CBSE - February 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did you prep for / what did you do to study? This was my first attempt w/ v v minimal studying so I knew to not expect what i need. thanks
Did anki for a bit for pharm biochem and some cardio and endocrine. I was doing some usmle rx while I was doing that. Then when August hit I dropped anki and did amboss, 50% complete until November. Then uworld 80% complete until test day. No NBMEs except 20 and I stopped 3 blocks in because I was missing a lot, thought I might retake in July
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anki for a bit for pharm biochem and some cardio and endocrine. I was doing some usmle rx while I was doing that. Then when August hit I dropped anki and did amboss, 50% complete until November. Then uworld 80% complete until test day. No NBMEs except 20 and I stopped 3 blocks in because I was missing a lot, thought I might retake in July
was Amboss helpful? UWorld random or subject wise and what was the average like?
 
Going by the 2024 match thread here, it seems like many people with mid-high 60s EPC got close to 20 interviews.

I have a feeling the EPC scoring system is harder/not accurate to the leaked conversion tables. Maybe it's due to COVID being over but it seems like you should add ~10 to your EPC to compare your competitiveness to the old scoring systems of previous years.
 
was Amboss helpful? UWorld random or subject wise and what was the average like?
I think everything I did helped, I got qs right because of anki uworld and amboss, and I probably a lot wrong because I didn’t complete my resources. Did uworld random, amboss some subject wise, rest random
 
Last edited:
so I see some programs want official reports? how does sending an official report work? or they will verify it themselves?
 
78 EPC

First time taking it, studied intensely for about 6 months.

I felt much better walking out of this than I did any NBME, so I knew I did better. That being said, I always took my NBME scores with a grain of salt because I would get distracted and not take them seriously. I would start zoning out in the third block and my scores always reflected that, lol. Obviously knew with the adrenaline I would be more locked in for the real deal.

NBME 26 - 63% 5 weeks out
NBME 27 - 61% 4 weeks out
NBME 29 - 68% 2 weeks out
NBME 30 - 63% 1.5 weeks out (this one crushed my confidence lol)
NBME 28 - 69%, next day after I took 30
Free 120 - 70%, next day after 28
NBME 25 - 68%, next day after free 120
NBME 31 - 71%, 4 days before the test

Feels good to be done. This test is a beast, but I think anyone can do it. I think the reason a lot of people don't do well is because they dont respect it in a way. I was like this at first too. You have to know going in that this is 2 years of med school material that we dont learn, and it is tested in a way completely foreign to most of us. Even subjects I was strong in during school didactics (i.e cardio) I would always get wrong on Uworld until I accepted I know nothing and basically learned from scratch. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats on the amazing score!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a 68 EPC, first pass. Worth going for a second? I'm applying for dental anesthesia so it's difficult to find any sort of consensus on score requirements.