Case interview invite, then rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axeon123

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got this email from Case about signing up for an interview last week. I haven't had a chance to call them, and then they just sent me something that says they can't interview me? =/ I am hoping this is an oopsy somewhere?

Members don't see this ad.

I got this email from Case about signing up for an interview last week. I haven't had a chance to call them, and then they just sent me something that says they can't interview me? =/ I am hoping this is an oopsy somewhere?

What did the "can't interview you" email say?

If it actually referred to the recent interview invite then thats not a good sign.

But if it was a general rejection then it might just be a mistake.

I know once 3-4 years ago Duke apparently sent out interview invites to all the people that were supposed to receive rejections and rejections to all the people who should have received interviews. Now that was a big mess for them to fix,

But give them a call in the morning and hope for the best!

Good luck!

The email I got said your status changed. And I checked the website and it said in the letter that they reviewed my application and cannot offer me an interview this year. Is Case the same as "Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine" because this is the first email I got that said I am invited.

Members don't see this ad :)
The email I got said your status changed. And I checked the website and it said in the letter that they reviewed my application and cannot offer me an interview this year. Is Case the same as "Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine" because this is the first email I got that said I am invited.

Weird. Definitely call them - theres a goof somewhere in there and hopefully its the second one.

no, I believe that they are separate. You can be invited to one and not the other.

no, I believe that they are separate. You can be invited to one and not the other.

Yes, I think you are correct. There seems to be two schools...hmm, okay at least that clears up a little bit of confusion. I guess I can ask them tomorrow, too, better to do it sooner and schedule this interview down than keep waiting!

Case Western University Program is different from the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, two completely separate admissions entities. Don't worry, they didn't rescind your invite to Case! But definitely schedule it fast, spots are running into late Feb already.

Yes, I think you are correct. There seems to be two schools...hmm, okay at least that clears up a little bit of confusion. I guess I can ask them tomorrow, too, better to do it sooner and schedule this interview down than keep waiting!

Yes, CCLCM (College Program) and Case (University Program), while both technically part of case (for now at least), are for all intensive purposes seperate schools. They have seperate committees and you can get interviewed at one and not the other. Many people in previous threads have commented that they interviewed at Lerner but got rejected pre-inv at case, and vice versa.

Like Rooter said, you got invited to interview at CCLCM and rejected post-secondary from the UP. Both programs are part of Case Western, but they have more or less separate admissions decisions and they don't always invite or accept the same students. Congrats on your invite and good luck. :)