CCOM Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mc7 said:
Yes I actually went there to double check that I wanted to live in the dorms. They look nice. The lack of AC is troublesome. Guess when its hot I will go study or something productive.

No ac? Does it seem like it would be too hot even with a fan? My undergrad didn't have ac either.

Does it seem like a large enough space to live in?

Oh, and I say to get all the partying out of the system before the books take a priority. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

delicatefade said:
What cell phone service do you Chicago people prefer?

I have Verizon. I have had great service in the whole Downers Grove/Naperville/Lisle area. Not a problem.

TomC727 said:
I have Verizon. I have had great service in the whole Downers Grove/Naperville/Lisle area. Not a problem.
Yeah, they seem to have great reception. Not sure if there customer service is all that though. I am investing in a huge fan. This has been a mild summer actually. The concern is actually May. Chicago summers can have summers just as nasty as their winters.

Members don't see this ad :)
scubadiva said:
No ac? Does it seem like it would be too hot even with a fan? My undergrad didn't have ac either.

Does it seem like a large enough space to live in?

Oh, and I say to get all the partying out of the system before the books take a priority. :smuggrin:
It looks like a ton of space for a one person dorm. It was initially a two person dorm so it has two desks, two closets, two dressers built in and so on.

Thanks Mike! :thumbup:

*runs off to the post office

Is there anyone out there that is selling a mini fridge? MSII lookin' to unload one? :confused:

the lack of ac in the traditional dorms is no big deal.

i was really worried about it, but there were few occasions that it was really needed. a lot of people use a fan for the hot days, and they work fine.

i got by without a fan.

Hey Jessie! Nice Avatar! LOL

I haven't been on the board in a little while but you guys have really taken over. My real name is Nilay (Indian- and yes I am male) and turning 24 in November. I'm glad to see there are some runners out there since I came from Austin, Texas (big running/biking town). It would be nice to start a running club to make sure we try to stay somewhat healthy in med school. I am living at City View, is anyone else? I will be up there the middle of next week and would love to start meeting people. Let me know what you guys think about getting together before orientation (beer or some dinner). Enjoy the rest of summer and I look forward to meeting everyone.

oh, and i think it would be a blast to all go to Buca di Beppo.......anyone ever been there?? i had my rehearsal dinner there for my wedding.....it was nuts :D

delicatefade said:
What cell phone service do you Chicago people prefer?

I had sprint during undergrad at U of IL in Champaign and the network never really failed on me. I switched to T-Mobile which I think is pretty good in the Chicagoland area. :)

UT_DO_08 said:
I haven't been on the board in a little while but you guys have really taken over. My real name is Nilay (Indian- and yes I am male) and turning 24 in November. I'm glad to see there are some runners out there since I came from Austin, Texas (big running/biking town). It would be nice to start a running club to make sure we try to stay somewhat healthy in med school. I am living at City View, is anyone else? I will be up there the middle of next week and would love to start meeting people. Let me know what you guys think about getting together before orientation (beer or some dinner). Enjoy the rest of summer and I look forward to meeting everyone.

hey nilay! what day in november were you born? i'm turning 24 on the 6th :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I work at Buca...maybe I can get us an employee discount!?

MC^2 said:
Hey, I work at Buca...maybe I can get us an employee discount!?
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! lets do it! what if we go there AFTER the first day of orientation is done? that way we've met each other and have lots to talk about, and we can all go there straight after the day is done? YUMMMMY :p

karen06 said:
hey nilay! what day in november were you born? i'm turning 24 on the 6th :)

Hey Karen,

I turn 24 on the 9th...pretty close. November rocks... and i'd gladly go party with you around then... :thumbup:

Hey Nilay, welcome back to the SDN thing. Seems like most of us have a lot of computer time. I'm actually at work this evening passing the time on this message board. Meeting before orientation would be great but my schedule is a little crazy in the next week and a half. Trying to work as much as possible before I am a broke med student.

