Cedricw's Last Defense

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cedicw2

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, first of all I would like to ask the mods to please leave this post up since several individuals have been attacking me and defaming my name and misrepresenting my positions since my previous account was banned from the forums. I would like to take the time to defend myself one last time. That being said, this should be my last post on the subject matter.

Having applied to allopathic schools and been rejected, he now contemplates turning to osteopathic schools. Not actually knowing why he wants to be a DO, he posts his first thread: Interview advice for why I want to be a DO. Rationalizing his new approach to medical school, he says "in all honesty, I would go to a DO school in a heartbeat and I really feel I would be happy as a DO."

kinetic, you have patted yourself on the back way to much for this inspector gadget quality PI work. I never contemplated turning DO after getting rejected. I wanted to apply to DO all along because I really liked OMT, but my premed advisor talked me out of it (which was really stupid). He gave me a ton of negatives about DO schools and said with my application I would have no problem getting into an MD school and I should never consider any DO school over an MD school. I took his advice, and although it probably would not have changed anything, I wish I hadn't.

Later that month, cedricw is pulled off the waitlist at an midwestern allopathic school.

Yes, I was pulled off the waitlist. And after that I received three outright acceptances and two other waitlist acceptances. I chose to go to one of the other waitlist schools.

It's just plain funny. It's rare that you get to see the documented evolution of someone from whimpering, rejected supplicant to arrogent, condescending bully. Where else can you get this for free?...I did not edit any of these statements. They were simple cut-and-pastes.

Of course not, because their is nothing wrong with any of the arguments or posts I made. They don't contradict each other or show any inconsistent statements.

A guy posts arguments that were very thought out and intelligent as to why foreign med grads should not be allowed to practice in the USA (granted they were emotional posts), then the foreign med grads on here get irate over it and attack him. Then the mods ban him for stirring up trouble.

That's EXACTLY what happened.

You think calling people dumb and undeserving is "thought out and intelligent"?

Brash and confrontational, yes. Thought out and intelligent, yes all of my arguments were. In retrospect I should have said, "undeserving and dumb or lazy." I posted my reasoning why american FMGs should not be allowed to practice in the US. Either 1) They were not intelligent enough to put everything together, or 2) They did not work as hard as the rest of us at getting everything together. Therefore they are either dumber than the rest or lazy. When they try to bypass this and buy an unaccredited degree and try to weasel their way back into the US system via a loophole they are very undeserving. This is plenty well thought out and if you cannot understand that then maybe you should think hard about which category (1 or 2) you fall into.

Argument against FMGs - FMGs went to foreign medical schools and come to the US to do their government-sponsored training, so many people think they are parasites feeding upon the teats of the American taxpayer. The only problem with the argument against is that these goverment-funded spots are actually providing hospitals with much-needed free labor, which they wouldn't be able to provide on their own, and allows them to care for more patients in an overcrowded health care system.

Obviously you fit into the pro-FMG group because you neglected to acknowledge my anti-FMG reasoning. That they never were admitted to med school in the first place for good reason so there is no reason why they should then be able to enter the system that never accepted them. They get in through a loophole that allows foreign citizens the chance to practice medicine in the US. Unfortunately places like ross jumped on the chance to exploit the system for money.

Compare Cedric's post vs posts calling him a nazi, a prick, and a big inadequate baby who wouldn't survive in Dominica. Why aren't people calling to ban docmojo and Masonater?

Because FMGs stick together and as pointed out most of the mods are FMGs.

Oh well, that's all I feel like saying on the matter, so if you guys feel better about yourselves by ignoring the truth you are more than welcome to continue living in your self-serving delusional world. Yes yes, everyone loves FMGs, they deserve to practice medicine like everyone else, yes yes blah blah...

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't stated (nor will I) whether I am pro- or anti-FMG. What I am against is people who are so transparently hypocritical. You hate people who are FMGs or USIMGs because they were "too stupid", "undeserving", "lazy", or "dumb" to get into a US school. In prior posts, you asked if they will disclose to their patients whether they went to foreign schools because they were unqualified to go to a US school. Will you be consistent and disclose to your patients that you were too dumb to get into a US allopathic school, too? That you were rejected on your first cycle and waitlisted on your second cycle?

Your opinions have no firm basis: had you been forced to go to a foreign school, your "principles" would go out the door in two seconds. That is what is so distasteful.

