Car Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Somebody wanna tell me how to embed pics (not attach them)?

Please, someone do.

Members don't see this ad.

Use this button that's right above where you type.
insertimage.gif
Paste the URL for the image in the dialog box and it'll take care of it for you.

Use this button that's right above where you type.
insertimage.gif
Paste the URL for the image in the dialog box and it'll take care of it for you.

hmm, thats what I tried. Maybe its because my work computer is ghetto...several things tend to not work on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure, if it's a picture from photobucket or tinypic or another photosharing site, that you're using the "Direct Link".

you make no sense my friend

PS someone tell me how to post a picture without "attaching" it. Thought I had it figured out, but it didn't work (at least on my work computer, which is ancient).

It's actually quite elementary my friend.

You said, and I'm paraphrasing, "this thread is my car > your car"

Your signature is essentially, "my state (Texas) > your state"

Thus, considering your signature, you should also like that theme of the thread.

i sense this thread is getting hijacked, so can we get back on track? cuze i actualy enjoy reading this thread lol.

HAHA did no one else find this funny? Man, we need to ramp up the propaganda (although I personally do enjoy trains)

The significant other is usually the biggest hurdle to get passed. Butter him up with good food and then sign both of you up for an MSF accredited riding course. It will help you decide if it is for you while teaching you in a safe, controlled environment. Your husband may even find that he likes it too.

For the record, there isn't anything basic about a ZX-12 haha, start small and work your way up :thumbup:

That is a "stupid" comment. What if you get T-boned by an 18-wheeler on the driver side of your car... Live in fear if you want. No reason to judge other people
Hehe yeah... I obviously still have to do my homework on motorcycles. Sportbikes, or whatever that category is, all look the same to me! I've got plenty of time for researching things though. Who knows if I'll even be into that once I've got the $$ (years and years down the road!), but it would be cool to at least learn more about it. Getting the husband to take a riding course with me doesn't sound like such a bad idea :)

You can keep your rice burners and exotics..1967 Shelby GT500 will put some hair on your chest and leave ya in a cloud of burnt rubber.
3457687337_0d181cb9a2_o.jpg

I am, admittedly, terrified of motorcycles. It all stems back to this book I read when I was a teenager about these two college student ER volunteers and all the cases that come in one night. One of the few deaths was a kid that skidded out on a highway ramp when he was riding his cousin's motorcycle. I still shudder when I think about the description of the ER staff trying to scrub asphalt grit out of what was left of his flesh. :barf:
+1. I saw a motorcycle accident in Central America in person... it was like a scene from a Tarantino flick. Plus, it irks me when motorcyclists ride between lanes and put their lives in the hands of car-driving strangers.

has any one looked into the new tesla electric cars yet? the new model s can accelerate from 0 - 60 in 5.4 secs, thats alot of horse power lol. its pure electirc so no gas cost.

tesla_model_s_sedan_main_a.jpg

has any one looked into the new tesla electric cars yet? the new model s can accelerate from 0 - 60 in 5.4 secs, thats alot of horse power lol. its pure electirc so no gas cost.

tesla_model_s_sedan_main_a.jpg

I remember reading about Tesla in Popular Science or Mechanics ... either way I like the look but seems like it isn't worth it. If I remember correctly, it is built on a lotus frame with less performance at nearly twice the price. It is cool because its rare and unique (for now). On top of the car price tag, the home charging unit is extraordinarily expensive -- quoted at the time of the article near $20,000.

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember reading about Tesla in Popular Science or Mechanics ... either way I like the look but seems like it isn't worth it. If I remember correctly, it is built on a lotus frame with less performance at nearly twice the price. It is cool because its rare and unique (for now). On top of the car price tag, the home charging unit is extraordinarily expensive -- quoted at the time of the article near $20,000.

lol now that u mentioned that i prob wont get it. u also have to switch the lithiun ion battery every 6 years for few k as well. its at best a play toy for the rich.

for me if i had 50 - 60 to spend on cars i did get benz. prob the e350 series.

lol now that u mentioned that i prob wont get it. u also have to switch the lithiun ion battery every 6 years for few k as well. its at best a play toy for the rich.

That, and they have a really crappy range. If you it anywhere near what you would call "hard", youll get less than half the miles than they claim youll get out of one charge.

That, and they have a really crappy range. If you it anywhere near what you would call "hard", youll get less than half the miles than they claim youll get out of one charge.

ima buy u dinner since u saved me prob 60k some time down the road, may be lol.

Thus, considering your signature, you should also like that theme of the thread.

That's your opinion about my signature.

And for the record, to be faithful to the thread, I like my 2008 Chevrolet Silverado crew cab, I want to drive for the rest of my life.

And that is your opinion on this thread. This is pointless

I take back my post about wanting to drive my truck for the rest of my life. I want this car

images

For more of my dream cars, visit minorityvehicles.com...funny stuff.
DISCLAIMER: I don't condone the insinuated racism which might be found in that web address.