TomC727 said:
By the way, I will be living off campus. I was just thinking about it that I may be one of the youngest in our class. I just turned 22 at the end of July.

i beat you by a month!! i just turned 22 at the end of june...

as for the buca de peppo -- i'm a 100% down

last day in india....cant wait to get back

as for updating the name thing...sorry scubadiva...i cant copy and paste it....but, ill be living at llc 6th floor...this comp is really slow that im on.....some random cyber cafe in india

You can make reservations for Buca di Beppo online, and there is no in Lombard, just a few minutes away from campus. I don't know how many people we will have. but it might be a good idea to reserve ahead of time. :thumbup:

Eyecon82 said:
i beat you by a month!! i just turned 22 at the end of june...

as for the buca de peppo -- i'm a 100% down

last day in india....cant wait to get back

as for updating the name thing...sorry scubadiva...i cant copy and paste it....but, ill be living at llc 6th floor...this comp is really slow that im on.....some random cyber cafe in india

Well, almost.
We are the youngin's of CCOM

zenblunder said:
You can make reservations for Buca di Beppo online, and there is no in Lombard, just a few minutes away from campus. I don't know how many people we will have. but it might be a good idea to reserve ahead of time. :thumbup:

I'd love to meet everyone at Bucca. Count me in! :) :thumbup:

mmmmm..... Homer Hungry... I mean Nilay hungry... I'm down for some Italian...

scubadiva = Cat
*Traditional Residence Halls Building C first floor (still 24, though I'll be 25 by the time I get there. ) (woops, I got confused for a second, but I'm in building C).

j-trunk = Jessie (LaGrange, IL) (22!!!!!! WOOO!)
*off campus apt 15 mins away, fave color: PINK

karen06 = Karen (23)
*off campus apartment about 10 min away

mc7 = Mike (suburbs of Chicago) (28)
*Trad Residence Building C 2nd Floor GREEN

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

delicatefade = Andy (26) (Richmond, VA)
*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)
Off Campus Apartments about 10 minutes away, Red

eyecon82 = palak (22)

MC^2= MONICA!! (22) Westminster, CO Blue (both an attitude and a favorite color)
*Traditional residence halls... 2nd floor building B

futurdoc = Brian B. (27 going on 15) Villa Park, IL
*Townhouse with my very patient wife.

jgarlovsky = Johnny G. (28)
*living at the Versilles.

alimarie81 = Alisha H. (23)
*Loft in the city with my hubby

Danielle = Danielle (25)
*apartment in Lisle, IL on Ogden

UT_DO_08 = Nilay (23)

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

Is anyone else hating packing? :( Yuck...I keep procrastinating. I don't know what and how to bring these things. :oops: I'm leaving on Sunday morning. :eek: :laugh:

scubadiva said:
Is anyone else hating packing? :( Yuck...I keep procrastinating. I don't know what and how to bring these things. :oops: I'm leaving on Sunday morning. :eek: :laugh:

I am with you on that. I technically moved into my apartment 2 1/2 months ago but I finally finished moving everything in and setting everything up today. The only thing I got left to move is my computer from home. Moving seriously sucks.

TomC727 said:
Well, almost.
We are the youngin's of CCOM

oh man...i just re-read my post...i meant to say....you beat me by a month...sorry..a dumb mistake..it was late last night...

scubadiva = Cat
*Traditional Residence Halls Building C first floor (still 24, though I'll be 25 by the time I get there. ) (woops, I got confused for a second, but I'm in building C).

karen06 = Karen (23)

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

eyecon82 = palak (22) schaumburg, IL
LLC 6th floor

MC^2= MONICA!! (22) Westminster, CO Blue (both an attitude and a favorite color)

Danielle = Danielle (25)

UT_DO_08 = Nilay (23)

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

Eyecon82 said:
oh man...i just re-read my post...i meant to say....you beat me by a month...sorry..a dumb mistake..it was late last night...

don't worry, I figured it out when you posted it.

I am definetly down for the bar-hopping/clubbing idea as well during orientation week...it'll be a good way for all of us to get to know each other in a non-professional environment and to kick back before school starts....

Hey MS-I's

I just wanted to let you know that I am going to organize a softball game before school starts. My classmates got a couple games together last year and we had a blast.

So if you have baseball gloves, make sure you bring them!

SM-UCLA tech said:
Hey MS-I's

I just wanted to let you know that I am going to organize a softball game before school starts. My classmates got a couple games together last year and we had a blast.

So if you have baseball gloves, make sure you bring them!

I am so in. My 12" league ended last week and I am missing it already.

