CCOM February/March interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xTinaBna

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a thread for everyone excited about their upcoming interviews :) i interviewed last week and I'm really really hoping it works out for the best! anyone else interviewing soon at ccom?

good luck to everyone!!! :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Feb 16. I'm pretty pumped. It got to a point where I thought I'd never hear from them.

Feb 16. I'm pretty pumped. It got to a point where I thought I'd never hear from them.

i know what you mean, i didn't hear anything from them for several months then i was on the interview waitlist, then they called me for an interview 2 weeks later...i interviewed less than 24 hrs after they called me :oops: good luck on the 16th! dress warm!

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys mind posting ur stats, thanks, gluck

Just curious, when did they notify you of the Feb interview?

Has anyone figured out why CCOM is so slow? I've read multiple threads about this exact same topic. I've already had interviews and been accepted at other schools but haven't heard anything back from CCOM though my app has been complete for months. I virtually certain I wouldn't have been screened out due to my stats. I would really like to go down and check out the campus. What the hell is going on down there?

Has anyone figured out why CCOM is so slow? I've read multiple threads about this exact same topic. I've already had interviews and been accepted at other schools but haven't heard anything back from CCOM though my app has been complete for months. I virtually certain I wouldn't have been screened out due to my stats. I would really like to go down and check out the campus. What the hell is going on down there?

i didnt hear a peep for 3 months..maybe try calling or using the Interact Now counselor conference. That counselor conference is set up with the director of admissions so maybe he could help? at the interview i went too, they said they had ~4500 aacomas apps and counting and altogether interview about 450-475ish..its probably just a busy time in general :luck:

Your post gives me some hope cbenedic. I actually just got an email back from CCOM telling me that they have everything but are just waiting to review it. I heard back from alot of other schools much sooner. Does CCOM get alot more applicants than DMU or KCOM? Or do they just go over verything with a fine tooth comb?

Your post gives me some hope cbenedic. I actually just got an email back from CCOM telling me that they have everything but are just waiting to review it. I heard back from alot of other schools much sooner. Does CCOM get alot more applicants than DMU or KCOM? Or do they just go over verything with a fine tooth comb?

hmm i dont know much about dmu or kcom...i'm assuming they get about the same # applicants across the board since there are so many more pre-meds applying these days. hopefully it works out for you tho!

and good luck to DocOB next week, i felt the interview was pretty relaxed..bring a hat and gloves :)

Just curious, when did they notify you of the Feb interview?

I got the letter right about the end of January, probably the last week. Then they have you log on to this website and choose from available interview dates. Good luck :luck:

i called the office today and looks like the adcom is going to meet at the end of next week....anyone else counting down the days? :)

To the people yet to interview at CCOM:

Its cold!!! You walk outside quite a bit. Lately temps have been averaging around 10.

I am 99% sure about coming to CCOM this fall. Sent in matriculation....

does anyone know if CCOM has scribe service/mp3 lecture recordings/powerpoints/notes for students to review lectures?

Members don't see this ad :)

does anyone know if CCOM has scribe service/mp3 lecture recordings/powerpoints/notes for students to review lectures?

At my interview the students said they had notepacks so they have all the notes they'll ever need for class before the quarter starts and they just take notes on those. i believe they said the notes are also available online as well.:thumbup:

*bump*

looks like this is the big decision week..i think us february interviewees should be hearing by friday at the earliest. anyone else anxious to hear? :) good luck to everyone!! :luck:

I just interviewed on Feb 16 and they told us the adcom wouldn't be meeting for three weeks. Maybe it's just because we missed this one that you all are talking about, I don't know.

I just interviewed on Feb 16 and they told us the adcom wouldn't be meeting for three weeks. Maybe it's just because we missed this one that you all are talking about, I don't know.

wow really? i interviewed 2/1 and they said 3 weeks back then! hmmm...when i called the office they said the adcom is meeting towards the end of this upcoming week...i would think that you would be included in this group as well. how did your interview go DocOB? :)

wow really? i interviewed 2/1 and they said 3 weeks back then! hmmm...when i called the office they said the adcom is meeting towards the end of this upcoming week...i would think that you would be included in this group as well. how did your interview go DocOB? :)

Best interview I have had so far. We were laughing and joking a lot of the time. Very relaxed. When I was given the ethical question of what I might do to fix the problem with uninsured people and what not, I busted out some Chapelle, which was risky I know, but it paid off. "I'd just give everybody a fake ID to Canada." They laughed so hard that I never even had to answer the question for real, we just kind of moved on to other things. All in all it was a good day, and based on my interview I feel good about my chances. Oh yeah, did I mention I loved the school. It was great.

