CCOM Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
scubadiva said:
I am finally here!!! YAY! :thumbup:

Long @ss drive...whew...

Cat
yay!!! welcome to chi-town, kitty cat! :D looking forward to wednesday :scared: hey, does anyone know what time orientation starts, where to go, etc??.....i have no info about this whole thing...was it in the packet we got a while ago?? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

SM-UCLA tech said:
hey guys......it's getting close....

i just wanted to let you all know to plan on going to Riprocks on Thursday night. Some people from our class are planning on getting your class together to take you out there. On thursday nights they have $2.50 pitchers. :D

Where's Riprocks?

Riprocks is on Frontage Rd. ....... the little side street that runs parallel with Butterfield on the south side.

We'll get the word out. Scubadiva will know for sure how to get there....I'll make sure she lets you know

Members don't see this ad :)
MC7 and I are hanging out in the F lounge! Hope to see you all around tomorrow!

Whoooohooo, were here!!!! Where is everyone else. Target trip in the next few hours. Monica and I have the beer but no ice???? :smuggrin: Cat your phone isn't working, I will PM mine.

just moved here is there anything fun to do around here?? i am a MS1 at ccom and have nothing to do until school starts-- someone help!!!!!

Patrick and I are going to go get some beers and chill if anyone is interested... pm me

Hey everyone!

Quick question: Does anyone know/have any advice on joining student organizations? I got the email from SOMA and from AMSA and I'd like to join something, but I don't want to join everything! I wouldn't be able to keep up! Any advice is appreciated.

See you all Wednesday! :)

karen06 said:
Hey everyone!

Quick question: Does anyone know/have any advice on joining student organizations? I got the email from SOMA and from AMSA and I'd like to join something, but I don't want to join everything! I wouldn't be able to keep up! Any advice is appreciated.

See you all Wednesday! :)
i've heard that joining amsa/soma is worth it, either way you get a free netters!! :D are they 2 completely different organizations though? which one is better to join if they're separate?

JunkintheTrunk said:
i've heard that joining amsa/soma is worth it, either way you get a free netters!! :D are they 2 completely different organizations though? which one is better to join if they're separate?

joining organizations and getting involved is great.

soma is a great osteopathic student organization. i never joined and i'm glad i didn't because school paid for the d.c. trip anyway. i also had netter's already, so i felt it was a waste of money for me to join.

but you will definitely need netter's, which is about $90 i think. so it's probably a good idea to join soma.

amsa is a totally different entity in my opinion. as an undergrad we had one of the only undergrad amsa organizations in the country. i got involved and was on a national committee. when i came to school last year, i was on the committee which organized our regions national conference. it was great because i put a panel together for the conference which had 4 ccom students on it. But i felt that was the only good thing about amsa. and you don't have to be a member of amsa to go to the conference.

but there is one club that you all should join!!! that is ACOFP. Now i'm biased because i'm president, but it's free to join, and our school gets an award if we have 100% membership. ACOFP is the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians. It's a large national organization. And you DO NOT have to have an interest in Family Medicine to join or to benefit from it. The best thing about ACOFP is the National Conference and shadowing of residents. This year conference is in Phoenix. Last year it was in Tampa, and it was incredibly fun! This year, members will be able to sign-up to shadow residents while they are on-call in the hospital. It will be a great learning experience.

Well....thats my 2 1/2 cents.

Kristopher

JunkintheTrunk said:

They're both separate organizations. AMSA is worth it b/c you get a free Netter's. Joining cost $65, and Netter's was $68. A lot of people join SOMA and AMA too. Also, UAAO is GREAT. It's the osteopathic manipulation club, and they provide review sessions before every practical, which are worth going to. If you're not a member ($40), you have to pay $10 for every review session.

hey! my orientation packet and i are in different locations - can someone please do me the favor of posting where we are supposed to be at 8:30 am tomorrow?! also, are we supposed to bring anything special with us?
thanks!!

Does anyone know of anything going on tonight? Finally moved in!! ok take care

Someone pm me with what the plans are tonight. I am at my parents now and going back to campus in an hour with all the rest of my stuff. Eyecon if you find out let me know :oops: please. there is a message board on my room trad bld C 210

mc7 said:
Someone pm me with what the plans are tonight. I am at my parents now and going back to campus in an hour with all the rest of my stuff. Eyecon if you find out let me know :oops: please. there is a message board on my room trad bld C 210

Yea..of course I'll let you know....just post it up if you find anything going on as well...take care

SM-UCLA tech said:
joining organizations and getting involved is great.

but there is one club that you all should join!!! that is ACOFP. Now i'm biased because i'm president, but it's free to join, and our school gets an award if we have 100% membership. ACOFP is the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians. It's a large national organization. And you DO NOT have to have an interest in Family Medicine to join or to benefit from it. The best thing about ACOFP is the National Conference and shadowing of residents. This year conference is in Phoenix. Last year it was in Tampa, and it was incredibly fun! This year, members will be able to sign-up to shadow residents while they are on-call in the hospital. It will be a great learning experience.

Well....the my 2 1/2 cents.

Kristopher

Hi Kristopher! I am totally joining your org! (and I am very interested in Family Medicine actually) :D I like that manipulation club too b/c I could sure use the extra practice. As far as AMSA/SOMA...still debating... :confused:

Thx for the help everyone and see you bright and early tomorrow at the Library Technology Center (I think someone asked where orientation was.)

karen

how fun was that! despite the mundane details and abundance of powerpoint presentations, orientation was fun :) i met a few sdn'ers, and i hope to see most of you at "anyways" tonite!!! :thumbup:

I am looking for a condo to rent by CCOM. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom for $750. If you guys know of anyone looking to rent their place, please PM me.

Hey Dr. Liver et al.,

I have once again worked out special prices for apartments if you are attending CCOM/MWU. I need to finish typing it up the flyers, but I will try to post it here. Otherwise, you can email Bryan Dickson in housing for it. I will hopefully have it by this Friday. All you need to do is bring in or mention the flyer to the four apartment communities that agreed to give CCOM special deals and you will definitely be able to get a one bedroom for around $750.00

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Aaron Reitman
New MSIII who is studying for boards

DrLiver said:
I am looking for a condo to rent by CCOM. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom for $750. If you guys know of anyone looking to rent their place, please PM me.