Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so i just got a call from my folks saying that discover had sent them a letter about a promissory note about my stafford loans...i thought i was supposed to get an email? has anyone else gotten this? i thought there was some computer glitch with the financial aid office... :(

Members don't see this ad.

so i just got a call from my folks saying that discover had sent them a letter about a promissory note about my stafford loans...i thought i was supposed to get an email? has anyone else gotten this? i thought there was some computer glitch with the financial aid office... :(

hmm, i hope we get an email. discover is my lender, too. i haven't received a letter yet (this is my permanent address), but i'm moving to cleveland this weekend.

Yeah, I have Discover too... I got the MPN in the mail at my permanent address I think on Monday afternoon, but no email. I'm a little confused myself since on the phone they were the ones saying something about computer issues... I just don't know what it all means, haha.

Members don't see this ad :)

Agh, Discover here too. I'd better tell my parents to look out for a letter before they leave for the long weekend.

Anyone doing anything tonight? I have a long drive tomorrow morning, but could use a drink tonight. I'm in Cedar-Fairmount. PM me if you're interested.

I'm with citibank and apparently my loans were dispersed yesterday to Case.

Apparently slw tried to send loan info to my old address. Good thing I opted to forward my mail!

Are your loans also getting disbursed in halves?

Yeah half my loan was dispersed oh July 1 and the other half on January 4 I think.

1 2 3 lump sum
:D

(hope I'm not the only one who knows the tune)

anyone else still haven't heard from your lender? (mine is discover)

You should probably just try calling them..I know I bugged the hell out of citibank during my loan application process :smuggrin:

I am also with discover and haven't heard from them. I called financial aid yesterday and they took my name down to do some investigating and said they would get back to me. They also said that I have nothing to worry about because I have turned everything in on my end. So I'm just going to let things work themselves out and not stress about it and enjoy the weekend.

On that note, does anyone know of a good local restaurant, maybe something in little italy? Also, are there going to be any public fireworks shows at parks or something?

I have Citibank. Got the letter from them a few days ago, but got distracted with moving and all. Just signed my MPN online. Not sure how long it will take to disburse the loans after that point.

Oh and don't believe Gayan's hype. He totally skipped town to avoid helping me move in :ninja:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also with discover and haven't heard from them. I called financial aid yesterday and they took my name down to do some investigating and said they would get back to me. They also said that I have nothing to worry about because I have turned everything in on my end. So I'm just going to let things work themselves out and not stress about it and enjoy the weekend.

On that note, does anyone know of a good local restaurant, maybe something in little italy? Also, are there going to be any public fireworks shows at parks or something?

Fireworks!

http://cleveland.metromix.com/events/article/2009-fireworks-displays/1259275/content

as for restaurants in little Italy, we tried one called la dolce vita that was pretty tasty. Haven't hit up the others yet, though....

Yay 4th of July! I had to catch fireworks on tv though :( Hopefully I get to see some live tonight!

I emailed Jessie Clemmons on the 2nd, and she said they were "working on the issue." She also said she hoped to get back to me on Monday.

Happy 4th everyone!

Zomg finally in Cleveland. All the craziness is starting soon!

Zomg finally in Cleveland. All the craziness is starting soon!

haha... Welcome to the 'hood. Time to update your SDN location :D

What're you guys doing for internet/cable tv (Time Warner)

It's apparently around 79 bucks or something if you get both

There's also 2Mbit and 10Mbit internet.. and the 10Mbit is $10 more. Is 10Mbit internet really that useful?

What are you guys getting.. and how much are you paying overall?

What're you guys doing for internet/cable tv (Time Warner)

It's apparently around 79 bucks or something if you get both

There's also 2Mbit and 10Mbit internet.. and the 10Mbit is $10 more. Is 10Mbit internet really that useful?

What are you guys getting.. and how much are you paying overall?

I have a dry-loop with AT&T, getting about 2Mbit for $35/month, and I just got Directv with AAA discount for $24.99/month which gives me all the channels TWC would give me and more. I highly recommend Directv to you all that are thinking about getting cable and your residences allow satellite TV. It's cheaper than cable (12 month intro rate of $24.99/month, then $45.99/month for second 12 months which averages out to $35/month), and I get NFL network, MLB network and a fewer other bonuses that cable doesn't get. If you have any questions about it, PM me.

I have Citibank. Got the letter from them a few days ago, but got distracted with moving and all. Just signed my MPN online. Not sure how long it will take to disburse the loans after that point.

Oh and don't believe Gayan's hype. He totally skipped town to avoid helping me move in :ninja:

Whatever Rhett! If it wasn't for me, you would have ended up in in D.C. heading the wrong way down Cedar! Besides, if memory serves correctly, Jeff and I repeatedly offered to help move in all of your crap :)

anyone up for a board game night sometime this week? risk? monopoly? something else?

I have an apples to apples game. :D I'm willing to host a little get-together on Thursday or Friday if you don't mind boxes, mismatched furniture, and the overall look of an apartment that a person has only lived in for 1.5 days.

so do we need to bring our computers tomorrow or not? The online handout says no, but I thought the computer tech guys said we need to.

not much activity here anymore :)

wheeeeeee

so do we need to bring our computers tomorrow or not? The online handout says no, but I thought the computer tech guys said we need to.

Not today (a bit late a reply, I know) but you probably heard we're supposed to bring them tomorrow, Friday.

not much activity here anymore :)

Well I have something to say....

SATCHER RULES!!! WEARN DROOLS! And so do Blackwell and Robbins.

my new couch

represent

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 210
There's some crap all over it... You should get that cleaned.

lol funny

but anywho, i guess once i get my values and all on sunday, i'll have to return it