Cardiothoracic anesthesia (ACTA) fellowship 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobaholic05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
here to discuss everything about this year's fellowship applications and interview cycles :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
You think programs will send out invites before the holidays? Or should we expect after new years because I'm anxiously checking my email like I'm an MS4 again

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here! I am not sure but I was looking at previous threads and it sounds like after the holidays. Feel free for anyone to comment about this

I only applied to a handful of programs (I was pretty selective given how strong the general market is right now), but have heard back from one program offering an interview invite. That being said, my home program doesn’t even start reviewing applications until January, so would expect to start hearing from more places then.

What program has invited for interviews this early?

Reactions: 1 users
For places requiring ite score reports (I.e. the pdf) if we took it intern year is everyone sending two pdfs - so one from intern year and CA1? Bc my intern year one was not good lol

For places requiring ite score reports (I.e. the pdf) if we took it intern year is everyone sending two pdfs - so one from intern year and CA1? Bc my intern year one was not good lol

I’ve been sending both

Our program didn’t even have my score report on file for intern year. Said they’d get it to me in a “couple weeks”…lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Only ca1 cuz many programs don’t take the intern year one

duke invite just came in

how flexible are your guys programs for interview accommodations? Mine sucks. Can’t find call coverage for earlier dates and our call schedule is set til March already

When did you send your app in? Our coverage is spotty too. Lots of call switching
duke invite just came in

how flexible are your guys programs for interview accommodations? Mine sucks. Can’t find call coverage for earlier dates and our call schedule is set til March already

Reactions: 1 users
duke invite just came in

Dang super jelly of everyone with a duke interview, it's my dream program

Reactions: 2 users
Bump, anyone have interviews?

interview invites from NYU, University of Maryland, Montefiore and Mount Sinai (NYC). Already did the Montefiore interview. Submitted Nov 22

Invites from Maryland, Cincinnati, Rutgers

Interviews so far: Montefiore (already done interview), Mt Sinai, NYU, Albany, Rochester, Duke, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, Cleveland Clinic

From a midsize program in the South but have ties to the northeast

residency application vibes when you hear programs send out interviews and you don't get one lol. Are these places gonna send out multiple "waves"?

Off topic. Anyone hear of any open positions starting in 2024? Did all the open positions from last year fill? Thanks

Off topic. Anyone hear of any open positions starting in 2024? Did all the open positions from last year fill? Thanks

Go to sfmatch.org and search the vacancies. Right now, it appears that at least 5 programs have open positions to start Summer 2024

monte sent out an invite and only offered 1 day on their thalamus calendar. good stuff :(

• Dislike
monte sent out an invite and only offered 1 day on their thalamus calendar. good stuff :(
That's how it was at Nebraska a few years ago. They only offered one date and it was a date I was already interviewing at my home program. Told them I had to pass but would love the opportunity if they added any more dates.

Any idea of what the interviews will be like? Pretty laid back/focus on our apps and general career direction?

Did anyone receive a confirmation email from UCSD after emailing the CV and personal statement requested on SF Match?

is it considered early or late in the cycle? for how much longer will they be sending interview invites out? Should I be worried if I do not have as many invites as I would like to by now?

is it considered early or late in the cycle? for how much longer will they be sending interview invites out? Should I be worried if I do not have as many invites as I would like to by now?
Don't think so I'd say late would be like end of the month Maybe?