Technology Care options for Coronavirus over video chat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghu7994

Reaction score
I'm working on a team of volunteers that is setting up a COVID-19 telemedicine clinic staffed by volunteer medical students, doctors, nurses, and retirees. The goal is to give healthcare providers on standby & in isolation a way to still provide services to the public. We want to reduce the number of uninsured patients thinking they need to leave home to see a doctor, since telemedicine services are generally only available to those with insurance or for a fee.

We want to better understand the kind of care that can be provided over telemedicine in the context of COVID-19 so that we can focus on the most productive features and guidance for volunteers. I'm posting this thread to get feedback on that. Does anyone have advice or suggestions for areas to us focus on? I expect that we will get a lot of calls asking about symptoms, but some other interesting suggestions that came up are mental health services and palliative care.

Members don't see this ad.