CCL List Temple???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blazed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a thin envelope in today from Temple. Immediately I thought rejection. Instead it reads impressive application you have been placed on the Continuing Candidates List. I am an out of state resident and I know that Temple does give preference to PA residents. Is this a nice letter of rejection or what? What are my chances to get off the list? What can I do to increase these chances if there is any? Help me out here fellow Pre-MD's. Holla back at me....

Members don't see this ad.

What I *think* is that they may be waiting to hear the responses from all accepted PA residents first. So after maybe April or May 15th they will have a better idea of how many PA residents are coming. Then they'll accept a whole bunch of people from the CCL. Since they have state funding, they have to fill a quota of PA residents, right??

blazed,
I have just mailed in a acceptance-withdrawal request to Temple (and I am from PA); hopefully that will help you

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an out-of-state applicant. I interviewed at Temple University School of Medicine towards the end of November 2001 and was placed on the CCL a couple days before the end of the year. I think *Doctora Foxy* has it right. In fact, I am pretty sure she is correct. Talking to the Admissions Staff on several occasions as well as my interviewer, I got the impression that Pennsylvania residents are first offered positions. Once the school has an idea of who is coming and who is not, the Committee (beginning in late Spring) starts admitting out-of-state applicants placed on the CCL. I believe approximately 40% of the class is out-of-state.

Also, I do not think every applicant is placed on the CCL. Those who are deemed uncompetitive post-interview are rejected. This is mentioned in the CCL letter, which I believe is truthful and should be taken at face value. If the CCL letter was a *nice* rejection letter, then you would know it--there would be no false hope. The CCL letter, in effect, is saying "hold on." We'll make a decision on your application later. You may still be accepted or rejected or waitlisted.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctora Foxy:
•What I *think* is that they may be waiting to hear the responses from all accepted PA residents first. So after maybe April or May 15th they will have a better idea of how many PA residents are coming. Then they'll accept a whole bunch of people from the CCL. Since they have state funding, they have to fill a quota of PA residents, right?•••••

California, Abram, and Foxy thank you all for breaking down the truth behind the CCL list. I appreciate all of your input on the issue. Lets wait and see what happens. Good Luck to you all, and try not to stress yourself out!!!

Oh one more thing...jalbrekt was at a Temple interview last week and the class is NOT FULL. So don't worry about CCL! I'll be there to interview on 4/11 and I still have hope of an acceptance! :D