The fact that you cannot understand your hypocrisy - that you once pled for help and advice and now only dispense insults and humiliation to those who are in your former position - is astounding to me. Whether or not you are for or against FMGs, as a physician (or simply because you are supposedly so intelligent and above the rest of us idiots), you should be able to convey your opinons in a more mature manner. Don't use the royal "we" and "us" in making your statements. You're alone.

P.S. Why do you keep ripping on the moderators in here as being idiot FMGs and keep returning to use the message boards that they moderate?

cedicw2 is such a loser I don't even know why everyone wastes their time with him. Obviously he has way too much time on his hands to take all the time he does to talk about all the crap he does. He loves to talk about all the mishaps of others but we'll see what happens when he gets whats coming back to him.
Cedicw2 you may have not be posting anything wrong but we sure can tell what kind of person you are inside with all the stupid criticism you have for others. DOn't worry what does around comes around. Just make sure you're as diligent to post those things too since you're so good at it!

Cedricw/Cedriw2,

You are now banned from posting on this forum. Nobody wants to hear any more of your ranting and your hypocritical diatribes. And don't even bother re-registering a completely different userid, because we can smell you a mile away.

Originally posted by drlee
Cedricw/Cedriw2,

You are now banned from posting on this forum. Nobody wants to hear any more of your ranting and your hypocritical diatribes. And don't even bother re-registering a completely different userid, because we can smell you a mile away.

I rather enjoy your hypocritical diatribes...please continue to post. I also enjoy seeing everyone else's immaturity...please continue with your responses.

cedriw2...the new batch?

You guys know the address to the best pizza place in Chicago?:sleep:

Thin or thick crust I ask ye?

Like ortho I too find some of these posts amusing because they definitely fall under the category of entertainment. B-movie material, but still entertainment.

No point arguing non-contributory opinions in real life, let alone the internet. Devil's advocate also gets old very very fast in both venues.

Ventastic

I would much rather see cedricw's generalizations than all the characterization of cedricw from all the others who like to use the line "you don't know me. You're not better than me". Along that same line of argument, you don't know cedric and you are not better than cedric.

Shutting him up or banning him is narrow minded and not conducive to an open dialogue between the groups forced to co-exist within modern medicine. Pathdr2b called me an "as*hole" and did not get banned, while cedricw spoke what he felt without explicitly calling specific individuals names and was punished for addressing a group of people that happened to include the Mods. Should this board be re-named Student DO/FMG/USIMG/URMs Forums?

Will you be consistent and disclose to your patients that you were too dumb to get into a US allopathic school, too?

kinetic - you read into his post wrong. Read his older posts around that time. He was accepted by a few programs and taken off the waitlist after he posted that stuff, but it was all during the first year he applied. I don't think he meant he had to reapply after getting rejected completely during one cycle. Just rejected from some schools.

Anyway, you guys are crazy. Although he did upset some of you, he did not say anything completely out of the ballpark in regards to what many USMGs think from what I have seen. Oh well though, I guess it is easier for you guys to censor and hide conflicting opinions than to hear and acknowledge them.

Interesting thread (along with the other two)

From a my perspective, as a US IMG, there are several things to note here. I have been reading Cerdricw's posts for a while and just not saying anything, however seeing him banned started a fire under me and I had to express my feelings.

I don't agree with him on his views, but I do think that we need to promote an open forum for all to express their opinion, unless of course they start directing their attacks at individual persons and not act in a professional manner.

As for CedricW's posts, I think the underlying problem is that he chooses to generalize all of us (US IMG's) into one group. He is right in that "many" (not all) of us did not have the grades, scores, or the overall luck to get into a US school. For a small minority that had the grades and scores, things just did not pan out and they also did not get in. What he fails to comprehend is that the deficiencies on our records (be it grades, scores, etc) is not necessarily out of being "lazy" or "not working hard." There are many US IMG's that I know, who had legitimate reasons. Working too hard to support a family and underestimating the challenges of college level coursework is NOT indicative of someone being "lazy," nor does it make them less deserving of a chance to continue their medical education in the States. It is true that there is a substantial portion of US IMGs that do not meet the academic or social criteria to be a physician (and I say this from experience), but this is not reason enough for people such as Cedric to paint ALL US IMGs with the same brush.