Hopefully I have enough cash money by the time this is not just a concept.

by0tB.jpg

w9Lxx.jpg
BFmPV.jpg

This was my car:
bf4a54.jpg

2iabt06.jpg

Turbo, nitrous... was fun but still not fast enough

This is what I ride now:
2427jw7.jpg

As promised. My car:
28304_10100109038033726_2521467_54555122_7566784_n.jpg

My dream car:
dreamcar2.jpeg

My more realistic dream car:
Wonder if anyone can tell me what this is w/o cheating. Looks better w/ the top down. I like something that is going to stand out and be different if you can't tell.
spyker_c8_aileron.jpeg

I like something that is going to stand out and be different if you can't tell

Hmmm, your requirements meet the criteria for being one of those unicycle people in college

Boy do those people stand out and look different :p

Wonder if anyone can tell me what this is w/o cheating. Looks better w/ the top down. I like something that is going to stand out and be different if you can't tell.

Spyker C8.

They're still pretty pricey cars.

spyker_c8_aileron.jpeg

Thats a spyker C8.... pretty classy, but not exactly the benchmark in performance as far as supercars go.

I currently have a 2006 Acura TSX. Thinking about getting either a 135i, 370Z, or JCW Cooper S sometime in the near future.

As for my dream car, I have way too many haha

F40, F50, 458, 250GTO, etc

Thats a spyker C8.... pretty classy, but not exactly the benchmark in performance as far as supercars go.

Truth.

I love the look of that exposed shifter linkage though.

My old baby is worth posting a picture of RIP to my RSX-s, im doing the german dance for now with my E60 and hopefully I'll be baller enough to go italian as a doctor lol and no i don't mean fiat! I'm glad there are other car fanatics out there.

Attachments

• 15951_1289781966379_1285124256_30837397_8157579_n.jpg
    15951_1289781966379_1285124256_30837397_8157579_n.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 52
Hmmm, your requirements meet the criteria for being one of those unicycle people in college

Boy do those people stand out and look different :p

Try going to college in Minnesota. 3 feet of snow, roads covered in ice, -15 windchill, and unicycle guy is still chugging right along. There's a certain point at which unique and kitschy becomes "ok, you've made your point, now get down from there."

lexus_lfa_21.jpg

$400,000 for the LEXUS LFA.... yea, for a Lexus- Ridiculous. Its a proper supercar, but I thought one of you ricer enthusiast would have posted this by now.

I drive an '03 Audi A4 1.8T right now. Not my car but it's the same color:

7191744.2003.Audi.A4.jpg
8751276_2.jpg

I was going to buy an '00/'01 S4 but decided not to because of the massive maintenance bills. I defintely want to own an S4 or RS4 someday.

Last edited:
Ha, I wish. This is the future vehicle thread, remember?

http://www.icon4x4.com/overview/fj/models

I drive an 80.

Thats true, but its also the current car thread. The 80 is nice too. the current landcruiser has lost all its roots though.

I saw a really nice fj40 the other day. It really got me excited into getting one, but I just couldnt justify it since I rarely go off roading.

[youtube]O2vnaGHp5PU[/youtube]
[youtube]SAV_Sj1yFI0[/youtube]

Probably putting down probably 600 awhp...crazy as hell. B5 S4s are a little dated but they're still badass cars. I hope they're still around in 10 years when I finish college, med school, and residency (...or another twin turbo v6 awd luxury car.) :laugh:

thanksgiving-1.jpg

Thats true, but its also the current car thread. The 80 is nice too. the current landcruiser has lost all its roots though.

I saw a really nice fj40 the other day. It really got me excited into getting one, but I just couldnt justify it since I rarely go off roading.

Having a fj40 would spur you to go more often I think, especially considering you wouldn't have much fun driving it on the road (depending on F, 2F, 3FE etc)

And agreed on the new 200 series, whats up with ~70K for IFS? The 80 was the last true breed...

photo.JPG

What I currently drive. Gotta love the Skibaru. Lots of ground clearance and internal space all with 30mpg.

Some of you have some good taste and some of you well. . . the Spyker come on you can't be serious. Those huge intakes the machined aluminum accents the diamond stitched leather interior. Too each there own, but that designers of that car were just trying too hard.

View attachment 15767

What I currently drive. Gotta love the Skibaru. Lots of ground clearance and internal space all with 30mpg.

Some of you have some good taste and some of you well. . . the Spyker come on you can't be serious. Those huge intakes the machined aluminum accents the diamond stitched leather interior. Too each there own, but that designers of that car were just trying too hard.

Yea, theyre Dutch... What do you expect?

I hope they're still around in 10 years when I finish college, med school, and residency (...or another twin turbo v6 awd luxury car.) :laugh:

They might not be if everyone drive them like that! lol