hey, at least it's Supercharged.

As for what I'd like one day... I'd be happy with an M3 or GT3

Ive seen you posting...and ive always been like haha i wonder how much boost hes slangin!

507 is pretty incredible man! I was somewhere in the low to mid 400s with my wrx @ 20 psi on a vf34 IIRC. I actually almost picked up a STi back when I bought the GTI...it was between the two. I decided against it because I dont really have mod money now and it would have been trouble!!!

Ive seen you posting...and ive always been like haha i wonder how much boost hes slangin!

507 is pretty incredible man! I was somewhere in the low to mid 400s with my wrx

I'm a she :p Most people I met on the interview trail from SDN were like "WTF does your username mean?" So I was glad to see this thread :laugh:

I had a 2003 WRX before the STi and it dyno'd at 343...Definitely a fun car! Also had a 3rd gen RX-7 I looooooooved. And a stock BMW 330Ci that was fun to auto-x

Edit: Found this one of the old FD
FallFD.jpg

People say I'm crazy but I'll totally get one again when I'm getting a good doctor's salary to be able to afford the maintenance. ^^ That one blew up 3 times while I had it haha

My whole family pretty much has a scoob

brother- 02 bugeye with VF34 and 2.5 shortblock. ~400 awhp out of a 2.0 is pretty amazing. Evos have always impressed me in that category

other brother- 05 outback (turbo'd edition- i forget the name right now) with some slight mods

mom- '10 legacy

My one brother has quite a few affluent friends who are all young and privileged and own cars such as: M3, M5 (probably has three close friends with them), F430, Panamera, and loads of others. I drove in a GT-R when it was first released down I-95...they are freaking wicked.

I'm a she :p Most people I met on the interview trail from SDN were like "WTF does your username mean?" So I was glad to see this thread :laugh:

I had a 2003 WRX before the STi and it dyno'd at 343...Definitely a fun car! Also had a 3rd gen RX-7 I looooooooved. And a stock BMW 330Ci that was fun to auto-x

She! Even better :) You on clubwrx or nasioc?? I used to post on clubwrx religiously

I've also kind of always thought your username referred to the kind of boost i like.

In your off time this summer you guys should really try to get to a rally-america event. I've gone to Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR) for the past four years and it is a blast.

I've also kind of always thought your username referred to the kind of boost i like.

In your off time this summer you guys should really try to get to a rally-america event. I've gone to Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR) for the past four years and it is a blast.

Haha I think my rally days are over for now. I absolutely destroyed the WRX rallying. When your motor suddenly starts knocking and you pull your IC off and its full of oil it sucks haha. I could never afford it right now...not to mention I would hate dealing with FWD on my GTI...boooo.

Yep, I use the same username on most forums. I pretty much stick to Off-Topic on NASIOC now. Haven't visted ClubWRX since I sold the cars. My plans before starting med school will be to try to follow around the Grand-Am series since I have a friend who races in it and I've always wanted to be a groupie ha

Ha ha, i was talking about watching Pastrana and Block go nuts. I don't rally but I do dick around in fields and stuff.

n783428957_1474440_586925.jpg
n783428957_1474442_3325571.jpg

I'm not huge into the whole 'dub' scene but there are plenty that are pretty sweet.

Edit: I will admit that I do love Corrados--they are awesome...almost had one as my first car.

My brother's friends hold an event called 'Blown Euroz' that's gotten pretty big of the past few years--gotten into a few VW magazines

I have a 2009 Jetta :D. I test-drove a zillion cars before picking it and it was by FAR my favorite, also compared to my cousin's BMW and my mom's Mercedes. I was actually a little sad cause I always thought I'd get a super nice luxury car when I make the big bucks, but I just don't like the way they drive as much (the Mercedes is way too cramped and uncomfortable and the BMW's pedals are annoyingly touchy). Maybe they'll be different in 10 years :p.

surprised we haven't seen any veyron's yet :laugh:

I can be all set with my dream car and bike for ~$105,000. What a bargain!... Oh man, its gonna be a while.

This made me lol. Would you seriously buy a Honda Civic if you could afford almost any other car on the market?

I don't know. However, I can absolutely tell you that right now, if I had a BMW 5 series on one hand and a Civic and a wad of cash equal to the difference between the two cars on the other, I would take about 1.7 seconds to choose the Honda + cash. What I mean by "marvel of engineering" is not that the car has the most power or most features. It's a marvel of engineering because it's so such high quality (safety, refinement, economy) for such little money.

currently drive:
WAUMFAFL4BN001307-1c.jpg
main.jpg

15_02_2009_10_53_13Audi+A4+allroad+quattro.jpg

want to drive:
audi_r8_v10_red_images_002.jpg

sorry not letting me shrink the images idk why..

being a pro writer online has it's advantages :)

I own a 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass 4 door that I bought for $900 seven years ago. I find this car to be very useful in screening prospective girl friends. If a girl is not interested in me because I drive an ugly old car with tattered cloth seats and more than a few dings, then my car has served a higher purpose and saved me from a miserable relationship. I have a Zen relationship with my car because she represents the elimination of desire.

Lamborghini-Sesto-Elemento-1-625x415.jpg

Sesto Elemento ftw. Unfortunately it's just a concept car atm...and if it ever comes out I'm sure there will be a list of people able to buy, and I won't be on it. ;)