This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrepMatch

Partner Organization
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

You are on your way downtown to take your final exam. When you drive to the local subway station, you realize that the parking lot is full. It's mid-day, the roads are full of traffic jams, and the only way to get downtown in time is to park your car on one of the side-streets next to the subway station. Parking on the street is illegal during those hours, and you might get ticketed.​

1. If there is no way to get to the final exam other than using this specific station, would you park on one of the side streets?
  2. Rachel was in a situation similar to this one. She decided to miss the exam and email the professor that she felt very sick on the day of the exam. What are your thoughts on what Rachel did?
  3. Bob was also in a similar situation and decided to park on the street. He ended up receiving a ticket. Should he attempt to appeal the ticket in the municipal court?
Discuss Below !!

This scenario is from PrepMatch.com, the free peer-to-peer CASPer preparation platform that allows you to practice hundreds of scenarios for free. PrepMatch is a non-profit partnered up with organizations such as the Student Doctor Network that aims to make the admission process more equitable.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would most definitely park on a side street and accept the rosk of a parking ticket. Missing a final exam in a course is a big deal. Paying a $50 parking ticket is an annoyance that will be long forgotten when I ace the final and get an A in the course. I would learn the lession that in the future I would allow more time to get to the final exam and not put myself in that position. I would also immediately pay the ticket so the cost doesn't increase. I would never waste my time appealing it.

Reactions: 1 users
I might have to take my chances of being late to the exam and speak with the professor about my options or just realize I’m will have an abbreviated amount of time to take the test or call while you’re waiting for legal parking and let the professor know what had happened.
The prompt doesn’t say that you can’t take the exam if you’re late. I would wait for appropriate parking.
The question states that parking there is illegal. Since this is a situational judgment test about myself and how I would be as a physician, I would be hesitant to blatantly say that I’m willing to do something illegal.

Reactions: 1 user