Celiac Disease and dental school interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billyc7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there has interviewed at dental schools that were cooperative with providing gluten free lunches during the interview day or if you packed your own lunch?

Members don't see this ad.

It's a good idea to pack your own lunch, definitely especially with Celiac's, Crohn's, Ulcerative colitis and the likes. I've interviewed for dental hygiene and graduate schools before and usually they provide some variety. I'm unsure if schools can actually accommodate a rather specific diet but surely you can find some of the items edible like salads and such. I have some stomach problems myself and have to avoid certain foods but the few interviews I've had in my day weren't bad. I usually just picked salads with dressing on the side.

When I called Buffalo for interview, they asked me if I am on special diet. I think it is better to let them know about your diet.

Oh to worry about was what kind of lunch they are serving.....DAT in 6 days. What's it like to worry about anything other than this freaking test? Don't remember