DeadCactus

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Army/Air Force physicians: are you required/expected to complete CCC/SOS for promotion to 04? Curious about answer for both AD and Guard/Reserve.

Not sure what the Navy equivalent course would be but feel free to chime in.

TheGoose

10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
CCC is becoming more of a discriminatory for O5. O4 is a fully qualified board (barring flags as noted above)

absolutdokta

Get some!
7+ Year Member
May 31, 2010
Tarsonis
Status
Attending Physician
Forgot to ask, how many years TIS/TIG?
Six

I had a few classmates who didn’t even know their name was on the promotion list, let alone make sure their file was good to go, let alone go to CCC. as mentioned above, barring major screw ups you’ll pin it on

TheEarDoc

Audiologist
7+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2010
The dirty south
Status
Non-Student
Six

I had a few classmates who didn’t even know their name was on the promotion list, let alone make sure their file was good to go, let alone go to CCC. as mentioned above, barring major screw ups you’ll pin it on
For medical corps this is probably true. Not so for MSC.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
CCC Is a shortened format for the reserve Corps. It was two weeks long when I went a couple of years ago.

I hope it is all that is needed for O-5. ILE does not have a shortened format for RC, Residential is a no go, and the distance or other formats look ugly.

TheEarDoc

Audiologist
7+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2010
The dirty south
Status
Non-Student
CCC Is a shortened format for the reserve Corps. It was two weeks long when I went a couple of years ago.

I hope it is all that is needed for O-5. ILE does not have a shortened format for RC, Residential is a no go, and the distance or other formats look ugly.
Good to know that! I have several years before I have to worry about making it to 0-5 if ever with the way MSC works.

armytrainingsir

2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2017
Status
Attending Physician
[QUOTE="notdeadyet, post: 21133936, member: 48834

.... ILE does not have a shortened format for RC, Residential is a no go, and the distance or other formats look ugly.
[/QUOTE]

TASS is the way to do ILE for the reserves.
Phase 1 is on orders for 2 weeks, do instead of ECT.
Phase 2 is monthly drilling OCT-MAY. A good unit should hopefully excuse you from drill, or at least most of them, so you just do this instead of what you normally do.
Phase 3 is on orders for 2 weeks, again, instead of ECT.

Gets it done in 15 or so months, and you are never alone trying to figure out big army stuff. Pure correspondence would suck big time. I never would have finished if I had to do it straight correspondence.

But like any good army idea, they consider killing the TASS option every year.

Reactions: TheEarDoc

TheEarDoc

Audiologist
7+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2010
The dirty south
Status
Non-Student
[QUOTE="notdeadyet, post: 21133936, member: 48834

.... ILE does not have a shortened format for RC, Residential is a no go, and the distance or other formats look ugly.

TASS is the way to do ILE for the reserves.
Phase 1 is on orders for 2 weeks, do instead of ECT.
Phase 2 is monthly drilling OCT-MAY. A good unit should hopefully excuse you from drill, or at least most of them, so you just do this instead of what you normally do.
Phase 3 is on orders for 2 weeks, again, instead of ECT.

Gets it done in 15 or so months, and you are never alone trying to figure out big army stuff. Pure correspondence would suck big time. I never would have finished if I had to do it straight correspondence.

But like any good army idea, they consider killing the TASS option every year.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this game plan. Since I RST with a unit except for the 3-4 times per year I actually go out and drill with my assigned unit this would actually be pretty doable.

I'm going to tuck this away when I eventually pin on the oak tree and start looking towards the next rank.