-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Cardiology
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cardiology 2010-2011 application thread
Started by atach
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Emory invite week backHave not heard from UNC, Vanderbilt, and emory.
Vanderbilt rejection couple of days back
UNC rejection today
Emory invite week back
Vanderbilt rejection couple of days back
UNC rejection today
Ditto with regards to UNC.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Invite to Univ. of Miss. in Jackson today
Rejection by University of Kentucky via snail mail. One can't help but to wonder about a program spending about $200 in snail mail rejections when an email would serve the same purpose. LOL
Duke is a good southern program.
Anyone hear from Westchester Medical Center or St Lukes Roosevelt (non in - house applicants)
Are programs still sending invitation/rejections?
I didnt hear from any in more than 2 weeks
I didnt hear from any in more than 2 weeks
Are programs still sending invitation/rejections?
I didnt hear from any in more than 2 weeks
Rejections keep rolling in, but not interviews 😡
Two rejections today :UWV and Hofstra, One yesterday: University of Nebraska
No interviews for the past 3 weeks 😀
I agree ,i got 2 rejections today. UNeb and UUtah 🙁
I agree ,i got 2 rejections today. UNeb and UUtah 🙁
looks like interview season over -no more invites
Please help me in making ROL. I have only 4 IV so I want to be careful in putting ROL.
1. Univ. of Arizona
2. University of Utah
3. University of New Mexico
4. East carolina university
Thanks
Hi DKUS,
I will rank them in the same order you placed them,unless you have strong ties to one of them .
also u should consider the feed back from the program.
Anyone interview at Cooper in Camden?
There is a rumor going around that they did not match two spots for 2011 match.
There is a rumor going around that they did not match two spots for 2011 match.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone interview at Cooper in Camden?
There is a rumor going around that they did not match two spots for 2011 match.
Thats true,and i think one of their fellows left in December and they had to recruit a new fellow in January.
Anyone interview at Cooper in Camden?
There is a rumor going around that they did not match two spots for 2011 match.
Yes this is true.
Last edited:
IV from SUNY upstate today through phone call.
@ snowshooter-ru in-house at Upstate/doing research there?IV from SUNY upstate today through phone call.
IV from SUNY upstate today through phone call.
Are you serious? Are programs still sending invitations? Did ppl here get SUNY upstate iv earlier or did they just start? What if you were on their waiting list and some cancelled...
I just find it too weird that iv are still coming!
M
-No, I am not in anyways affiliated with them.@ snowshooter-ru in-house at Upstate/doing research there?
"Are you serious? Are programs still sending invitations? Did ppl here get SUNY upstate iv earlier or did they just start? What if you were on their waiting list and some cancelled...
I just find it too weird that iv are still coming!
M"
My guess is that they are extending the first round of invites because they offered me tons of dates . I don't think anyone in this forum heard from them earlier.Anyways, I don't care I will take it as long as it comes.
Last edited:
Same here.. 😀....life goes on...
does anybody know if stanford or yale are still interviewing? have they sent out rejections? is yale offering interviews off the waitlist yet?
Last edited:
does anybody know if stanford or yale are still interviewing? have they sent out rejections? is yale offering interviews off the waitlist yet?
I am on Yale's waitlist and I still haven't heard back from them..
Anyone knows if BIDMC, Boston calling people on waitlist...I am on Yale's waitlist and I still haven't heard back from them..
Hi all,
Yesterday my EB1 green card application got rejected (although my NIW is already approved). I am on H1B visa and would need a visa at the start of fellowship.
The problem is that MGH sponsors J1 visa. My question is where should I rank MGH (J1) among my other programs Mayo (H1), Wash U (H1), Pitts (H1), Mount Sinai (H1), Northwestern (H1).
I am very interested in academic cardiology and want to apply for a career development award as soon as I can. On J1 I can get AHA, Heart Rhythm or VA SDA but will not be eligible for K/R for a long time.
