Carribbean vs waiting to hear from DO's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should send this thread to my psychiatrist colleague Dr JY. I'll bet we could get a case report out of it. Subject guck might be the only person to be autorejected for med school even as a cadaver.

I think OP got his answer and it's time for mods to euthanize the thread. Whaddya think?

When someone posts such repeated rants against others it sounds like perhaps a case of someone who has a very weak sense of self, which was likely further reduced by not being admitted into a US med school. To compensate a self-delusion can be built around how Caribbean is much better than DO, so as to protect the self from further hurt and rationalize having to attend Caribbean. When someone disagrees with that then there is regression and name calling because that shatters the delusional belief system. Name calling and insults often are a trait of elementary or early middle school children. Perhaps some significantly negative experience could occur at the time setting the anchor for the regression. Not diagnosing any poster, just discussing hypotheticals.

What I got out of this thread (for the OP's benefit) is that I would not want to admit or be in class and trying to learn medicine with someone who has tantrums and name calls. So there's at least one med school I'd scratch off my list. Now if someone from a Caribbean school came on with rational arguments and demonstrated a deeper understanding even if they felt attacked then maybe I would begin to think differently.

I agree, time to terminate this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
When someone posts such repeated rants against others it sounds like perhaps a case of someone who has a very weak sense of self, which was likely further reduced by not being admitted into a US med school. To compensate a self-delusion can be built around how Caribbean is much better than DO, so as to protect the self from further hurt and rationalize having to attend Caribbean. When someone disagrees with that then there is regression and name calling because that shatters the delusional belief system. Name calling and insults often are a trait of elementary or early middle school children. Perhaps some significantly negative experience could occur at the time setting the anchor for the regression. Not diagnosing any poster, just discussing hypotheticals.

What I got out of this thread (for the OP's benefit) is that I would not want to admit or be in class and trying to learn medicine with someone who has tantrums and name calls. So there's at least one med school I'd scratch off my list. Now if someone from a Caribbean school came on with rational arguments and demonstrated a deeper understanding even if they felt attacked then maybe I would begin to think differently.

I agree, time to terminate this thread.

No contrary to what Dr. Mike thinks,

Notice its the typical cohort of individuals saying the same thing. The troll is insane for thinking the accounts are Goro, and the troll represents all Caribbean students (hogwash), do they really even know the troll's actual status. Is it one troll, two trolls, or three trolls? Or is it 4. They dont have the real answer to this. Are they a medical student, pre-med, highschool student?

What valuable lesson you CAN get out of this is Goro, our supreme leader on SDN, who is always correct about everything (always=5% of the time)
4c4dd915abf56ec701d465c4690fc0e4.jpg

cannot control himself. During the valuable hours of the day (9AM- 2 AM EST), rather than responding to work related emails, managing applications (it is peak cycle), preparing lectures (he claims to be a PhD professor at a DO school), he is on SDN, trying to come up with witty arguments to a troll thread -___-. Post something at any hour of the day and he is there to the rescue to respond to your comments with the fullest attention, sarcasm, and poor quality response he can give you. The man harasses others on this forum, speaks condescendingly to pre-med students, narrow-minded opinions, a bigot if I may add, and then, AS A MEDICAL SCHOOL FACULTY MEMBER (supposedly), proceeds to use insults correlating to severe ailments and treatments of unfortunate patients to insult someone. A mature adult would press the ignore button and proceed to ignore a user, however Goro takes pleasure in joining jargon drama of SDN on ineffective threads.

Ask yourself OP what does a medical school gain from having someone respond to these kinds of threads? Nothing. It is either a troll behind the Goro account as well who works for SDN, or someone not doing their job and getting away with it. The primary is probably more true since SDN does not generate a whole lot of revenue and your support emails are answered by Dr. Lee Burnett himself, indicating that this forum is severely understaffed and probably has one maintenance employee, the mysterious Goro, entertaining himself through out the day.

Can you imagine your doctor, using your illnesses as an insult to someone else? Is that an adult level-maturity? Is that a quality physician? I actually cannot imagine someone making fun of cadavers and inappropriately joking they are students who cant get into medical school.
Unfortunately this behavior is representative of a DO staff member, who according to him, is unanimous amongst the osteopathic community.
Take the higher road OP, try to get into some US medical schools, spend the time in post baccs and improving your GPA. If not look abroad, there are fantastic schools in Europe and the Caribbean islands. Stray away from the ones with less data. These schools will give you an internationally recognized degree so that when the trolls take over the states you have the option to move out. You will also be respected when you attend international conferences where IMG is no longer a term.
Dont succumb to people like Goro.

Gracefully the internet is not a web secure place, let alone SDN, and it should be easy for any student journalist to trace Goro's IP to his legal name and address. Just imagine the article titles, "Medical school Adcom _insert name here___ revealed harassing students online" or "SDN representative participates identity theft of alleged adcom member for 5 years). Music to the ears isn't it. I personally believe the troll wasn't just raging rather trying to expose Goro's insecurities by baiting him into a teenage cat fight. And Goro foolishly took the bait

Good luck to you OP

Members don't see this ad :)
One question that remains however,

Is it a better idea to go to the Caribbean or to Optometry school?

Both have high prospects of not finding full time work, but at least ODs (Optometry Doctors) can cobble together part time work if they get their license , and there is no residency requirement. Plus, its only 4 years for OD school.

