Señor Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2011
  1. Medical Student
    I'm a little confused about the wording of this question:
    5SvCW.png

Here's the diagram:
    m6hAl.png

I used the formula: V=IR to solve the problem, but since the question stated to "assume that the resistance in the circuit is negligible compared to that of the lightbulb," I just did V=I, leading to me to answer choice C.

What are they trying say by "assume that the resistance in the circuit is negligible compared to that of the lightbulb?" :mad:

sudo

Señor Member
    7+ Year Member
    Sep 12, 2011
    1. Medical Student
      I forgot that the circuit, itself, can have some resistance (though it's negligible), so the question was reiterating that the resistance in the circuit, compared to that of the light bulb, is negligible...which should be assumed from usual, practical application.:idea:

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.