CE requirements for Drug Therapy Management certificate

Started by Music_rx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Music_rx

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm doing MTMs on MTMoutcomes website for my pharmacy. I completely forgot that the state of Texas requires six CE hours every year to maintain MTM certificate and I'm kind of freaking out. This is what the law says:
"A pharmacist engaged in drug therapy management shall annually complete six hours of continuing education related to drug therapy offered by a provider approved by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) "

Does "shall" here mean must or may? I'm not really sure what the consequesnces of missing those CE hours are. Are they going to revoke my MTM certificate leading me to lose my job? I've been a pharmacist for a little over one year and I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety to find pharmacy job. I simply forgot to keep up with these CE requirements.

Where can I access CE courses related to drug therapy? Thank you.