I will highly appreciate you advice in thsi regard.
Thanks
Yesterday my EB1 green card application got rejected (although my NIW is already approved). I am on H1B visa and would need a visa at the start of fellowship.
The problem is that MGH sponsors J1 visa. My question is where should I rank MGH (J1) among my other programs Mayo (H1), Wash U (H1), Pitts (H1), Mount Sinai (H1), Northwestern (H1).
I am very interested in academic cardiology and want to apply for a career development award as soon as I can. On J1 I can get AHA, Heart Rhythm or VA SDA but will not be eligible for K/R for a long time.
I will highly appreciate you advice in thsi regard.
Thanks
I honestly,with the calibre of IVs that you have-would try my best to remain on H1 and convert quickly to a GC-for NIH funding as soon as possible-however with the dwindling NIH coffers-tapping other sources is now an essential reality-and in any case the position of NIH of restricting most grants to US citizens has long been a highly controversial and debated issue....I would rank the programs exactly as they appealed to me on the IV day.....also I would keep in touch with people at MGH(if u end up ranking them lower) for a possible research/collaborative effort/advanced fellowship-if you really want the Harvard tag badly....I know of a lot of people who dont have K/R grants but are at the top of their trade and I have the highest regard for them......Hi all,
Yesterday my EB1 green card application got rejected (although my NIW is already approved). I am on H1B visa and would need a visa at the start of fellowship.
The problem is that MGH sponsors J1 visa. My question is where should I rank MGH (J1) among my other programs Mayo (H1), Wash U (H1), Pitts (H1), Mount Sinai (H1), Northwestern (H1).
I am very interested in academic cardiology and want to apply for a career development award as soon as I can. On J1 I can get AHA, Heart Rhythm or VA SDA but will not be eligible for K/R for a long time.
I will highly appreciate you advice in thsi regard.
Thanks
Hi all,
Yesterday my EB1 green card application got rejected (although my NIW is already approved). I am on H1B visa and would need a visa at the start of fellowship.
The problem is that MGH sponsors J1 visa. My question is where should I rank MGH (J1) among my other programs Mayo (H1), Wash U (H1), Pitts (H1), Mount Sinai (H1), Northwestern (H1).
I am very interested in academic cardiology and want to apply for a career development award as soon as I can. On J1 I can get AHA, Heart Rhythm or VA SDA but will not be eligible for K/R for a long time.
I will highly appreciate you advice in thsi regard.
Thanks
If your NIW was already approved, shouldn't your green card be in your mail any time soon ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If your NIW was already approved, shouldn't your green card be in your mail any time soon ?
Thanks a lot katang for your advice.
antoniomontana: No, for indians and chinese there is a huge retrogression and it takes 4-5 years to get green card through NIW 🙁
Also, among my list does anybody know of any other program (NW, pitts, Wash U, Mount sinai) that does not sponsor H1B (Apart from Mayo that katang mentioned)?
Thanks in advance..
Thanks a lot katang for your advice.
antoniomontana: No, for indians and chinese there is a huge retrogression and it takes 4-5 years to get green card through NIW 🙁
Also, among my list does anybody know of any other program (NW, pitts, Wash U, Mount sinai) that does not sponsor H1B (Apart from Mayo that katang mentioned)?
Thanks in advance..
Hi Cards2012
I would recommend emailing those programs ( if you did not already)and updating them about your situation and see what is their response.
I know that most places prefer not to sponser H1 because of all the hussle and fees involved.
good luck
these are what I would do based on the programs I interviewed at:
Duke
BW
UCSF
OHSU
BI
UC Davis
I liked all of these programs except UC Davis which I really didn't like. I think that of the bigger name programs on your list, UCSF and BWH have a relatively smaller clinical volume and are more research focused. A surprise for me was how much I liked OHSU.
I did not interview in southern california or NYC/Yale so am not sure about these programs but would be interested in columbia and cedars if I had looked in those areas.