On the Pro Caribbean side, there are lots of beaches. And it is sunny. And you can get lots of Vitamin D.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user

Notice its the typical cohort of individuals saying the same thing. The troll is insane for thinking the accounts are Goro, and the troll represents all Caribbean students (hogwash), do they really even know the troll's actual status. Is it one troll, two trolls, or three trolls? Or is it 4. They dont have the real answer to this. Are they a medical student, pre-med, highschool student?

What valuable lesson you CAN get out of this is Goro, our supreme leader on SDN, who is always correct about everything (always=5% of the time)

cannot control himself. During the valuable hours of the day (9AM- 2 AM EST), rather than responding to work related emails, managing applications (it is peak cycle), preparing lectures (he claims to be a PhD professor at a DO school), he is on SDN, trying to come up with witty arguments to a troll thread -___-. Post something at any hour of the day and he is there to the rescue to respond to your comments with the fullest attention, sarcasm, and poor quality response he can give you. The man harasses others on this forum, speaks condescendingly to pre-med students, narrow-minded opinions, a bigot if I may add, and then, AS A MEDICAL SCHOOL FACULTY MEMBER (supposedly), proceeds to use insults correlating to severe ailments and treatments of unfortunate patients to insult someone. A mature adult would press the ignore button and proceed to ignore a user, however Goro takes pleasure in joining jargon drama of SDN on ineffective threads.

Ask yourself OP what does a medical school gain from having someone respond to these kinds of threads? Nothing. It is either a troll behind the Goro account as well who works for SDN, or someone not doing their job and getting away with it. The primary is probably more true since SDN does not generate a whole lot of revenue and your support emails are answered by Dr. Lee Burnett himself, indicating that this forum is severely understaffed and probably has one maintenance employee, the mysterious Goro, entertaining himself through out the day.

Can you imagine your doctor, using your illnesses as an insult to someone else? Is that an adult level-maturity? Is that a quality physician? I actually cannot imagine someone making fun of cadavers and inappropriately joking they are students who cant get into medical school.
Unfortunately this behavior is representative of a DO staff member, who according to him, is unanimous amongst the osteopathic community.
Take the higher road OP, try to get into some US medical schools, spend the time in post baccs and improving your GPA. If not look abroad, there are fantastic schools in Europe and the Caribbean islands. Stray away from the ones with less data. These schools will give you an internationally recognized degree so that when the trolls take over the states you have the option to move out. You will also be respected when you attend international conferences where IMG is no longer a term.

Gracefully the internet is not a web secure place, let alone SDN, and it should be easy for any student journalist to trace Goro's IP to his legal name and address. Just imagine the article titles, "Medical school Adcom _insert name here___ revealed harassing students online" or "SDN representative participates identity theft of alleged adcom member for 5 years). Music to the ears isn't it. I personally believe the troll wasn't just raging rather trying to expose Goro's insecurities by baiting him into a teenage cat fight. And Goro foolishly took the bait

Good luck to you OP
ANOTHER troll account? this is just sad.
5552.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
5x respawns in one thread has to be an SDN record. The latest version is a bit more reserved than the earlier ones, so I surmise that his medication is working as of now.

Given his pathologies, I foresee no alternative career in Medicine, like PA, DPM, DC, period. Maybe a naturopath.

But I do like the splat sound of the banhammer!

I also don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

ANOTHER troll account? this is just sad. View attachment 207482

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
5x respawns in one thread has to be an SDN record. The latest version is a bit more reserved than the earlier ones, so I surmise that his medication is working as of now.

Given his pathologies, I foresee no alternative career in Medicine, like PA, DPM, DC, period. Maybe a naturopath.

But I do like the splat sound of the banhammer!

I also don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Im not going to argue with you,
55299541.jpg

Rest assured I am not the same person as the other 4. Not interested in medicine, just exposing your real name and address my friend. Which is very easy now that we know your IP

Im not going to argue with you,
Rest assured I am not the same person as the other 4. Not interested in medicine, just exposing your real name and address my friend. Which is very easy now that we know your IP

Just how many personalities do you have? You sound like a person from a third world country that recently learned English...I will stop feeding the troll now

Good luck to you OP
IF you have a message that you feel is important, it is best not delivered through name calling, insulting user names, and long insulting rants. I'm fine if someone wants to stick up for SGU or where ever BUT the acting like a child doing it and insulting other professions makes you appear the fool not the person you are insulting. My DO school discusses the importance of how you come across on social media as a representative of your program. You are doing a VERY poor job of coming across professionally and making your program appear incompetent.

Anyway, I am done with this thread.

Good Day Sir,

I said, Good Day!

Reactions: 1 users
IF you have a message that you feel is important, it is best not delivered through name calling, insulting user names, and long insulting rants. I'm fine if someone wants to stick up for SGU or where ever BUT the acting like a child doing it and insulting other professions makes you appear the fool not the person you are insulting. My DO school discusses the importance of how you come across on social media as a representative of your program. You are doing a VERY poor job of coming across professionally and making your program appear incompetent.

Anyway, I am done with this thread.

Good Day Sir,

I said, Good Day!

First of all, I am not the same person as I said above,
Second I am not trying to defend SGU Ross or any school, I am simply pointing out how the troll destroyed Goro and trolled him by getting Goro to rant.
Third, joins 2014, listed as medical student, and now faculty and psychologist, please Goro, enough of the fake accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.