cc credit limit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qatarra5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an AAS from years past and from a different region. I needed to start over at a cc to transfer to a uni in current state because my cc credits were not transferable. Because of this, I will have a lot more cc credits than the ~60 limit. Does this disqualify me from the majority of dental schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I have made some phone calls since reading over the list. It seems that while there are supposed limits, they aren't completely set in stone. I have yet to talk to someone who tells me that I will have no chance because of excess cc credits. Has anyone been in a similar situation and had success when applying?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an AAS from years past and from a different region. I needed to start over at a cc to transfer to a uni in current state because my cc credits were not transferable. Because of this, I will have a lot more cc credits than the ~60 limit. Does this disqualify me from the majority of dental schools?
don't worry, focus on doing well at your 4-year institution after transferring. I have close to 90 cc credits and just got my first interview invitation today (completed all prereqs at CC except Biochem and Physics). However, I either did not apply or withdrew from the schools that specifically say that they won't accept cc credits.

Reactions: 1 user
I have made some phone calls since reading over the list. It seems that while there are supposed limits, they aren't completely set in stone. I have yet to talk to someone who tells me that I will have no chance because of excess cc credits. Has anyone been in a similar situation and had success when applying?

Thanks

It isn't an issue that you have more than 60 credits, the problem comes in if you want to apply more than 60 credits to your overall credits for graduation. Most colleges set a limit on the number of credits as well so usually isn't not an issue. Just make sure that your pre-reqs come from your 4 year college or that you do really, really well in the upper level classes for bio, chem, etc. if you are using CC credits for gen bio/chem, etc. Also note, some schools don't take CC credits for the pre-reqs so investigate that if you want to go to those schools.