Anyhow, that is my two cents worth. Provided that he did not personal attacks, I think you should let him speak his mind, as absurd as some of his allegations maybe, but to ban him is going a little too far. And remember, we all have the choice of not reading his posts.

Good day all!

Sedgewick was a malignant growth. Reason could not reach him. We are better off if he is cut out and sent to pathology for examination of 'ploidy.'

Remember, everything you see and read herewith is not necessarily the whole story. Cedricw sent inflammatory PMs to other SDN users and ignored repeated requests by the Moderators to refrain from this and other TOS violations. After he was banned, he engaged in yet another TOS violation by reregistering under a different screen name.

SDN does not censor unpopular or inflammatory threads wholescale. But when a user repeatedly insults others, name calls (which, whether you like it or not, is a TOS violation) and takes arguments outside the arena to PMs, users call for action. His censorship was not a Moderator directed event but rather at the behest of several SDN users who felt his arguments stifled rather than opened up professional and thoughtful conversation about this topic. After reviewing his posts and actions, the Moderators/Administrators as a group decided that his posts would be held. Cedricw tried to get around this by violating the TOS in reregistering under another name. Final straw...

We all realize that his opinions, while inflammatory, are shared by many US medical students. We welcome an open discussion about this topic - but alas, this and every other time the topic has been brought up, it has degenerated into angry and unprofessional name calling. I will not hesitate to close threads in the future which run this course. I'd like to see more camaraderie rather than divisiveness here.

BTW, of note, the users that "called out" cedricw on the forums are also in violation of the TOS and have been warned. Please don't allow yourselves to run the risk of being banned or having posts held because you stoop to the level of trolls.

Hope this clarifies things.

Originally posted by tofurious
Pathdr2b called me an "as*hole" and did not get banned...

He was warned and straightened up. Cedricw was warned, ignored our warnings, did not respond to them and continued to irritate others both on-line and via PMs.

SDN is a community and as such the Moderators sometimes have to make decisions which reflect the common good of the community. This includes post holds and banning users which are always group decisions. Obviously we don't take banning someone lightly - an isolated case of name calling or posting something inappropriate does not result in banning and should not. ALL users are warned before such action takes place - they can either argue their case, apologize and promise to straighten up or ignore it/insult us back, etc.

Hope this clarifies things.

Originally posted by Global Disrobal
Provided that he did not personal attacks, I think you should let him speak his mind, as absurd as some of his allegations maybe, but to ban him is going a little too far. And remember, we all have the choice of not reading his posts.

Good day all!

That is exactly right. Everyone can choose to ignore his posts or the posts of any one who upsets them. And I wish more people would do just that - although I realize from experience that's easier said than done.

cedricw did engage in personal attacks and others should be warned that threatening PMs are not only a violation of the TOS but can incur legal wrath as well. They can be construed as evidence of real threat to other users and we are obligated to do something about them if another user feels threatened. Its not a part of our job we enjoy and would frankly rather not have to deal with it; unfortunately, a very few number of users makes this an issue.

Originally posted by Global Disrobal
Interesting thread (along with the other two)

From a my perspective, as a US IMG, there are several things to note here. I have been reading Cerdricw's posts for a while and just not saying anything, however seeing him banned started a fire under me and I had to express my feelings.

I don't agree with him on his views, but I do think that we need to promote an open forum for all to express their opinion, unless of course they start directing their attacks at individual persons and not act in a professional manner.

As for CedricW's posts, I think the underlying problem is that he chooses to generalize all of us (US IMG's) into one group. He is right in that "many" (not all) of us did not have the grades, scores, or the overall luck to get into a US school. For a small minority that had the grades and scores, things just did not pan out and they also did not get in. What he fails to comprehend is that the deficiencies on our records (be it grades, scores, etc) is not necessarily out of being "lazy" or "not working hard." There are many US IMG's that I know, who had legitimate reasons. Working too hard to support a family and underestimating the challenges of college level coursework is NOT indicative of someone being "lazy," nor does it make them less deserving of a chance to continue their medical education in the States. It is true that there is a substantial portion of US IMGs that do not meet the academic or social criteria to be a physician (and I say this from experience), but this is not reason enough for people such as Cedric to paint ALL US IMGs with the same brush.

Anyhow, that is my two cents worth. Provided that he did not personal attacks, I think you should let him speak his mind, as absurd as some of his allegations maybe, but to ban him is going a little too far. And remember, we all have the choice of not reading his posts.

