Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its on a week from Friday. 1st interviews 09/17.
cbrons! Do you have the CCOM interview on 9/17? Me too! Are you from the chicago area of southern IL? I'm from chicago. See you there and good luck!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Its on a week from Friday. 1st interviews 09/17.
cbrons! Do you have the CCOM interview on 9/17? Me too! Are you from the chicago area of southern IL? I'm from chicago. See you there and good luck!
come on CCOM show me some love please
I just received my secondary today. Is the CV/resume required or just additional? I feel that I have included all my experiences on the AACOMAS application. I could make a CV and elaborate more on my research experience (3 years), but I included most of this info in the AACOMAS application. What do you guys think?
It's important. It's meant to be one page and what you would use if you were applying for a job. They want a summary of your experiences that fit to 1-2 pages as well as to determine you can put something like this together.
That is only true of a resume. CV's can be, and often are, much longer.
That is only true of a resume. CV's can be, and often are, much longer.
Very true, however at this point in our careers very few of us can meaningfully fill more than 2 pages. Point is DO NOT attempt to fluff your CV/resume, they go through way too many of these to be duped and you'll only be hurting yourself.
Exactly. Have you ever seen the CV of an accomplished Dr? They are often 5+ pages.
For example, Dr I worked for http://www.ocneurosurgery.com/massoudi_cv.htm
That is 6 pages single spaced if you put it in word. The more publications, experiences you've had, jobs you've held or conferences you've attended the longer your CV will be. FWIW, mine was ~1.5 pages when I submitted. When I attend AZCOM's interview I intend on supplying them with the updated one, which is now just over 2 pages.
if your CV isn't at least 5 pages, you shouldn't be applying to medical school!
Uhhh lol, they aren't looking for a five page, detailed CV. Mine was I resume format. Two pages Johnson. Name/contact info, research, extracurrics, and hobbies.
Uhhh lol, they aren't looking for a five page, detailed CV. Mine was I resume format. Two pages Johnson. Name/contact info, research, extracurrics, and hobbies.
Thanks for all the replies about the resume/CV. I'm now considering doing a 2 page resume rather than an extensive CV. The only thing I'm worried about is that it's going to be very similar to what I have in the AACOMAS application since I listed most all of my experiences in there. Are they only using this for closed file when they do interviews so it would be okay to use the material from my AACOMAS?
Interviews at ccom = closed file. They use resume for closed file.
so they don't get to see your personal statement either?
I think they have resume, secondary and PS.
Thank You!🙂TO: Elmnt, PlayUltimate15, rockclimbersher
Goodluck at your interview tomorrow 👍
the only thing they had at my interview was my cv and that was it.
good luck to all those coming for interviews tomorrow!!!
Thank You!🙂
I called today and the admissions lady said "You have a letter that will be going out in the mail soon."
This = rejection, doesn't it?
I called today and the admissions lady said "You have a letter that will be going out in the mail soon."
This = rejection, doesn't it?
are you already interviewed?I called today and the admissions lady said "You have a letter that will be going out in the mail soon."
This = rejection, doesn't it?
I called today and the admissions lady said "You have a letter that will be going out in the mail soon."
This = rejection, doesn't it?
it is a letter for an interview invite and not a rejection for youIll see ya there





all the best. You will do good.This is my first interview, so I'm gettin the nerves.
My mom woke up me this morning, saying, "It's nine o-clock." And I went into freak-out mode going, "Nine o'clock??!!! NINE O'CLOCK??!!!!!" And then she goes, "Uhhh its Thursday...."
I drove home last night instead of Thursday morning like I had originally planned since DG is close to home so for some reason this morning I had it in my head that it was Friday already. Felt like a total idiot.
But overall I'm pumped.
CCOM interview went very well.
This is my #1 choice. I met a lot of real high-caliber, top-notch people and we had a real good experience together. I hope we all get in.
+1 on everything you said. Except that I got 3 ethics questions! Nice meeting you in person.
+1 on everything you said. Except that I got 3 ethics questions! Nice meeting you in person.
Good luck dude! As you're finding out, it's a harrowing process. Sounds like it went well though.
Yeah, PlayUltimate had the very last interview so they saved all the fire power for her. Me being the very 1st one, I didn't get asked any. I had a good time in my interview. It was more or less a 30 minute chat with me asking almost as many questions as them.
I was real surprised also how nice the medical students were. They came into the room where we were sitting (I wanna say ~25 of them cycled through there in the span of 2.5 hours) and went around answering questions. As far as atmosphere, I don't think you'll find a friendlier one anywhere.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.