Caribbean schools accepted in Puerto Rico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Socotroco

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am from Puerto Rico and I want to study outside of Puerto Rico and i was considering the Caribbean schools because my MCAT score is low. I just want to know if I study in a caribbean school, I can exert in Puerto Rico? PLEASE HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am from Puerto Rico and I want to study outside of Puerto Rico and i was considering the Caribbean schools because my MCAT score is low. I just want to know if I study in a caribbean school, I can exert in Puerto Rico? PLEASE HELP!
Check out the Caribbean forums or head on over to valuemd.com.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean by exert in PR? How low was your MCAT? Schools in PR are all part of the US system. Look at the MSAR book and you will see that for some of them the lowest range for an MCAT score is really low. If I was you I would rather stay in PR because I consider it easier to get into a residency in PR or the US than coming from the Caribbean. How low is your MCAT score?

If your MCAT is too low for Puerto Rican schools, I'd suggest retaking. Puerto Rican schools already have average MCAT scores in the low 20's. I'm sure you can get at least 7 per section.

If your MCAT is too low for Puerto Rican schools, I'd suggest retaking. Puerto Rican schools already have average MCAT scores in the low 20's. I'm sure you can get at least 7 per section.

Your optimism is comforting, however some people never fail to surprise you..:sleep:

Your optimism is comforting, however some people never fail to surprise you..:sleep:

True, I've seen people who can't break a 20, but I see no point in them trying to get in because they'll have to take standardized tests like the MCAT for a very long time. If they're scoring that low, I doubt they'd even pass the USMLE.

True, I've seen people who can't break a 20, but I see no point in them trying to get in because they'll have to take standardized tests like the MCAT for a very long time. If they're scoring that low, I doubt they'd even pass the USMLE.

Well put.

on nother note. It seems like you are a fan of the movie "watchmen"? I can tell it was an awesome movie... but I think seeing it with my mom ruined it forever for me.:laugh:

Well put.

on nother note. It seems like you are a fan of the movie "watchmen"? I can tell it was an awesome movie... but I think seeing it with my mom ruined it forever for me.:laugh:

Yeah, I recently became obsessed with another movie called "Oldboy", which is a pretty amazing movie. I'm sure seeing Watchmen with your mom wasn't as bad as me seeing "Borat" with mine. Anyways...getting off topic now.

Yeah, I recently became obsessed with another movie called "Oldboy", which is a pretty amazing movie. I'm sure seeing Watchmen with your mom wasn't as bad as me seeing "Borat" with mine. Anyways...getting off topic now.

Before this thread dies i just have to say oldboy was a horrible movie.

Before this thread dies i just have to say oldboy was a horrible movie.

why? there were some things that were a bit too extreme and nonsensical, like the extent of Woojin's revenge for something so trivial, but as a whole I think it was good. The point of the movie wasn't about incest but that ultimately seeking revenge just leads to pain and misery in the end. I guess it's an acquired taste, but I think Tarantino fans would like it.