Cardio & Pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vsmedic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know any good books for USMLE Step 1 Pharm? Thats the subject that im struggling with.

Also, any suggestions on a Cardio book for Cardiology rotation. Nothing too big, something thats quite thorough and at the same time not too detailed, focusing more on the understanding bit.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

For Cardio, I'd start with Rapid Interpretation of EKT's by Dubin. It reads like a "Dick and Jane" book (no, I'm not kidding), but seems exceptionally good at helping you to actually learn and remember how to interpret leads and findings, as well as having at least a passing understanding of what much be going on in the heart physiologically for those things to be seen. That is probably good enough to get you by any pimping from preceptors. After that, and only after that, would I suggest going to a more indepth or hard-core cardio reference, and even then I'd probably just start by reviewing the cardio section in something like BRS.