CD Account

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Spine Specialist

Passion for Spine
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys,
How safe are these CD accounts in banks like Chase and Bank of America? These CDs are FDIC insured. Do you guys think nothing can happen to these investments in any financial crisis? Are there any risks?
 
Pretty safe, especially with all the measures the government is taking...

Generally the safer the bank and the less desperate they are for your deposits, the lower the yield you'll get.
 
CD's in a decent bank should be very low risk.
I'm not worried about them...
agree w/keeping 100k per bank.
Heck, if you HAVE 100k, I don't think you have much to worry about...financially I mean....