CCOM Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And did they do this last year too?

Members don't see this ad.

i've been complete since 10/4 and still have not heard anything..i thought i would at least get an interview..i have a 29 and a 3.7

to be honest, i have about a 3.1 and a 24S .

I have a ton of extracurrics and Lor's, and will be finishing my M.S at a high tier university this coming summer, so i think that helps.

i have friends with 3.4 / 32's who have been complete since July and have not heard a thing..CCOM is weird about this stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey orange, did you interview with me on 9/26?

nah Tanner,

I got the PRE interview waitlist unfortunately, so no interview for me ..:-/

what are the chances for acceptance after you have an interview? I interviewed 10/29 and won't find out until Thanksgiving at the earliest.

i think chances are pretty good Neo..

from what i remember from CCOM's open house, once u get an interview, your foot is in the door, you just have to step in.
basically, they said if you are polite, genuine, and know ur stuff for the interview you should be fine...

HOWEVER, things seem to be kind of wacky this year as a lot of good applicants are getting waitlisted or alternate listed post interview, so i'm not sure.

make sure you provide CCOM with a letter of update or intent or both, this is something their adcom welcomes, and will probably help you out. :thumbup:

thanks for the optimism orangr85! I really hope everything works out for me and you!

thanks neo, i hope it works out too.

to those on the pre interview waitlist:

i talked to an admissions counselor a few minutes ago, and she basically told me this : "you will be contacted if spots open up"

this was kind of vague, so i asked her "is the waitlist based on merit, or a first come first serve basis?, ie, is the person who got waitlisted first contacted first, or is the person with the highest gpa contacted first? or is the person who shows the most interest contacted first?"

and again, she said "you will be contacted if spots open up".

thanks neo, i hope it works out too.

to those on the pre interview waitlist:

i talked to an admissions counselor a few minutes ago, and she basically told me this : "you will be contacted if spots open up"

this was kind of vague, so i asked her "is the waitlist based on merit, or a first come first serve basis?, ie, is the person who got waitlisted first contacted first, or is the person with the highest gpa contacted first? or is the person who shows the most interest contacted first?"

and again, she said "you will be contacted if spots open up".

Lol that's a ton of help...

I wonder what the likelihood is of getting taken off this list. I don't believe they did this last year, I wonder what' gotten into them this year..

at the interview they said something about alot of people getting in off the waitlist, but I think they were talking about the post-interview waitlist but I'm not sure... after the 12/14 deadline Im sure a ton of spots are going to open up.

Tanner, correct me if i'm wrong, but after 12/14 wont it be tougher to get a spot ( for an interview or an acceptance ) due to the high volume of applicants? especially the scramble of MD kids with higher stats trying to squeeze into D.O schools last minute?

Lol that's a ton of help...

I wonder what the likelihood is of getting taken off this list. I don't believe they did this last year, I wonder what' gotten into them this year..

they did do this last year, however, they are doing it a LOT more this year. last year it seemed like they interviewed and accepted a lot of people until december, and the waitlists started piling up AFTER then...i dont really know why they went so "waitlist" crazy this early in the cycle. as i've mentioned once before, i heard a little rumor that they are waiting for those december Allopathic kids to apply with the higher numbers....:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Tanner, correct me if i'm wrong, but after 12/14 wont it be tougher to get a spot ( for an interview or an acceptance ) due to the high volume of applicants? especially the scramble of MD kids with higher stats trying to squeeze into D.O schools last minute?
well not many people have been getting interviews lately (at least on sdn) and a bunch just got accepted. They need to fill the class size, so depending on the results of the 12/14 deadline, they may give a lot more interviews (if not many make the deposit) or be a lot more selective on canidates (if most people do make a deposit). I wouldn't worry too much about md kids just applying, but most people think that there is a large number of applicants in the pool around now. No one can tell you for sure, but don't give up hope. Update your application if it changes in december/january and hope for the best. :luck::luck::luck:

I interviewed at CCOM last week. I think i did well and got a really good feeling after my interview. in fact, the last thing my interviewer said was "we would love to have you here." Someone told me that about 75% of the people who interview end up getting an acceptance. I'm a little worried because my mcat isn't that great and a lot of qualified people, this year and last, are put on a alternative list post-interview (even people who interviewed early!). CCOM is def. my #1 choice! what should I do during this waiting time?

Send wonderful thank-you notes to your interviewers and the girls in the admissions office who helped you through the day. E-mail the adcom once a week if there is any news/updates, no matter how small.

Then, sit back and pray or whatever it is you do to get you through.

they did do this last year, however, they are doing it a LOT more this year. last year it seemed like they interviewed and accepted a lot of people until december, and the waitlists started piling up AFTER then...i dont really know why they went so "waitlist" crazy this early in the cycle. as i've mentioned once before, i heard a little rumor that they are waiting for those december Allopathic kids to apply with the higher numbers....:thumbdown:

Do you know if a lot of people came off of it last year? Who even knows anymore, this process can be so frustrating sometimes.

when is the admissions committee meeting next?

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows what the facts are about getting acceptance after a CCOM interview. I will be interviewing soon, but I have a bad MCAT but almost perfect GPA and a lot of extra-volunteering activities and stuff. CCOM wouldn't make me interview if they weren't interested, or if they were going to reject me because of my MCAT, would they???

I had a interview there on 10/29, and what they said when we were interviewing was that the next meeting would be sometime during the middle of november. I think I remember them saying we would hear something around thanksgiving or there after.

