CCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

Started by cbrons
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was everyone who got interview in-state?

Don't think it was the high stats that got first interviews. 3.9sGPA and 32O MCAT here with no interview.

I don't think it has to do with only stats. uGPA 3.05, gGPA 3.90, 31Q and I got an invite. I'm from MI.


closed file, they will only have your cv/resume in front of them

as far as decisions it depends on when in the month you interview. the adcom meets towards the end of the month so if you interview at the start it could be closer to a month before you hear whereas if you interview at the end of the month you will not have as long of a wait. but if you interview after they meet at the end of the month then you have around a 5-6 week wait 😱

Is it group or individual? The SDN interview feedback is split between one-on-one and group, so I'm wondering if it's more group interviews towards the beginning of the season or something like that, or if it's just random.
 
Was everyone who got interview in-state?

Don't think it was the high stats that got first interviews. 3.9sGPA and 32O MCAT here with no interview.

No it wasn't only IS, my name and my avatar may not give it away but I happen to be from the great state of Florida :laugh:
 
Hey Guys:

Congrads on those of you who got an interview. I was out of town and didn't have internet. Just got the e-mail that was sent out on the 19th yesterday. But I can't access the link they sent me in the e-mail to schedule for interview. Both links in the e-mail doesn't' work for me. Is it because it's the weekend and the site is down?

I am worried at this point, seems like everyone else didn't have a problem going to the links to schedule for an interview. Please help me!

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys:

Congrads on those of you who got an interview. I was out of town and didn't have internet. Just got the e-mail that was sent out on the 19th yesterday. But I can't access the link they sent me in the e-mail to schedule for interview. Both links in the e-mail doesn't' work for me. Is it because it's the weekend and the site is down?

I am worried at this point, seems like everyone else didn't have a problem going to the links to schedule for an interview. Please help me!

Thanks

It's not just you. I believe the site is down for temporary maintenance. It will probably be back up tonight or tomorrow.
 
I'm a slow poke in getting these secondaries in...but I am so hesitant to send it in because I feel like I'm bs-ing why I think CCOM is the school for me. Did anyone else feel this way?
 
Is it group or individual? The SDN interview feedback is split between one-on-one and group, so I'm wondering if it's more group interviews towards the beginning of the season or something like that, or if it's just random.

you have a group that is with you for the day but your actual interview is you and the 3 people so one on one
hope that makes sense 🙂
 
I am... Surprised they still had slots available for that day. Prob gunna be a big group. Hey momma do you know how big the interview groups are?

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

hmm....i want to say aout 12-15 people in one interview group. or at least that was the case in mine, which was in january. maybe they are bigger earlier :shrug:
 
any idea of the percent interviewed who get accepted? I get worried when ever I find out they have a lot of big group interview dates. :scared: haha
 
any idea of the percent interviewed who get accepted? I get worried when ever I find out they have a lot of big group interview dates. :scared: haha


Well I tried to do a little searching around SDN and this is what I have found. From the 2008-2009 thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=6824703&postcount=38 (these numbers are from 2003 though, acceptance rate of 73.6%)
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=6745939&postcount=13 (70%)

From 2009-2010 thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=8804900&postcount=304 (~50%)
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=8535170&postcount=74 (50%)

So it looks like the acceptance percentage has lowered recently.... which sucks, if these numbers are all accurate. lol
 
Hey all,
I'll also be interviewing on 9/21. woot! can't wait to visit campus 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any idea of the percent interviewed who get accepted? I get worried when ever I find out they have a lot of big group interview dates. :scared: haha

at orientation i think they said they had 5000 applications this year for 200 spots so that would be about 4% matriculation
but not everyone who is accepted goes there, some decide to go to state schools etc
 
Anyone else having trouble falling asleep lately? I know my interview is more than 3 weeks away, but thinking about how important it is makes me so nervous. I really want to become a physician at ccom and I hope I can convey this. Ahhhhhhhhhh I have butterflies already!
 
Anyone applying feel free to PM with any questions or concerns! Ill try to get back to you as soon as I can too. Best of luck to you all
 
7/22

I will just sit and be jealous and hope my email comes in the next batch.

I am also hoping to be in the next batch, I just hope the next batch is soon! Last year's thread the invites seemed pretty infrequent. I hope they send invites at least once a week!
 
Sorryif this has been asked a bunch, i am at work and just got the secondary. Anyone see aproblem with using the same exact essays as I did for AZCOM?
 
So this might be a bit anal of me, but I was reading over my CCOM essay to see how to prepare for my interview and I noticed one sentence that I didn't even finish!! I remember I was in the process of adding in an idea but started shifting things around to fit the character limit and forgot about the sentence that I left hanging. I'm really glad to be offered an interview, but is this going to come back and haunt me when they're choosing people to admit or do I just need to take one of my roommate's Xanax??
 
