CCOM February/March interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i was checking my voicemail at work and i just got a call from ccom saying i'm in!!!!! i'm sooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Cbenedic!!

thank you thank you thank you for all the congrats!! :)

Hey guys,
Just got my phone call this afternoon. I am in at CCOM. It has been my first choice. Congrats to you all on making it.

Where are people living this coming year? I am trying to get a good list of living options. By the way, see everyone that is attending in August:D

Where are people living this coming year? I am trying to get a good list of living options. By the way, see everyone that is attending in August:D

What is everyone thinking??!!!!!:eek:

CCOM is not all it's cracked up to be. It's in Chicago, prpbably the worst possible weather ever. And you're not even in Chicago actually, just some crappy suburb called Downers Grove. Seriously, you all could do much better. First choice, ha!! :laugh:

What is everyone thinking??!!!!!:eek:

CCOM is not all it's cracked up to be. It's in Chicago, prpbably the worst possible weather ever. And you're not even in Chicago actually, just some crappy suburb called Downers Grove. Seriously, you all could do much better. First choice, ha!! :laugh:

This is your third post in a row bashing CCOM. I can't imagine why anybody would be so hateful towards a school unless they had been rejected or waitlisted. We like CCOM. Stop being a hater.

This is your third post in a row bashing CCOM. I can't imagine why anybody would be so hateful towards a school unless they had been rejected or waitlisted. We like CCOM. Stop being a hater.
I have something to add here. First off, I do believe gynolicious (my god, what a name) is hating on CCOM for unbeknownst reasons. To add my 2 cents, I do have a gripe with CCOM. The manner in which they have handled my app has been disappointing. I have good stats and EC's. I got into my top choice DO school but would have at least liked to come down and see CCOM for an interview. I have heard not a peep from CCOM for, literally, months now. Every time I email or call I get the same BS response. If I was invited for an interview at CCOM at this point I would be torn as to whether or not to accept.

I think he is jealous because we have Brian Urlacher!:laugh:

CCOM is not all it's cracked up to be. It's in Chicago, prpbably the worst possible weather ever. And you're not even in Chicago actually, just some crappy suburb called Downers Grove. Seriously, you all could do much better. First choice, ha!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
i think gynolicious is trying to mess up my happy little thread ...

I have something to add here. First off, I do believe gynolicious (my god, what a name) is hating on CCOM for unbeknownst reasons. To add my 2 cents, I do have a gripe with CCOM. The manner in which they have handled my app has been disappointing. I have good stats and EC's. I got into my top choice DO school but would have at least liked to come down and see CCOM for an interview. I have heard not a peep from CCOM for, literally, months now. Every time I email or call I get the same BS response. If I was invited for an interview at CCOM at this point I would be torn as to whether or not to accept.

That's a totally valid gripe. However, CCOM isn't the only school guilty of leaving applicants hanging. For every person who hears back from any school the week after their secondary is complete, there's another who doesn't hear anything all cycle. I got a very quick response from CCOM and a few others. There are some schools, however, that I still haven't heard ANYTHING from.

That's a totally valid gripe. However, CCOM isn’t the only school guilty of leaving applicants hanging. For every person who hears back from any school the week after their secondary is complete, there’s another who doesn't hear anything all cycle. I got a very quick response from CCOM and a few others. There are some schools, however, that I still haven't heard ANYTHING from.
I know, just venting a little bit I guess. I'm just a little confused at what happened. I was genuinely interested in CCOM and thought that I had portrayed that. I'm not trying to sound like a million of the other sob stories here on SDN b/c I did get into medical school, just trying to make sense of my situation.

I know, just venting a little bit I guess. I'm just a little confused at what happened. I was genuinely interested in CCOM and thought that I had portrayed that. I'm not trying to sound like a million of the other sob stories here on SDN b/c I did get into medical school, just trying to make sense of my situation.

I totally wasn't trying to call you out. Just felt it needed to be said the CCOM wasn't the only one.

It seems like most schools have an in-state bias. It could be as simple as that. Do you live in IL? According to US News, CCOM received 2 times more in-state applications than DMU (and had fewer spots to fill).

