Case AdCom Meeting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunniejl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone who has already heard from Case know how long it takes them to mail letters out after their adcom meeting? I know my file was reviewed by the adcom on Jan 18th, and I've been checking my mailbox four times a day for the past three days! I wonder if they give decisions over the phone? I'm itching to call...

Members don't see this ad.

My acceptance letter was dated Dec 23rd, and I received it on Dec 30th. Also I live in the Chicago area, hope this helps and good luck!

hunniejl said:
Does anyone who has already heard from Case know how long it takes them to mail letters out after their adcom meeting? I know my file was reviewed by the adcom on Jan 18th, and I've been checking my mailbox four times a day for the past three days! I wonder if they give decisions over the phone? I'm itching to call...

My app was reviewed at that meeting too. I'm guessing we should receive it next monday or tuesday. Hopefully, it's good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
do they review all teh apps interviewed during that period??? :confused: im sooooooo scared.

how often do they meet? it it once a month?

they meet at least once a week. usually with a three week turnaround.

Office said mine was reviewed on 18th and I should receive letter in mail early next week.

So I got my letter in the mail today, and was placed on hold... :-/ I guess it could be much worse, but Case is one of my top choices and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.

Anyone else in a similar situation? Ah, the wait begins again...!

lizbjrddnr said:
Office said mine was reviewed on 18th and I should receive letter in mail early next week.

hunniejl said:
So I got my letter in the mail today, and was placed on hold... :-/ I guess it could be much worse, but Case is one of my top choices and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.

Anyone else in a similar situation? Ah, the wait begins again...!

:( Yep, on hold here too...

lizbjrddnr said:
:( Yep, on hold here too...

When did you guys interview? I interviewed at Case on the 1/10 and am still waiting to hear. Guess that isn't good, huh?

Do you know if they mail out rejections after acceptences? I've heard of some schools doing that. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting rejected, but I really just want the letter for some reason!

Is case still giving interviews?

sarahbeth607 said:
When did you guys interview? I interviewed at Case on the 1/10 and am still waiting to hear. Guess that isn't good, huh?

Do you know if they mail out rejections after acceptences? I've heard of some schools doing that. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting rejected, but I really just want the letter for some reason!

I interviewed on 12/20, and I got my acceptance in the mail today. It took a while. So don't worry. Good luck.

Congrats on your acceptance! I have to admit I'm just a little jealous ;-)

I'm not sure when Case interviews, but I don't think they send out rejections after they mail acceptances, though I'm sure you've heard by now. (I had interviewed Jan 7th btw). Everyone gets a letter three weeks after they interviewed.

I'm planning on sending a letter of intent/interest to Case -- anyone know how many people they end up accepting off the hold list????? I would love a Case acceptance more than anything!

ramblinwreckie said:
I interviewed on 12/20, and I got my acceptance in the mail today. It took a while. So don't worry. Good luck.

i would like to know how many ppl they pull of the hold list too.........do you think sending a letter would help??? do they wait until like may to pull ppl off or do they just do it anytime? AHHHHHHHHHHHH, i know how you feel h! hang in there buddy :luck: :luck:

I'm not sure if sending a letter will help, but they told me they'll put anything I mail in my file, so it would definately show interest (since you should only send one letter of interest to your top school, since I hear schools talk to one another?).

I think they pull people off their hold list periodically until the end of March, probably as spaces open up in the class and as they finish interviewing more applicants. At that point, you're either accepted, rejected, or put on the wait list (which is different from the hold list). Dartmouth has a similar process, except they don't tell you you're application is being re-reviewed until the final decision is made around March.

hehe, thanks! Good luck to you!!

wends said:
i would like to know how many ppl they pull of the hold list too.........do you think sending a letter would help??? do they wait until like may to pull ppl off or do they just do it anytime? AHHHHHHHHHHHH, i know how you feel h! hang in there buddy :luck: :luck:

surprise interview offer from case in the mail today.

I'll take 'em up on that.