CCM Board Review materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Katheudontas parateroumen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, what are the best resources for the CCM boards? I like question banks and/or books. Any specific advice for the anesthesia ccm boards? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

SCCM had a good board review course, with lectures that could be viewed on demand that covered the main subjects. As for questions, they also have a pair of question books that are good for prep. All of that together is usually sold as a board prep package for maybe $1500 (worth a ton of CME). Chest SEEK has a nice mobile app with over 500 questions that are good to do when between cases, on bypass, or on the toilet. There was another question book I used from ATS that wasn't bad. I was not impressed with Board Vitals (way too simple), but that would have been back in one of their first years, so maybe they got better.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been told Chest SEEK is good enough for the exam. Might not be something tailor-fit for us. I plan on doing questions and going through the outline on ABA website for anything crazy. I've been told to cram derm and vasculitides before the exam. But honestly that ITE seemed pretty reasonable and I think any review we look at will cover most of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been told Chest SEEK is good enough for the exam. Might not be something tailor-fit for us. I plan on doing questions and going through the outline on ABA website for anything crazy. I've been told to cram derm and vasculitides before the exam. But honestly that ITE seemed pretty reasonable and I think any review we look at will cover most of it.
Have you gotten your ITE score yet ?

This may be controversial, but you can also take the approach of looking at the content outline, and figuring out what you can just write off from studying. For example, I knew derm would be only at max six questions, and was not going to stress it. Of my handful of derm questions, I had three ****ing histopathology slides. Studying would not have improved my ability to get those three questions, so the decision to gloss over that topic was a good one.

Also if you're a fellow, read your contract. No one at my program knew that the SCCM ultrasound course was a specific line item benefit for 1st year CCM fellows and the SCCM board review course was a line item benefit for 2nd year fellows. So those courses didn't come out of the general CME benefit.

Anyone with Chest SEEK past question bank? The question bank is $700. Quite pricy.

Reactions: 1 user
Not gonna lie after oral boards it was hard to muster the effort for this exam.. Hopefully half-heartedly working through most of SEEK is good enough!

Not gonna lie after oral boards it was hard to muster the effort for this exam.. Hopefully half-heartedly working through most of SEEK is good enough!
Same here. I’m not sure what I know and what I don’t know.

How long does the result typically come back?

I only went through a couple hundred questions from the “1000 Critical Care Questions” book found on Amazon. Off and on over a month of studying. It’s kinda sad how little prep was done compared to all the other boards. But a pass is a pass!