My only guess is that maybe they are meeting this week, but just won't get to our files, so we'll be in the next batch. That's ok though, I've waited this long.

i really hope all of you get accepted!!

Best interview I have had so far. We were laughing and joking a lot of the time. Very relaxed. When I was given the ethical question of what I might do to fix the problem with uninsured people and what not, I busted out some Chapelle, which was risky I know, but it paid off. "I'd just give everybody a fake ID to Canada." They laughed so hard that I never even had to answer the question for real, we just kind of moved on to other things. All in all it was a good day, and based on my interview I feel good about my chances. Oh yeah, did I mention I loved the school. It was great.

My only guess is that maybe they are meeting this week, but just won't get to our files, so we'll be in the next batch. That's ok though, I've waited this long.

yeah I agree. My CCOM interview went a lot better than my PCOM and WVSOM interviews. It was extremely conversational with interesting questions.

it's nearing the end of the week...:) i'm leaving for miami for the weekend tomorrow..hopefully CCOM will make my vacation a great one:thumbup:

it's nearing the end of the week...:) i'm leaving for miami for the weekend tomorrow..hopefully CCOM will make my vacation a great one:thumbup:

Good Luck!!! They called me on Friday afternoon. I hope you gave them your cell number..lol

Marcia

I'm interviewing on March 6th. CCOM was originally my top choice, but now I'm having some second thoughts. First off their tution is about $10,000 more a year then any other school I'm interviewing at. Second, I've been to some schools with non-traditional curriculums and the traditional 8hrs of lecture a day at CCOM is starting to sound less appealing. When do they have time to study? Who knows maybe I'll like it better once I visit.

I'm interviewing on March 6th. CCOM was originally my top choice, but now I'm having some second thoughts. First off their tution is about $10,000 more a year then any other school I'm interviewing at. Second, I've been to some schools with non-traditional curriculums and the traditional 8hrs of lecture a day at CCOM is starting to sound less appealing. When do they have time to study? Who knows maybe I'll like it better once I visit.

I agree that you might like it better once you visit. I interviewed on Feb. 16 and wasn't really wild about their curriculum at all prior to my visit. One I got there though, it seemed really efficient. All of you exams for each quarter are planned from the beginning and you have all of your notes for your classes, so if you are the type that doesn't like to go, then don't. You can just study on your own time.

Just make sure you go into it with an open mind and you'll do well. The day was rather fun, and the interview itself was very laid back. Just be ready to answer an ethical question perhaps.

Does anyone know anything about proving residency for tuition. I grew up in Chicago, but went to college in Missouri and have been living there for 1.5 years post-graduation. So I'm not sure that I can considered for in-state tuition anymore. I knew someone who was in the same situation last year while applying to allopathic schools and they wouldn't let her pay in-state for Illinois. If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate your thoughts. I e-mailed the school about it, but they bounced my e-mail to someone who never responded.

CCOM......slowest.....school.....on......the.......planet.......

Does anyone know anything about proving residency for tuition. I grew up in Chicago, but went to college in Missouri and have been living there for 1.5 years post-graduation. So I'm not sure that I can considered for in-state tuition anymore. I knew someone who was in the same situation last year while applying to allopathic schools and they wouldn't let her pay in-state for Illinois. If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate your thoughts. I e-mailed the school about it, but they bounced my e-mail to someone who never responded.

Have you interviewed yet? At the interview, you fill out a residency form, and at that time you'll be able to indicate that. If you wanted to find out right away, I would try calling the financial aid office. They will likely know all of the residency rules.

no and no. But the class lecture notes that you buy cover about everything

are the lecture notes posted on the website by any chance??

We have to purchase the notes? Tuition is $40,000 a year...that makes me kind of mad.

Someone told me that we would get a copy from our Big Brother/Sister????

Marcia

Have you interviewed yet? At the interview, you fill out a residency form, and at that time you'll be able to indicate that. If you wanted to find out right away, I would try calling the financial aid office. They will likely know all of the residency rules.

