career change before even having a career

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbizzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Read through the entire forum, only 3 pages compared to others, before I wanted to ask this question.

Graduated with a B.S. in Exercise Science, wanting to become a PT.
Overall GPA:2.89~2.9
Last 60 hrs GPA:2.77
GRE:1150 (V:500 Q:650 A:4)
Pre-req for PT: 3.0
Rejected to all schools I appled to, even when applying early (doesn't help w/ my GPA)

1) Can someone share their thoughts on my chances

2) I read that the only winter/spring starts are University of St. Augustine and Cal State Dominguez Hills, am I correct?

3) Some schools are ghetto so their websites aren't very helpful. What are the tuition ranges.

4) The big one: Honest Opinion on OT.

This is my 1st day of thinking about OT, I will probably volunteer somewhere soon to find out, I may have to take 2 or 3 pre-reqs. But initially, I would like to know what it's like.

One other thing. I hate Psychology, I suck at it, I didn't get good grades in my psych classes hence the low GPA, would this be a problem. And this has been my only one and last of the 1 thru 4 type questions, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why all the sucking in psych?
Was it the tests? The papers? Did you read?
There are a few classes to take and they can be easy A's.

OT looks at the roles a person brings to the table, so to speak. including their perspective on recovering for one. We aren't analyzing them for anything other than to elicit improved independence, but we do look at what helping/huring their situation, mentally. Including Addiction and mental illness.

If you will be volunteering soon then you are a very motivated person and you will see soon enough. We look at everything as it relates to funciton.
PT... they walk. :sleep: We dont put someone on a machine at an outpatient clinic and walk away.

I would say if you want to work in a hospital w/ adults... either one since you have no experience yet.
Pediatrics.. OT is more dynamic and has a better foothold in the industry.

But if you are volunteering ... you shall see.

Last edited: