Caribbean Medical Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here's the thing I don't get....
Everyone likes to go on and on about
US MD > US DO > IMG

Yet the people saying that are usually pre-meds and whenever you talk to an IMG they're doing what they wanted to do. Those that really wanted it worked for it. So statistically speaking the numbers and match lists look better but yet how come I have yet to speak to an unhappy IMG?

Because many of them dropped out or are working in the rural parts as a family practitioner. Duh.

Like Law2Doc said, Caribbs isn't an equal alternative, but it is a legitimate alternative given that you're willing to work hard. I think of it as a second chance. Many people just weren't mature enough/intellectually ready at the start of college to do well, or some who are just bad at standardized tests. Caribbs offers these people a chance to be doctors. Whether or not they seize this chance, ace the Step1 and succeed is up to them, but at least these schools offer the opportunity.

But I would never tell a freshman in college "oh don't worry about the GPA and just goto a Caribb! It's just as good!"

Members don't see this ad.

Here's the thing I don't get....
Everyone likes to go on and on about
US MD > US DO > IMG

Yet the people saying that are usually pre-meds and whenever you talk to an IMG they're doing what they wanted to do. Those that really wanted it worked for it. So statistically speaking the numbers and match lists look better but yet how come I have yet to speak to an unhappy IMG?

Ever hear anybody say "Dang, my wife is ugly; I wish I was better looking so I could get a hotter one."? No, you haven't; even if you know they have an ugly wife. It is the same sort of thing . . . The same thing happens with the match; somehow everyone you talk to got their first choice.