Cardiology Residency Programs (East Coast)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stevephhs016

Zug Zug
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

Does anyone have any information on any decent cardiology residency programs in the east coast? Or how to obtain a listing perhaps? Thanks.

Technically though, I shouldn't be looking at specific programs right? PGY1 is general anyways. Aughh, confusing.
 
Well, there may be some programs which are not ASHP-accredited that will take students into the specialty residency right after pharmacy school. I know I have spoken with some programs that decided not to pursue/chose to cancel their ASHP-accreditation in order to be able to do so, because they believed that applicants' dedication to the specific field was a major criterium. However, if you want to get into an ASHP-accredited program, then yes, you need to go through the general one first, and then apply for a cardiology residency.