CARS strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor or bust

asdf
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you all approach CARS? My last FL I took last week I got a 127 in CARS by just going through them all without worrying about which were harder or easier passages and just doing them in order. This time I took some time to rank the passages so that I could spend more time on the ones that I felt better about getting points on. Today I took a Kaplan FL and got a 123 on CARS and I'm not sure if I'm just not used to this method yet or if it was a fluke or what. I ended up running out of time and I ended up doing the last section with like 30 seconds per question to rush through and got them all right. I took this FL to get an idea on what to do but these are pretty odd results. The questions I got wrong were pretty evenly distributed across different question types.

Does anyone on here worry about ranking passages? After today's test I'm just pretty perplexed with how to interpret what I got.

Members don't see this ad.

I think doing them straight through in a timed manner is best. That way you don't waste time doing other things. Sometimes hard passages can have easy questions and vice-versa- in which case ranking may not be very useful.