So this might be a bit anal of me, but I was reading over my CCOM essay to see how to prepare for my interview and I noticed one sentence that I didn't even finish!! I remember I was in the process of adding in an idea but started shifting things around to fit the character limit and forgot about the sentence that I left hanging. I'm really glad to be offered an interview, but is this going to come back and haunt me when they're choosing people to admit or do I just need to take one of my roommate's Xanax??

Simply put, Yes I would worry!
 
So this might be a bit anal of me, but I was reading over my CCOM essay to see how to prepare for my interview and I noticed one sentence that I didn't even finish!! I remember I was in the process of adding in an idea but started shifting things around to fit the character limit and forgot about the sentence that I left hanging. I'm really glad to be offered an interview, but is this going to come back and haunt me when they're choosing people to admit or do I just need to take one of my roommate's Xanax??

You should relax either way. Worrying isn't going to change anything. You got an interview so I'm sure you're fine. Next time re-read before submission. This isn't a rough draft of a middle school book report Johnson.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
 
Simply put, Yes I would worry!

I agree....I am worried for you!

haha. some of the things people post...I don't mean to be a jerk but does asking a bunch of strangers about your mistake really clear your mind? They gave you an interview, if they don't accept you because you forgot a few words, then, well, they won't. If you get rejected it will be because of something else, not that you will get rejected...

I didn't mean to sound negative but this issue could have been solved with 5 minutes of self reflection. :cry:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
those of you getting interviews... is it through email or do they actually call you? and also how long after you submitted your secondaries did you get an interview?
 
Did you all send just the two required letters, or did you also include some additional ones? Will they accept more than two?
 
those of you getting interviews... is it through email or do they actually call you? and also how long after you submitted your secondaries did you get an interview?

they sent an email with details about the interview and asked you to choose the date. i submitted my app 8/11. get the inviting email 8/19
 
There's a kid in my class who says his brother is a 3rd year and a bunch of his friends go to ccom. Small world. They say they love it.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
 
Thanks for your responses on the letters. I apparently misread required as only, so I just submitted two. I might contact the admissions office to see if I can add more to my file.

Aaahhh, all the waiting, wondering, and hoping could kill a person!!
 
Thanks for your responses on the letters. I apparently misread required as only, so I just submitted two. I might contact the admissions office to see if I can add more to my file.

Aaahhh, all the waiting, wondering, and hoping could kill a person!!

You can always add a letter to your file. However some schools have a limit so just give the admissions office a call and ask them about it. The administration is really great here and are happy to help.
 
So this might be a bit anal of me, but I was reading over my CCOM essay to see how to prepare for my interview and I noticed one sentence that I didn't even finish!! I remember I was in the process of adding in an idea but started shifting things around to fit the character limit and forgot about the sentence that I left hanging. I'm really glad to be offered an interview, but is this going to come back and haunt me when they're choosing people to admit or do I just need to take one of my roommate's Xanax??

Lol, well you should definitely address it. It does show a bit of carelessness on your part but these things happen from time to time. I applied to 30 schools and just by way of electronic errors I had a few some minor errors. As long as you address it if they bring it up you'll be fine.

Also you could probably just call the administration office, explain the situation, and send them a new CORRECT essay. Like I said earlier people here aren't hell-bent on details that don't matter (for the most part😉).
 
So this might be a bit anal of me, but I was reading over my CCOM essay to see how to prepare for my interview and I noticed one sentence that I didn't even finish!! I remember I was in the process of adding in an idea but started shifting things around to fit the character limit and forgot about the sentence that I left hanging. I'm really glad to be offered an interview, but is this going to come back and haunt me when they're choosing people to admit or do I just need to take one of my roommate's Xanax??

I totally agree with TeamZissou on this. You should speak to the administration and send them a new essay. And don't worry too much since they already decide to interview you.
 
Thanks for your responses on the letters. I apparently misread required as only, so I just submitted two. I might contact the admissions office to see if I can add more to my file.

Aaahhh, all the waiting, wondering, and hoping could kill a person!!

I called them before I submitted my secondary and the woman I talked to said 4 is about the max amount she would suggest sending. Too many would be overkill and I guess they may not look at that too favorably? Although, some of you said you sent in 6 so it's not set in stone, but just remember send in as many as you think may help you, not just all the letters you have.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent my whole committee packet.. probably was not a good idea, though I'm not sure I can just mix and match committee letters
 
I called them before I submitted my secondary and the woman I talked to said 4 is about the max amount she would suggest sending. Too many would be overkill and I guess they may not look at that too favorably? Although, some of you said you sent in 6 so it's not set in stone, but just remember send in as many as you think may help you, not just all the letters you have.

So helpful! Thanks!!