This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrepMatch

Partner Organization
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

You have just witnessed the following: a distressed lost puppy was rescued from the middle of the road by a stranger. You approach the stranger and tell him how awesome what he did was. He tells you that given he rescued the lost puppy, he is going to take it home and be its new owner.​

1. Is it right for him to adopt the new puppy?
  2. If you knew the puppy's owner and knew that he is abusive to the puppy, would this change your decision?
  3. What is your role in this situation as an observer?
Discuss Below !!

This scenario is from PrepMatch.com, the free peer-to-peer CASPer preparation platform that allows you to practice hundreds of scenarios for free. PrepMatch is a non-profit partnered up with organizations such as the Student Doctor Network that aims to make the admission process more equitable.

Members don't see this ad.

1. I know this can be difficult because if it is uncontrollable for one to prevent raccoons and skunks and other animals from invading the property then why have to pay for it, especially if it is necessary for one’s safety. However, on the other hand, one must consider the amount of labor and service that it can required for someone to come and remove these animals. Although uncontrollable, we must help support the businesses and people who are putting themselves in a possible dangerous situation with an animal in order to prevent possible dangerous situations and issues for the homeowner. Unless a homeowner is able to do it themselves, homeowners will most likely have to continue to pay for this service.
  2. I believe there are many factors to consider when considering a reasonable cost. For one, it is important to factor in how easy it is to remove such animal. Perhaps a small squirrel is easier to remove than a skunk. Then is it important to factor in equipment used and travel time. Moreover, the means of removal is also important to consider. Unfortunately, I understand that more ethical solutions for removal may be more expensive since it requires one to trap the animal and relocate it. Therefore, with these factors consider, one can be able to compromise a reasonable price to remove a raccoon.
  3. I believe this is a difficult situation agian. For one, one is transporting an animal from its den and home. However, the animals is dangerous for the homeowner and can create issuses but also it can be dangerous for the animal as well to live close to such human life. I believe doing research and finding the best company that can transport the animal can prevent harm. Things to look for includes looking at the animals den to ensure there are no babies or perhaps trapping the animal in a way that causes the least amount of stress. I believe by being able to ethically capture the animal, it may be beneficial to both humans and animals safety.

(ignore spelling/grammar issues since this does not affect CASPER scoring)