TomC727 said:
I am so in. My 12" league ended last week and I am missing it already.

Tom....keep that glove warm then....there is an Annual Chicagoland Softball tournament thrown by Rush Medical School each year. It's huge, and a lot of fun. CCOM is the defending champs. And we will be looking to field a very competitive team....

We have several people who played baseball in college, including myself.

We especially need females!

SM-UCLA tech said:
Tom....keep that glove warm then....there is an Annual Chicagoland Softball tournament thrown by Rush Medical School each year. It's huge, and a lot of fun. CCOM is the defending champs. And we will be looking to field a very competitive team....

We have several people who played baseball in college, including myself.

We especially need females!

Sounds good. I will be looking forward to that.

scubadiva = Cat

karen06 = Karen (23)

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

LLC 6th floor

Danielle = Danielle (25)

UT_DO_08 = Nilay (23)

jjstarkman = Joseph (25)
*Versailles

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

scubadiva = Cat

karen06 = Karen (23)

billygoat = Patrick (25)
**I live in wheaton now, only place I could find that allowed my puppy
I really have no idea how far away it is. I think 5 or 6 miles. The place is called briarcliffe. Missing Austin.
zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

LLC 6th floor

Danielle = Danielle (25)

UT_DO_08 = Nilay (23)

jjstarkman = Joseph (25)
*Versailles

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

I just moving all my stuff in and I am now thoroughly bored. If anyone else is in town just send me a meesage, I need a beer.

Patrick

billygoat said:
I just moving all my stuff in and I am now thoroughly bored. If anyone else is in town just send me a meesage, I need a beer.

Patrick

patrick, you are sooo lucky that you're done moving IN your stuff and are bored. I am STILL trying to configure a quarter of my things into my car. I'm leaving WAY more than I'm bringing with me. I have to wait a MONTH before I get the rest of my stuff! :eek: :scared: :laugh:

Anyway, I'm leaving today, and I can't wait to meet all of you! :thumbup: :D

Hey, I am new to this SDN thing. I see peeps are going to Buca's. Mind if I tag along? BTW, is anyone living in the covington apts? Pretty lonely here.

Does anyone on here like Sound Tribe Sector 9? STS9 is playing at the Vic Theater on Friday the 3rd. Tickets are about $20 but it should be a sweet show. Anyone interested let me know, cause I'll be going.

Check out www.sts9.com

:thumbup:

Hey, who will be movin in on Monday the 30th? :rolleyes: Is there anything on the 31st scheduled or is it a perfect opportunity for Beer and Brats :smuggrin:

Hey Mike, I'm moving in on the 30th. I am thinking of making a costco run on the 30th or 31st. Anyone else interested?

Monica, Andy, and Justin a Costco trip it is on Monday. I have a car if that will fit all four of us and hopefully an empty trunk shortly after getting there. I will probably be making a few trips to Costco and Target throughout the afternoon and of course a quick trip to the liquor store. UMMMMM, I'm excited :smuggrin: This whole keeping myself occupied and my mind off school isn't working real well. :laugh:

Sounds great. Oh, and if anyone wants some help moving their things in on Monday, I'll be in building C. PM me for the room number. See you soon.

YAY!!!! Med school costco run. Beer is a definite must. I have a card so we should be set up. MC7, if you could give me a ride, I's really ppretiate it, being how I don't have a car. I would be interested in target too. YAY! :thumbup:

Mc7 - where do you live??? My wife and I are in the campus apartments and have a car if anyone else needs a ride. We're in Apt 5C but won't have a phone until Monday or Tuesday - PM me your number so I can call you!!!! We arrived in Chicago today and are moving in tomorrow!!!!

YES!!! I am now in Illinois and I'll be moving in Monday. I'm am so excited. just a few days now!!

hey guys......it's getting close....

i just wanted to let you all know to plan on going to Riprocks on Thursday night. Some people from our class are planning on getting your class together to take you out there. On thursday nights they have $2.50 pitchers. :D

I am finally here!!! YAY! :thumbup:

Long @ss drive...whew...

Cat

scubadiva said:
I am finally here!!! YAY! :thumbup:

Long @ss drive...whew...

Cat

Cathy.....where are you now????? Call me....I can't get ahold of you.