1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

CC transfer to University

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by citingwiki, Apr 30, 2007.

1. citingwiki

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi

Does anyone know how med schools look at students that get a two-year degree at a community college and then transfer to a university? For those that live in NJ, I got the stars scholarship, which is why I am going to the CC first. For those that don’t live in NJ, this scholarship is for HS graduates in the top 20th percentile, and pays for 4 years undergrad tuition, as long as you start at a CC and maintain a certain gpa (3.5 I think).

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jojocola

jojocola Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I have yet to meet someone that was rejected to med school because of that.

4. Catalystik

Catalystik Platinum
    Physician Faculty SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

You'd best get mostly As at a CC, as there is an assumption, not always justified, that a CC is not very competitive and the classes aren't as rigorous. When you transfer, you need to prove those assumptions wrong by continuing to get As in some upper-level science classes. If you do this, you'll be fine. Going to a community college will not be held against you.