UCLA
Cedars
Yale
Mt. Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
Scripps
UCSD
Duke
BW
UCSF
OHSU
BI
UC Davis
I liked all of these programs except UC Davis which I really didn't like. I think that of the bigger name programs on your list, UCSF and BWH have a relatively smaller clinical volume and are more research focused. A surprise for me was how much I liked OHSU.
I did not interview in southern california or NYC/Yale so am not sure about these programs but would be interested in columbia and cedars if I had looked in those areas.
UCLA
Cedars
Yale
Mt. Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
Scripps
UCSD
I am interested in clinical cardiology, not academic. Anyone have any assessment of Mayo Clinic Jacksonville?
these are what I would do based on the programs I interviewed at:
Duke
BW
UCSF
OHSU
BI
UC Davis
I liked all of these programs except UC Davis which I really didn't like. I think that of the bigger name programs on your list, UCSF and BWH have a relatively smaller clinical volume and are more research focused. A surprise for me was how much I liked OHSU.
I did not interview in southern california or NYC/Yale so am not sure about these programs but would be interested in columbia and cedars if I had looked in those areas.
UCLA
Cedars
Yale
Mt. Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
Scripps
UCSD
Hi indiamacbean
can you comment more on OHSU,what did you like about their program
i know they went unmatched last year or so
Re OHSU:
I really liked the program director. He seemed very dynamic and interested in the fellows. They are very strong in imaging research which is something that I am interested in. The fellows seemed very happy with a mix of autonomy and education. I loved Portland but I guess that is a plus or a minus depending on who you are as a person but for me it would have been a good fit. overall just got a very good feeling for the place.
I really liked the program director. He seemed very dynamic and interested in the fellows. They are very strong in imaging research which is something that I am interested in. The fellows seemed very happy with a mix of autonomy and education. I loved Portland but I guess that is a plus or a minus depending on who you are as a person but for me it would have been a good fit. overall just got a very good feeling for the place.
Re OHSU:
I really liked the program director. He seemed very dynamic and interested in the fellows. They are very strong in imaging research which is something that I am interested in. The fellows seemed very happy with a mix of autonomy and education. I loved Portland but I guess that is a plus or a minus depending on who you are as a person but for me it would have been a good fit. overall just got a very good feeling for the place.
Thanks indiamacbean
Are you applying this year?or you are already a fellow there?
I matched last year at a program on the east coast.
How do you guys rank these programs?
1- UCSF
2- Stanford
3- Cedars
4- UCLA
5- Univ Washington
6- Cleveland Clinic
6- Emory
7- BIDMC
8- Tufts
9- BU
10- Georgetown/WHC
what are you interested in?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
general cardiology, although interventional might also be a possibilitywhat are you interested in?
Hello everyone,
I am an IMG and am just about to start an IM residency at a university affiliated community program. I was just wondering if anyone of you guys going for this year's cardiology match is from a University affiliated community IM program. If so, then it would be very kind of you to let people in my situation know of what should be done to improve chances of getting into a good cardiology program.
I know it is a long and hard journey ....but I am willing to give it a good fight. So please any sort of advice would be appreciable.
Also it would be very encouraging to know if anyone from community hospitals is getting any cardiology interview calls.
Finally, all the best to you guys .....I hope all the hard work that you have put in over the years pays off.
sam100
I am an IMG and am just about to start an IM residency at a university affiliated community program. I was just wondering if anyone of you guys going for this year's cardiology match is from a University affiliated community IM program. If so, then it would be very kind of you to let people in my situation know of what should be done to improve chances of getting into a good cardiology program.
I know it is a long and hard journey ....but I am willing to give it a good fight. So please any sort of advice would be appreciable.
Also it would be very encouraging to know if anyone from community hospitals is getting any cardiology interview calls.
Finally, all the best to you guys .....I hope all the hard work that you have put in over the years pays off.
sam100
this is torture...
Agree, totally!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 10K