CCOM v. PCOM??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CCOM or PCOM??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

udsoccer7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok everybody heres the deal. I'm sure I'm going to catch flack for starting another school-X vs. school-Y thread but I'm having trouble deciding where to go and I'd like to hear your thoughts. There are old threads like this but I'd like a fresh perspective. Tell me what yout think of each school and city. Give me your opinion on the pros, the cons, the night life, the sports teams, the culture, and your experiences, etc... I know I'd get a great education at both schools, but I can't make up my mind. Any thoughts are welcome.

P.S.--I am from Chicago and would have no problems staying but would enjoy and change of scenary as well.

P.P.S.-- Don't forget to vote above! ^^^^^^^^

Members don't see this ad.

These two schools are fairly similar, from what I know (i.e. admissions, tuition, solid clinicals). If I was from the Chicago area, then I would probably go to CCOM because of my level of comfort. However, if that is not an issue then it would be a tough choice to make. If you can stay at home and commute inorder to save $$ then I would def. go to CCOM. The cold is probably not as bad in Philly as in Chicago, so that would be a major plus for me even though I am from New England (still hate the cold). Chicago is a bigger city and so probably has more to do. Even so, I still love Philadelphia, there are tons of things to do...great culture, museums, history, good bar scene (old city, center city, manayunk). Both cities are tough to beat, but another plus for Philly IMO is that you can live a more residential area type life and still enjoy all the perks of city living with a 5 min drive. Ohh the crime situation is probably better in Chicago but it's not really a huge deal for me. Another thing that I've noted is that people who live in Philadelphia tend to get sick of it after a couple of years (I've only been here for 7 months) but I don't think that we'll have the time to get sick of the city while we're in school. Either way, I'm going to PCOM and looking forward to it, and to the next 4 or more years in this city. Hope that helped

Grr. I meant to vote CCOM!
I really love the school, but you can't go wrong either way.
Marcia

Members don't see this ad :)
Grr. I meant to vote CCOM!
I really love the school, but you can't go wrong either way.
Marcia

Marcia... a vote for PCOM!? I'm disapointed....

I am sure CCOM is a great place but in the end PCOM has the ultimate X-factor.

The God of Path, all praise be to him.

"If you were to tell me I have pancreatic cancer and offered treatment...I would tell you to shove it up your nose, I am buying a bottle of wine and heading to the Caribbean." :bow:

During my interview at PCOM i had already gotten into CCOM and told the interviewers that. The reply was you are going to have a hard choice choosing between us and them. They then went on to talk about how the schools are pretty much clones of each other on many levels and probably the most similiar of all the osteopathic schools. In the end i choose PCOM because I didn't feel like moving. It was a hard choice since you cannot go wrong with either.

During my interview at PCOM i had already gotten into CCOM and told the interviewers that. The reply was you are going to have a hard choice choosing between us and them. They then went on to talk about how the schools are pretty much clones of each other on many levels and probably the most similiar of all the osteopathic schools. In the end i choose PCOM because I didn't feel like moving. It was a hard choice since you cannot go wrong with either.

had the same choice... i liked pcom better though. CCOM has student housing which can be a plus...not cheap though for what you get. Chicago vs Philly.... might give Chi-town the upperhand. Both are in fairly safe sections, although Downer's Grove is a little more suburban.

In the end, it was more of a combination between the subjective "feeling" that I got a PCOM AND locational preference (from PA originally).

PS What did WaWa do Jonny?

OOH!! I miss going to WaWa! Get a hoggie for me please!! No such thing in Los Angeles.

Personally I would choose PCOM because I love going back to Philly!

But CCOM would be great too because it's such a beautiful city!

OOH!! I miss going to WaWa! Get a hoggie for me please!! No such thing in Los Angeles.

Personally I would choose PCOM because I love going back to Philly!

But CCOM would be great too because it's such a beautiful city!

Last I checked Wawa didn't carry hoggies. I can get you a hoagie though...

OP - do you have anything to tell us about your priorities at all? (Money, location, whatever...)

If I were from Chicago, I'd lean toward CCOM, myself, because I am a stay close to home type person. PCOM would be MY choice, because it is closer to where my home is.

My choices are not based on visiting or interviewing at either school. I might have gone to one or the other and hated it, so - it's hard to be definitive. You gotta go with your gut feeling.