Cardiothoracic anesthesia (ACTA) fellowship 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here! I am not sure but I was looking at previous threads and it sounds like after the holidays. Feel free for anyone to comment about this
 
I only applied to a handful of programs (I was pretty selective given how strong the general market is right now), but have heard back from one program offering an interview invite. That being said, my home program doesn’t even start reviewing applications until January, so would expect to start hearing from more places then.
 
For places requiring ite score reports (I.e. the pdf) if we took it intern year is everyone sending two pdfs - so one from intern year and CA1? Bc my intern year one was not good lol
Our program didn’t even have my score report on file for intern year. Said they’d get it to me in a “couple weeks”…lol
 
duke invite just came in


how flexible are your guys programs for interview accommodations? Mine sucks. Can’t find call coverage for earlier dates and our call schedule is set til March already
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviews so far: Montefiore (already done interview), Mt Sinai, NYU, Albany, Rochester, Duke, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, Cleveland Clinic

From a midsize program in the South but have ties to the northeast
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
monte sent out an invite and only offered 1 day on their thalamus calendar. good stuff 🙁
That's how it was at Nebraska a few years ago. They only offered one date and it was a date I was already interviewing at my home program. Told them I had to pass but would love the opportunity if they added any more dates.
 
is it considered early or late in the cycle? for how much longer will they be sending interview invites out? Should I be worried if I do not have as many invites as I would like to by now?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How are you guys managing interviews with work? Is your program letting you take those days off? What if you have like 15 interviews, how would you approach your PD about that?
 
How are you guys managing interviews with work? Is your program letting you take those days off? What if you have like 15 interviews, how would you approach your PD about that?
When I was applying for fellowship, my program allowed me to use vacation days. Things got much easier when it turned to virtual interviews due to covid in the middle of the cycle, and I just scheduled them on post-call days. Given that it is all virtual now, hard to imagine not being able to fit 15 interviews in a span of 3 months between post-call days and a few vacation days sprinkled in.