cardiology advanced imaging

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Manunitedforlife91

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Manunitedforlife91

Full Member​

2+ Year Member
JoinedNov 20, 2017Messages23Reaction score1
Hello everyone

I am currently a second-year cardiology fellow at a university program. I am on a J1 visa and by the time I graduate, I am hoping to be Echo, Nuclear and CT certified. I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on advanced cardiac imaging as an additional year of fellowship. I intend to work in a non-academic setting but I am open to the idea of working in academics if that means decent work and life balance with not so crappy salary. With me being on a J1 visa and having to go through a J1 waiver, there's a good chance that I may end up at a place where I may not be exposed to as much advanced imaging as I would like. What do you guys reckon is the best strategy going forward, should I do advanced imaging and hope that I land a decent gig during waivership where I may or may not be in academics but at least be able to apply that additional year worth of hard work or do I just go with three board certification and look for waiver jobs.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I am not sure what you ended up doing? But do you have any idea of how the St Francis imaging program is in Long Island