I guess I'll just wait 'till the interview, since the financial aid office is being un-responsive. Thanks for the info, though.

Someone told me that we would get a copy from our Big Brother/Sister????

Marcia

Some people may have, but if the may make changes to the notes from year to year, so passed down notes really aren't of much benefit. Besides the notes usually range from $8-40 dollars. A large range, i know, but its much cheaper than textbooks.

You will hopefully get a testfile from your big brother/sister, assuming they got one.

anyone know if ccom is calling people today to notify acceptances? i've been checking my voicemail... :)

anyone know if ccom is calling people today to notify acceptances? i've been checking my voicemail... :)

Not sure, but FWIW I got my call on Tuesday the week after they met for the Dec cycle.
Keeping my fingers crossed 4 u. :luck:

CCOM......slowest.....school.....on......the.......planet.......

I have to agree with you, and it has kinda changed my view of the school. I have been complete for over 3 months and keep getting the same end around that my app is under review and that they will let me know when they have come to a decision. How long does it take them to decide if they want to interview me? They should be able to tell the first time they look at my app. The other 5 schools that offered me interviews let me know within 2-3 weeks of my file being complete.

I have to agree with you, and it has kinda changed my view of the school. I have been complete for over 3 months and keep getting the same end around that my app is under review and that they will let me know when they have come to a decision. How long does it take them to decide if they want to interview me? They should be able to tell the first time they look at my app. The other 5 schools that offered me interviews let me know within 2-3 weeks of my file being complete.
Between you and me, Harvey, I think I'm happier at where I ended up anyways, and I would imagine you are also.

Between you and me, Harvey, I think I'm happier at where I ended up anyways, and I would imagine you are also.

Yeah I am very happy. While CCOM is 5min from my house, I was never super impressed by their program as I was by DMU, KCUMB and KCOM when I was applying. It seems CCOM plays a lot off the fact that they are located "in Chicago". I also wasn't that impressed with their curriculum. Seems like they are a decade behind some of the more progressive programs which see a need to change the way medicine is taught in the 21st century.

Seems like they are a decade behind some of the more progressive programs which see a need to change the way medicine is taught in the 21st century.

I agree. CCOM was my top choice because I'm from the suburbs of Chicago, but after visiting some schools with non-traditional models, their curriculum seems a little dated. On the plus side, they seems to devote a lot more of their curriculum to Psychiatry than other schools (6 courses). A lot say they believe in "mind, body, and spirit", but if you look at their curriculums, its all body. Its important to be able to deal with social-behavioral factors in addition to physical health.

Not sure, but FWIW I got my call on Tuesday the week after they met for the Dec cycle.
Keeping my fingers crossed 4 u. :luck:

Thanks so much :) no phone call today..i'm hoping tomorrow is a better day ;) if any SDNers get a call this week, please post on this thread! :luck:

i was checking my voicemail at work and i just got a call from ccom saying i'm in!!!!! i'm sooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

hey just wanted everyone still waiting on a decision or waitlisted to know i just declined my offer to go there...hope it opens up a spot for one of you all...good luck

i was checking my voicemail at work and i just got a call from ccom saying i'm in!!!!! i'm sooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Congrats and welcome to the c/o 2011!! :clap:
Have you finished jumping up and down, screaming, and calling everyone you know?? Or was I the only one who did that?

Congrats and welcome to the c/o 2011!! :clap:
Have you finished jumping up and down, screaming, and calling everyone you know?? Or was I the only one who did that?

i'm at work so i jumped a little bit at my desk :) i plan on screaming when i get in my car in a few hrs...:D i'm so happy!!!!!!!

i'm at work so i jumped a little bit at my desk :) i plan on screaming when i get in my car in a few hrs...:D i'm so happy!!!!!!!

Hey congrats cbenedic! :thumbup: If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview? I interviewed on 1/31, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Congrats!!!!! and :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I am so happy that it all worked out! I will see you in few months! July 30 to be exact.

Marcia

Hey congrats cbenedic! :thumbup: If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview? I interviewed on 1/31, but I haven't heard anything yet.

2/1....i really hope they are calling others today!! i'll cross my fingers for you :luck: :luck:

I didn't get a phone call:(