I don't think anyone can satisfactory explain of the complete randomness that is the medical school admissions process. Be careful not to over think it, your head might explode (I wish there were a smiley for that one). :D :D

I totally wasn't trying to call you out. Just felt it needed to be said the CCOM wasn't the only one.

It seems like most schools have an in-state bias. It could be as simple as that. Do you live in IL? According to US News, CCOM received 2 times more in-state applications than DMU (and had fewer spots to fill).

I don't think anyone can provide a satisfactory explanation of the complete randomness that is the medical school admissions process. Be careful not to over think it, your head might explode (I wish there were a smiley for that one). :D :D

i agree with the randomness...i'm an IL resident and it took 3 months after being complete to get a notice saying i was on the interview waitlist then 2 more weeks until i got an interview, then almost 4 weeks to find out that i got in...but i can tell you it was well worth the wait :)

For those of you who have already interviewed, I heard they have you fill out a residency form, what questions do they ask about residency? I'm from Chicago, but I lived in Missourri 1.5 years after graduation from college, so I paranoid they'll charge me out-of-state tuition.

For those of you who have already interviewed, I heard they have you fill out a residency form, what questions do they ask about residency? I'm from Chicago, but I lived in Missourri 1.5 years after graduation from college, so I paranoid they'll charge me out-of-state tuition.

The form basically has a checkbox that asks if you are from IL or not. If not, you sign at the bottom. If so, you fill out a bunch of stuff saying how long you've lived there and where and then you sign. I have no idea if they just take your word for it or look into if you qualify based on your answers. My guess would be they don't care because you signed your name to the form and the state covers the difference in cost, not the school.

Anyone got a snail mail lately (aside from the folks who also received the phone call)? I just spoke to an admissions lady on the phone and she just said that a letter was mailed out on 2/26. Since she wouldn't tell me if it was an acceptance letter or not, I am really afraid that I didn't get in. :(

Does anyone know if they send acceptance letters but don't call or if they always call for acceptances and then mail the letter?

Anyone got a snail mail lately (aside from the folks who also received the phone call)? I just spoke to an admissions lady on the phone and she just said that a letter was mailed out on 2/26. Since she wouldn't tell me if it was an acceptance letter or not, I am really afraid that I didn't get in. :(

don't worry just yet :) i was told that they dont call everyone who has been accepted. i've also read on sdn before of students who didn't get a call but got an acceptance letter via snail mail. keep your hopes up :luck:

don't worry just yet :) i was told that they dont call everyone who has been accepted. i've also read on sdn before of students who didn't get a call but got an acceptance letter via snail mail. keep your hopes up :luck:

Thanks cbenedic. It just sucks that it's been more than a month now since the interview and I still don't know what the deal is. I really liked CCOM and would love to go there. Please let me in!!! :luck:

Just received the rejection letter in the mail today. Oh well. Life goes on. Good luck to those who are still waiting! :luck:

Just received the rejection letter in the mail today. Oh well. Life goes on. Good luck to those who are still waiting! :luck:

Sorry to hear that, Reinhard. :(
Hang in there!! :luck:

i'm sorry too :( do you have other prospectives that u are interested in?

hi guys..i interviewed at ccom in december and got put on the waitlist...
i'm thinking i only got an interview b/c a family member of mine went to school their...i got a 21 on the mcats
bio 8
phys sciences 9
verbal 4

and my gpa is only 3.39...

anybody have advice on what i can do to possibly get off the waitlist and improve my chances...this is my first time applying to med schools...

i just pm'd u :) if you got the interview, i sincerely believe they are past the numbers. i've heard that a decent amount get pulled from the waitlist... dont give up yet! :) :luck:

The admissions commitee only meets once at the end of the month! No wonder they're so slow.

Congrats to everyone accepted to CCOM! :thumbup: For those still waiting, hang in there, it's not over!

Hey cbenedic, "wolverine for life" here too :D

CCOM Class of 2011 :)

they make you submit proof of residency before matriculation. its one of the required documents along with all the vaccine shiz due.
what did you live there for? if i were you, i would never mention not living in IL.
one girl on my tour lived in IL her whole life, but was now married and lived in FL the past 2 years, and she was going to be changed oos tuition if accepted.
sure the money 'comes from the state' but its also more money in their pocket if you pay oos...