Case Western College Track: 3.9 GPA, 34M MCAT

Started by dicedude
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dicedude

MD Applicant
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I have a 3.9 GPA, 34M MCAT, and a lot of research experience (no papers though), a summer's worth of clinical experience, and a bit of volunteering. What are my chances, for the Case Western 5-year program/College Track with Cleveland Clinic? It's my first choice and I'm in love with the program. I sent in my secondary a week ago.

Thanks!
 
Hello,

I have a 3.9 GPA, 34M MCAT, and a lot of research experience (no papers though), a summer's worth of clinical experience, and a bit of volunteering. What are my chances, for the Case Western 5-year program/College Track with Cleveland Clinic? It's my first choice and I'm in love with the program. I sent in my secondary a week ago.

Thanks!

Just to let you know that CCLCM recommends that you apply early. According to their website:

http://portals.clevelandclinic.org/cclcm/Admissions/AdmissionsProcess/tabid/4294/Default.aspx

they recommend that you apply in June or July. Even so, best of luck to you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your question may be too specific to get much of a response here. Why not try asking for an opinion in the School Specific Forum/Case thread and see if someone can help you there?

I agree. You will probably not attract anyone with first-hand knowledge of the program here.

Ok...I'll bite...
On paper, there is nothing you have said that would preclude you from being admitted. CCLCM is particularly interested in personality and "fit" - at least in my opinion. Good luck.

-vc7777
 
Right, that was a little too tongue-in-cheek, Cat, sorry. 😉

To expound a little:

You are correct Kickedout, since this program is semi-rolling, it is strategically better to apply early, and in theory to interview earlier so that your application has more opportunities to come up to the full committee for review. If I recall correctly, this occurs at least three times during the cycle. I hesitated to mention this, as the applicants as a whole are a skitterish group already, and do not need more fodder. 🙂

Note that CCLCM students are truly at a medical-school-within-a-medical-school. Accordingly, we do not publish our stats separately, and I would refer anyone interested to the MSAR for Case.

Finally, as a PSA:
There seems to be lots more attention this cycle in CCLCM as word gets out about the full scholarship. While it is truly an awesome thing, it isn't a reason to apply. Student's do a lot of research (including an additional year of research) and are groomed for research-intensive careers. If an applicant is not passionate about research and does not intend to continue research as a resident and practicing physician, then I would strongly advise that applicant to not even apply.