Good day all!

You present a very unbiased and objective view. It was my understanding that the 5th pathway schools sought to aggressively weed out those who were not fit to be doctors. I heard that the attrition was much worse then in US programs. Is that true? Next I thought that the extra year of internship in the 5th pathway was an extra measure to "whip these candidates into shape" so they could be good US residents. I'm curious to here your opinion on this matter.

What I've said (and statistics bear out) is the sheer volume of applicants from California and New York each year show that there are MORE than enough "qualified applicants" from those two states that don't get positions - that is not from being "too stupid" or "lazy" or whatever. It is a continuum, grey-scaled, and not black and white (ie, "you didn't get in, so you have NO WORTH to medicine, DON'T DESERVE TO BE A DOCTOR, and SUCK!").

Alas, once again, it is a medical STUDENT spouting off - with less perspective and circumspection. Being that we scrambled in 7 people last year, with 5 USMG's, one DO, and one FMG (me), I am hardly a vulture, and the 7 of us were culled from 140 telephone calls. I was chosen by the PD, and NOBODY cares at Duke that I am an FMG.

Students at Anonymous State School of Medicine can rail all they want, but I'm here, and there's no difference between me and the others.

Originally posted by Apollyon
What I've said (and statistics bear out) is the sheer volume of applicants from California and New York each year show that there are MORE than enough "qualified applicants" from those two states that don't get positions - that is not from being "too stupid" or "lazy" or whatever. It is a continuum, grey-scaled, and not black and white (ie, "you didn't get in, so you have NO WORTH to medicine, DON'T DESERVE TO BE A DOCTOR, and SUCK!").

Alas, once again, it is a medical STUDENT spouting off - with less perspective and circumspection. Being that we scrambled in 7 people last year, with 5 USMG's, one DO, and one FMG (me), I am hardly a vulture, and the 7 of us were culled from 140 telephone calls. I was chosen by the PD, and NOBODY cares at Duke that I am an FMG.

Students at Anonymous State School of Medicine can rail all they want, but I'm here, and there's no difference between me and the others.

I to have been scorned from the illustrious states of California and New York. I am lazy and stupid. I will be sure to inform my patients of this before every encounter so they know to get a second opinion.

this is in response to cedric saying the schools are not accredited. they are, by the governments of where they are located. and, a US agency determined that the accredidation standards are similar to US standards. kind of screws up the "diploma mill" and "unacreditted" argument

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post subject: Countries Determined to Have Comparable Accreditation Standards for Medical Schools to those in the USA Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:11 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ed.gov/about/bdscomm/lis...exp=0#decisions

National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation (NCFMEA)

Decisions: Countries Determined to Have Comparable Accreditation Standards for Medical Schools

The countries listed below have been reviewed by the NCFMEA and found to use standards to accredit their medical schools that are comparable to the standards used to accredit medical schools in the United States. The date(s) in parentheses is (are) the date(s) of the Committee's decision(s) of comparability.

AUSTRALIA (2/95 and 3/01) - Australian Medical Council (AMC)
(Note: The Australian Medical Council also accredits medical schools in New Zealand under the terms of an agreement with that country.)

CANADA (2/95 and 3/01) - Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS)

CAYMAN ISLANDS (9/02 and 9/03) - Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM)
(Note: In September 2002, the NCFMEA determined that based on the most recent information and materials received, the standards and processes to be used by the Cayman Islands to evaluate and accredit St. Matthew's University School of Medicine are comparable to those used to accredit medical schools in the United States. However, the NCFMEA limited the period of comparability to one year. In September 2003, the NCFMEA extended the period of comparability for another year.)

COSTA RICA (3/99) - Consejo Nacional de Ensenanza Superior Universitaria Privada (CONESUP)

CZECH REPUBLIC (3/9 - Accreditation Commission of the Czech Republic (ACCR)

DOMINICA (10/97 and 3/01) - Medical Board/Ministry of Health & Social Security

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (10/97) - National Council of Higher Education, Science and Technology (SEESCYT)

GRENADA (9/96 and 3/01) - Grenada Ministry of Health, Housing & Environment/NY Board of Regents

HUNGARY (3/97 and 3/03) - Hungarian Accreditation Committee (HAC)

INDIA (3/97 and 3/03) - Medical Council of India (MCI)

IRELAND (3/97 and 9/03) - Irish Medical Council (IMC)

ISRAEL (9/99) - Council for Higher Education

MEXICO (10/97) - Mexico Board for the Accreditation of Medical Education (COMAEM)

MONTSERRAT (10/97) - Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM)
(Note: Because of volcanic activity on Montserrat, the one medical school on Montserrat accredited by the Accreditation Commission is now located on St. Maarten.)

