Career Changer = Non-Trad ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

azor ahai

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently some post-bacc programs are eligible only to those who are career-changers. I graduated undergrad in 2010, so it's been 5 years since I've been in school. Would I be eligible to these post-bacc programs? One of the stickies put them in the same category, but the stickies are also old so I am not sure how this would work. Can they even add courses to my undergraduate GPA if I already have a BA? I've taken all of the pre-med courses for my biochem BA. Does this bar me from applying to post-bacc programs that aren't specifically for "academic record enhancement"?

Apologies if this should be obvious from the stickies but I'm a bit confused. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

you have the prereqs done and you don't need academic enhancement? so what is it that you need more school for?

have you looked at what's available at universities close to home?

cumulative undergrad GPA includes undergrad classes taken after a bachelors.

"career changers" generally don't want students who have already done the prereqs. programs with linkage generally don't want students with low GPA. SMPs generally want students who have a good MCAT score.

Last edited:
you have the prereqs done and you don't need academic enhancement? so what is it that you need more school for?

have you looked at what's available at universities close to home?

cumulative undergrad GPA includes undergrad classes taken after a bachelors.

"career changers" generally don't want students who have already done the prereqs. programs with linkage generally don't want students with low GPA. SMPs generally want students who have a good MCAT score.

Undergrad classes taken after a bachelor's. Would it be beneficial for me to take courses, upper level sciences but still undergrad to help my GPA. i need it for academic enhancement. would it matter which school i got it from? would a nyu course be considered the same to adcoms as a course at a city college?