I had a interview there on 10/29, and what they said when we were interviewing was that the next meeting would be sometime during the middle of november. I think I remember them saying we would hear something around thanksgiving or there after.
:luck: You sure kicked the MCAT BS!

thanks! :luck::luck::luck::luck: hopefully it will lead to something other than another waitlist!

yay..i finally got an interview today!!!

i called CCOM again today to ask about this "pre interview waitlist" stuff...still nothing but the typical "we will inform you when spots open up". They almost make it sound like they dont have any more interview spots open, and that as soon as they get one they will call us...when in reality i think this waitlist is somewhat of a

"we'll put you in the so-so pile, and if we dont get applicants we think are better, we will give u an interview" kind of thing..thoughts?:confused:

i called CCOM again today to ask about this "pre interview waitlist" stuff...still nothing but the typical "we will inform you when spots open up". They almost make it sound like they dont have any more interview spots open, and that as soon as they get one they will call us...when in reality i think this waitlist is somewhat of a

"we'll put you in the so-so pile, and if we dont get applicants we think are better, we will give u an interview" kind of thing..thoughts?:confused:

I totally agree, becasue saying "When spots open up" makes it sound like the class size is already filled and they arent even interviewing anymore when we all know that couldnt be further from the truth. I'm with you on the so-so pile. It's like they're doing the wait and see if they can get something better, otherwise they'll have to "settle". Arg...

The preinterview waitlist grrr! I truly know how you all feeel. I was there last year, this year I am an MS1 at CCOM. I called and spoke with an admissions counselor, and asked what I could do to improve my chances of getting off this waitlist, she said send in grade updates, or anything really that shows how much I want to attend CCOM. I asked about a Letter of Intent and she said yes that would help. I got a call a few days later for an interview then I was accepted a couple of weeks later. So this waitlist is not a No from CCOM. Just let them know that are really interested.

Marcia

The preinterview waitlist grrr! I truly know how you all feeel. I was there last year, this year I am an MS1 at CCOM. I called and spoke with an admissions counselor, and asked what I could do to improve my chances of getting off this waitlist, she said send in grade updates, or anything really that shows how much I want to attend CCOM. I asked about a Letter of Intent and she said yes that would help. I got a call a few days later for an interview then I was accepted a couple of weeks later. So this waitlist is not a No from CCOM. Just let them know that are really interested.

Marcia

thanks for the ray of light Mdille - i've been trying to do just what you've advised,i'm sending a letter of intent and a grad school transcript tomorrow...
however after seeing how many overly qualified applicants are being waitlisted, i'm starting to lose hope. :(

its been almost a week since someone posted in this thread, so i thought I should revive it.

Also, I called CCOM and asked when the adcom is meeting next, and the representative said that the adcom is meeting soon, and that ppl who interviewed in late October would hear about a decision within 1-2 weeks.

:luck:

anyone hear anything off the pre interview waitlist??

its been almost a week since someone posted in this thread, so i thought I should revive it.

Also, I called CCOM and asked when the adcom is meeting next, and the representative said that the adcom is meeting soon, and that ppl who interviewed in late October would hear about a decision within 1-2 weeks.

:luck:

If the adcom is meeting soon then would that also apply to those of us who haven't heard anything yet pre-interview?

If the adcom is meeting soon then would that also apply to those of us who haven't heard anything yet pre-interview?

i would assume so...but i'd give them a call tomorrow to make sure

If you are on the pre-interview waitlist, the next time the adcom meets they will review your file again and hopefully make a decision to interview you. :luck:

What about those who are recently complete? Do they get evaulated at this time, too, or is there a wait?

If you are on the pre-interview waitlist, the next time the adcom meets they will review your file again and hopefully make a decision to interview you. :luck:

Well I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm not on the pre-interview waitlist, yet. My husband says no news is good news and I'm trying to believe him. I've only been complete a couple weeks now but I wasn't sure if the adcom meets at the same time to decide on interview and acceptances.

Whoops! :oops: Sorry, EEL08, I didn't realize that you asked essentially the same thing. I thought you were pre-inteview waitlisted.

I've been complete less than a month, too. Here's hoping we both hear something soon! :luck:

Whoops! :oops: Sorry, EEL08, I didn't realize that you asked essentially the same thing. I thought you were pre-inteview waitlisted.

I've been complete less than a month, too. Here's hoping we both hear something soon! :luck:

It's okay, I don't think I made that clear initially. It seems that quite a few people with higher stats than mine have been rejected or waitlisted pre-interview so it makes me nervous. It would be nice to know where I stand. At this point I'm just hoping for anything but a rejection. :luck: to you too!

WannaBaDoc-

Do they make decisions on interviews, acceptances, and pre-interview waitlistees each time they meet? I am hoping to get off the pre-interview waitlist. Do you know, or does anyone for that matter, when the admissions committee will meet again?? Thanx

WannaBaDoc-

Do they make decisions on interviews, acceptances, and pre-interview waitlistees each time they meet? I am hoping to get off the pre-interview waitlist. Do you know, or does anyone for that matter, when the admissions committee will meet again?? Thanx

:laugh: How many premeds does it take to ask a question before figuring out the answer?

:laugh: How many premeds does it take to ask a question before figuring out the answer?

this is precisely the game the adcoms play, adn they come on here to count how many :laugh:

So any news out of CCOM lately ?

has anyone's interact now page changed indicating that they've been accepted into ccom?

anyone hear anything off the pre interview waitlist??

if you're on the pre-interview waitlist...i strongly recommend calling the admissions office to speak with an admissions counselor..let them know that you are very much interested in ccom. If you live nearby and are able to show up on short notice..let them know that as well. Cancellations often occur and they like to keep a full interview group. :)

i called a while ago they said they don't update the page after the interview