PAKISTAN (3/97 and 3/03) - Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC)

PHILIPPINES (3/99) - Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU)

POLAND (10/97 and 9/03) - Ministry of Health/Accreditation Committee of Polish Universities of Medical Sciences (ACPUMS)

SABA (3/03) - Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM)

ST. LUCIA (3/03) - Ministry of Health/Medical Accreditation, Approval, and Monitoring Committee

ST. MAARTEN (3/9 - Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM)

SWEDEN (9/00) - National Agency for Higher Education

TAIWAN (3/02) - Taiwan Medical Accreditation Council (TMAC)

THAILAND (10/9 - Ministry of University Affairs and the Thai Medical Council

THE NETHERLANDS(3/9 - Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science

UNITED KINGDOM (9/96 and 9/01) - General Medical Council

as far as whether some students are unqualified....well, of course. even some (although a very small number) that get into US schools shouldn't do medicine. for the most part, they fail out. same occurs abroad.

basically, saying that undergrad qualifications are what makes a doctor is stupid. if you can pass your undergrad courses, and then get into a med school, do well and pass the boards, you stand an excellent chance of being qualified. and, where you attend school has little to do with how good you will be in practice.

basically, once you get your residency spot, you have proved you can handle it. period. no matter where you went. trying to make these artificial distinctions based on who got into what school or who studied where is simply ignorant and short sighted.

Cedricw sent inflammatory PMs to other SDN users and ignored repeated requests by the Moderators to refrain from this and other TOS violations. After he was banned, he engaged in yet another TOS violation by reregistering under a different screen name.

This is Cedric again, I had to re-register to address this comment. This is COMPLETE BS!! I had NEVER sent a PM on the SDN (good or bad) period. NEVER!! I seriously hope Kim Cox is not the one lying here, because as a mod, that would be very sad. I know some of the FMGs on the board didn't like to hear what I had to say, but I didn't think they would stoop to lying (about PMs) to get me banned. I GUARANTEE you that if anyone said I sent them a PM (good or bad) that they are full of crap and they did not forward the PM, but rather just "copied" text. What a load of crap. And you complain that I reregistered another SN, of course I did because I had to defend myself (yet a second time now) from crap like this. If you are going to ban me, ban the bastards that lied and said I sent them PMs!!!

Cedric

Originally posted by medschoolhunter
This is Cedric again, I had to re-register to address this comment. This is COMPLETE BS!! I had NEVER sent a PM on the SDN (good or bad) period. NEVER!! I seriously hope Kim Cox is not the one lying here, because as a mod, that would be very sad. I know some of the FMGs on the board didn't like to hear what I had to say, but I didn't think they would stoop to lying (about PMs) to get me banned. I GUARANTEE you that if anyone said I sent them a PM (good or bad) that they are full of crap and they did not forward the PM, but rather just "copied" text. What a load of crap. And you complain that I reregistered another SN, of course I did because I had to defend myself (yet a second time now) from crap like this. If you are going to ban me, ban the bastards that lied and said I sent them PMs!!!

Cedric

You sure can dish it out but you can't really take it can you? You go off spreading lies and generalizations about how all caribbean FMGs suck, then you get pissed off when one lies about you being insulting on a private mail to get you banned. Are we suppossed to feel sorry for you? Do you think you've been victimized? Whoever "framed" you, and I'm using this term very loosely, is playing the same bull**** games you are. One good turn deserves another I suppose.

Here's an idea, call me crazy. But if you don't want people telling viscious lies and rumors about you then...

DON'T CALL THEM "LAZY AND STUPID REJECTS WHO AREN'T FIT TO PRACTICE MEDICINE", ON A PUBLIC FORUM!!

+pity+

This is the smallest violin in the world, and it is playing a sad song just for you. Be strong and try to hold back the tears of indignation.

One more thing,

"MedSchoolHunter", huh? Does that name imply that you are somehow hunting these errant, unaccredited 5th pathway schools.

