Cardiology 2010-2011 application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone,

I am an IMG and am just about to start an IM residency at a university affiliated community program. I was just wondering if anyone of you guys going for this year's cardiology match is from a University affiliated community IM program. If so, then it would be very kind of you to let people in my situation know of what should be done to improve chances of getting into a good cardiology program.

I know it is a long and hard journey ....but I am willing to give it a good fight. So please any sort of advice would be appreciable.

Also it would be very encouraging to know if anyone from community hospitals is getting any cardiology interview calls.

Finally, all the best to you guys .....I hope all the hard work that you have put in over the years pays off.

sam100

Hi
I was also in a similar situation however matched into cardiology on H-1 this year.
Two things which will improve your chances is either contacts or research.
I started research since my first year and continued after finishing my residency now in the first year of my hospitalist job when i matched into fellowship. It is a long way but as long as u stick to research and keep on publishing u will get there so try to find out cardiologist who are well known and publish a lot in your area preferably from noted university and see if you can work with them

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you so much for posting this. It is really encouraging to see someone like me (similar program) to match into cardiology.

Hi
I was also in a similar situation however matched into cardiology on H-1 this year.
Two things which will improve your chances is either contacts or research.
I started research since my first year and continued after finishing my residency now in the first year of my hospitalist job when i matched into fellowship. It is a long way but as long as u stick to research and keep on publishing u will get there so try to find out cardiologist who are well known and publish a lot in your area preferably from noted university and see if you can work with them

Credentials
Working as a hospitalist, IMG, Graduated from a Reasonable program. US Citizen.

Publications:
Case Reports 13, First Author 5

Publications Under Review
One case control study-First Author

Work in Progress
Case reports 4, First Author of all of them
Case Control Study 2 First Author

ABSTRACTS/POSTER
Four, two of them were at ACC

Can some one who has already gone through 2012 match process comment on my candidacy.
Thanks