Cclcm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Begaster

What do people know about this school?

What's the general LizzyM score (don't have the MSAR yet)?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Lerner is completely PBL and non-traditional (Using the word lecture is a sin there), so you have to be sure you are into that kind of thing. It is also very research intensive, between a traditional MD and a full MD/PhD. The program is 5 years instead of 4, with a year of stipened research. It is about 30 students per class. So if you are into those things it can be one of the best programs around. But if you are not into those things it could be one of the worst programs for you. Although Lerner is pretty still pretty new, the CC is is top flight as far as reputation goes; one of the best hospitals in the world for certain things. And just recently it was announced all Lerner students will have complete tuition support (AKA everyone basically gets a full ride).

Not sure on the statistics and they probably won't be in the MSAR because in prevous years Lerner students were lumped in with the Case students (cclcm is techincally within Case). But their numbers are probably very high, and they certainly look for people who can fit into their unique curriculum plus those with extensive research backgrounds.

Yeah, their program is what excites me the most. I love research and their five-year schedule sounds phenomenal, especially because it will give me a good jumping point to nab a PhD during my residency from!

What are the Case Western numbers, then?

Members don't see this ad :)
-3.7ish

I believe these were the numbers they quoted when I was there last fall. They didn't give us any at cclcm but they are probably about the same or a little higher.

-3.7ish

I believe these were the numbers they quoted when I was there last fall. They didn't give us any at cclcm but they are probably about the same or a little higher.

I think that's the median for Case (those numbers are also a few years old I think). By now, the median for CCLCM is probably in the upper 30s (35-39) and 3.8 since more people are finding out about the school and are learning about the free tuition thing. So for next year, it'll probably be more competitive although I don't know if their average scores are going to go up.

Lerner is completely PBL....
No, it's not. The curriculum here is about 1/3 PBL during first year, and 1/4 PBL during second year. To break it down exactly, we have six hours of PBL per week during first and second years, out of a total of 20.5 hours of contact time first year and 24.5 hours of contact time second year. Even discounting the clinical contact hours, it's still only about 1/3 PBL.

No, it's not. The curriculum here is about 1/3 PBL during first year, and 1/4 PBL during second year. To break it down exactly, we have six hours of PBL per week during first and second years, out of a total of 20.5 hours of contact time first year and 24.5 hours of contact time second year. Even discounting the clinical contact hours, it's still only about 1/3 PBL.

My bad, I'll change "is completely" to "envokes significant amounts of"