OOOOhh, pretty scary! One man single handedly bringing these medschools down. Wow!

Dude, try some therapy. That is the biggest joke ego trip I've seen in a long time. Sometimes I wonder if you are really a 4th year medical student or if you are just some bigoted high school kid who is pretending just to mess with all of us. You sure act like one.

Have fun in residency dude!

If you are not "LAZY AND STUPID REJECTS WHO AREN'T FIT TO PRACTICE MEDICINE", why don't you just show up at work with all your FMG pride and not worry about what cedricw said? Your constant self-defense makes us believe that you ARE worried about him speaking the truth. In fact, if he is right about him not ever having sent any PMs, what he said has more truth to it than what he is accused of.

That makes no sense at all. If you have pride, let everyone insult you in silence? By that logic, if FMGs suck so much, it should be apparent to everyone and you shouldn't need to keep coming here and telling us, right? And shouldn't cedricw also stay silent instead of constantly re-registering?

Remember the "PM issue" was only one of several reasons why cedricw, medschoolhunter, etc. was banned. We've discussed this TIME and TIME AGAIN here and in other forums, users are not banned for isolated incidences nor is the action done wily-nily, without discussion amongst the Moderators and Administrators.

If it makes any difference to anyone, I don't have the power to ban users without discussing it with the others and asking one of the Super Mods to do it.

I think my opinion regarding this matter has been very clear. And I believe (which I'm sure many of you have been thinking for a while) it's best to refrain from any further posts regarding Ced. His views are simple, clear, and unmalleable. Any further comments do nothing but nurture anger and resentment. As he has shown no respect to the community by his reincarations (so frequent to even make Siddharta jealous) after being banned, he will come back, as long as we continue to feed him with our post, and in essence, feed the antipathy and ignorance he represents . I for one am not going to feed it anymore.

Best of luck to everyone. A mark of a good doctor is not measured by the letters behind his/her name or where the diploma comes from, it is weighed by his/her devotion, motivation, and commitment.

Originally posted by cancer_doc
I think my opinion regarding this matter has been very clear. And I believe (which I'm sure many of you have been thinking for a while) it's best to refrain from any further posts regarding Ced. His views are simple, clear, and unmalleable. Any further comments do nothing but nurture anger and resentment. As he has shown no respect to the community by his reincarations (so frequent to even make Siddharta jealous) after being banned, he will come back, as long as we continue to feed him with our post, and in essence, feed the antipathy and ignorance he represents . I for one am not going to feed it anymore.

Best of luck to everyone. A mark of a good doctor is not measured by the letters behind his/her name or where the diploma comes from, it is weighed by his/her devotion, motivation, and commitment.

I'm done too, we've argued the FMG thing until it is blue in the face. There are always doctors out there who will be arrogant and think they are better then other types of doctors. Now it seems like we are arguing about how it is not polite to call others mean names. If your mother hasn't taught you this by now, then I think it is too late.

Toofurious, if a harvard doc cut you for not being ivy league trained, would you defend yourself? Would you just take it and work hard? I bet you would think the person was an elistist bastard who was not being fair.

I would prove him wrong through means other than making everyone else believe without any evidence that he is wrong or crying foul all day.

There are many ways to prove someone else's generalization is wrong. Ivy league graduates are in general better than other graduates, and it's up to the individual non-Ivy leaguer to make something of themselves instead of arguing all day that Ivy league isn't worth anything.

I think the flame wars on this board are hilarious. USMGs vs. IMGs, Dentists vs. MD/DOs, DO vs. MD, Dentists/MD/DO/FMGs vs. Podiatrists. The animosities are so comical. I try to picture these people having these conversations and all I can visualize are these little "Doogie Houser" brat doctors calling each other names. I think the podiatrists have it the hardest, I just checked out their thread.

Here is the part where I should give an inspirational statement about not attacking others to build oneself up, but that has been done so often as well. :sleep:.

I think I'm going to start a new thread dedicated to flamewars and name calling. It is going to be called "the playa-hataz ball."

I don't think SDN is a place where people will dramatically change their minds. Perceptions about people - and unintelligent stereotypes about them - are usually changed one person at a time; day-in, day-out, shoulder-to-shoulder.

As a USFMG, that's my goal - provided they let this vulture back into the vaunted US health system.