CC retakes and mcat prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolguy53

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I should retake the three classes in which I recieved Cs in at a local cc college in my community. Also I have a 3.25-3.5 I dont know exactly because I have retaken some classes and transfered schools. I also have cc college credit from my high school where some classes where gave cc credit which I believe will facor into my application for do or md school. My plan is sum1 take physics 1 sum2 take physics 2 and then in thr fall take microbio w lab and kaplan mcat course and then study until march and take the test in april. Also if I dont get a good score in my april test when should I take it again so I ca apply during the same cycle. I will also be applying to both md and do schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you taken a biochem course yet? If you have the time I'd definitely re-take those "C" classes but I'd strongly recommend taking the time for a biochem course if you plan on being on a campus anyway. I'm in the process of taking it right now for the summer to help my MCAT prep. Plus it is STRONGLY recommended, and something that will set you apart from other applicants.

Visiting some DO schools I was surprised at how many kids hadn't taken the number of 300 level and up classes that I had taken yet they were accepted. However, it took many of them several times to get in. Keep that in mind

Have you taken a biochem course yet? If you have the time I'd definitely re-take those "C" classes but I'd strongly recommend taking the time for a biochem course if you plan on being on a campus anyway. I'm in the process of taking it right now for the summer to help my MCAT prep. Plus it is STRONGLY recommended, and something that will set you apart from other applicants.

Visiting some DO schools I was surprised at how many kids hadn't taken the number of 300 level and up classes that I had taken yet they were accepted. However, it took many of them several times to get in. Keep that in mind
Yea I took biochemistry already I graduated with a bio degree and I got a B in the class

I was also going to take the MCAT this week but I canceled it and plan to take it next year after I finish taking these three summer classes and I also signed up for another free Kaplan class in the fall.