CCC/SOS required for Major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeadCactus

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Army/Air Force physicians: are you required/expected to complete CCC/SOS for promotion to 04? Curious about answer for both AD and Guard/Reserve.

Not sure what the Navy equivalent course would be but feel free to chime in.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
CCC is becoming more of a discriminatory for O5. O4 is a fully qualified board (barring flags as noted above)

Forgot to ask, how many years TIS/TIG?

Six

I had a few classmates who didn’t even know their name was on the promotion list, let alone make sure their file was good to go, let alone go to CCC. as mentioned above, barring major screw ups you’ll pin it on

Six

I had a few classmates who didn’t even know their name was on the promotion list, let alone make sure their file was good to go, let alone go to CCC. as mentioned above, barring major screw ups you’ll pin it on

For medical corps this is probably true. Not so for MSC.

Are we not talking about army physicians?

We are. Different rules for different AMEDD programs. :)

I'm still interested in how they thing reservists can seem to get time to do CCC.....

CCC Is a shortened format for the reserve Corps. It was two weeks long when I went a couple of years ago.

I hope it is all that is needed for O-5. ILE does not have a shortened format for RC, Residential is a no go, and the distance or other formats look ugly.

CCC Is a shortened format for the reserve Corps. It was two weeks long when I went a couple of years ago.

I hope it is all that is needed for O-5. ILE does not have a shortened format for RC, Residential is a no go, and the distance or other formats look ugly.

Good to know that! I have several years before I have to worry about making it to 0-5 if ever with the way MSC works.

[QUOTE="notdeadyet, post: 21133936, member: 48834

.... ILE does not have a shortened format for RC, Residential is a no go, and the distance or other formats look ugly.
[/QUOTE]

TASS is the way to do ILE for the reserves.
Phase 1 is on orders for 2 weeks, do instead of ECT.
Phase 2 is monthly drilling OCT-MAY. A good unit should hopefully excuse you from drill, or at least most of them, so you just do this instead of what you normally do.
Phase 3 is on orders for 2 weeks, again, instead of ECT.

Gets it done in 15 or so months, and you are never alone trying to figure out big army stuff. Pure correspondence would suck big time. I never would have finished if I had to do it straight correspondence.

But like any good army idea, they consider killing the TASS option every year.

Reactions: 1 user
[QUOTE="notdeadyet, post: 21133936, member: 48834

.... ILE does not have a shortened format for RC, Residential is a no go, and the distance or other formats look ugly.

TASS is the way to do ILE for the reserves.
Phase 1 is on orders for 2 weeks, do instead of ECT.
Phase 2 is monthly drilling OCT-MAY. A good unit should hopefully excuse you from drill, or at least most of them, so you just do this instead of what you normally do.
Phase 3 is on orders for 2 weeks, again, instead of ECT.

Gets it done in 15 or so months, and you are never alone trying to figure out big army stuff. Pure correspondence would suck big time. I never would have finished if I had to do it straight correspondence.

But like any good army idea, they consider killing the TASS option every year.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this game plan. Since I RST with a unit except for the 3-4 times per year I actually go out and drill with my assigned unit this would actually be pretty doable.

I'm going to tuck this away when I eventually pin on the oak tree and start looking towards the next rank.

Not for 04 but in the Army CCC more and more needed for 05. I knew I was terminal at 04. My colleagues who wanted to stay in or longer all did CCC to get 05. This was 2015-2016.